• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

[VIDEO] Trump: "My [Jan6] speech was appropriate, has been analyzed" "Big Tech is causing a lot of problems and a lot of danger"

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
So he must be flying down to Alamo to set up some big stage right in front of a finished portion of "the wall" near the Rio Grande. One last event I guess.

His aides should have told him to say "Hidalgo County" instead due to the connotations of using the word "Alamo" given the circumstances - but perhaps like the rest of us they've had enough too and are just trolling him at this point.

Sparhavoc

Sep 4, 2020
If Joe Biden stood in front of the Portland court house and said something like “inside, right now, they are stealing the future of innocent black people”, then yes, he would bare some responsibility for what followed.

What Biden bares responsibility for with regards to the riots in the summer is his cowardice. He didn’t tell those people to riot, but have gave halfhearted justifications and nothing else right up until his poll numbers took a hit.

Trump needs to own up to his part in this. I liked that he doesn’t back down. But when you fuck up, you have to own it. His inability to do that has always been a character flaw. This was an obvious fuck up. He supporters trashed the Capital Building. They beat a man to death. Literally after he gave them a speech that riled them up. He didn’t tell them to do it. But he struck a match that started a forest fire.
He stood up and confirmed that black people were justified in their protests and he didn't vocally or repeatedly disavow the violence until August. Of course that was likely the plan all along. It's essentially gaslighting and social engineering.

We've seen what happens in riots. Democrats will create bail out funds for thugs. Does that sound like the party of fairness to you?

People need to stop buying into the media's hysteria as it's the one creating the huge divide. And the people responsible for criminal damage and murder must be punished.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract and Ixion

tillbot8

Aug 4, 2020
So that's one, not several like you claimed. The same one I found.

And what's your motive at implying those who don't support the pres are mindless robots? See?

I just hope we can be a good place for bipartisan discussion. We can disagree with each other but we can respect each other.
Missed your little edit. But yeah semantics, that's the crux of issue.

Difference is I don't give a shit if someone insults me, I have a stronger emotional capacity then a 4 year old? My only issue is hypocrisy and People who use weasely words in a weasely way.

Another thing I would like you to enlighten me on Mr Virtue. You responded to me to point out I use mean words, yet 12Goblins said a mean thing before I did on the same thread on the same page. But you didn't say to him this is a new chapter in Gaf and it's hugs and kisses from now on. Isn't that very odd. And you seem to allign politically also, what a coincidence.

Someone silly might think you were just trying to draw attention to my posts so the authorities might oh I don't know view my reputation on the site as a negative, you know set a narrative? Buts that silly of course. You are full of virtue, and haven't show to be bias at all. So nah it's not that.

Yeahhhhhh let's respect each other.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: Ryujin

Sephimoth

Mar 21, 2016
Weren't they storming it before his speech began? His speech started about an hour late I thought. Anyone got times?

EDIT: NM It was after the speech. From what I can make out, Trump started speaking around 11:50 lasting about 1hr 15

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Dec 26, 2008
Spain
Difference is I don't give a shit if someone insults me, I have a stronger emotional capacity then a 4 year old?

This forum just went through a "reimagining" amongst other reasons because it was incredibly hostile.

Whatever, you do you.

tillbot8

Aug 4, 2020
This forum just went through a "reimagining" amongst other reasons because it was incredibly hostile.

Whatever, you do you.
Do you remember this place 4 years ago? Do you remember this place 6 months ago?

4 years ago it tried to remove all 'hostility' look how that turned out. 6 months ago no pushing to remove 'hostility' place ran great. What changed this last while? I would say centrists and freedom orientated people were diluted with an influx of radical leftwing accounts. Like oil and water. Can't have too many authoritarians in one place and expect it to survive. Things start getting pushed. Thingsssss like 'stop hostility' but..

Whatever, you do you.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Singular7 and Ixion

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
He stood up and confirmed that black people were justified in their protests and he didn't vocally or repeatedly disavow the violence until August. Of course that was likely the plan all along. It's essentially gaslighting and social engineering.

We've seen what happens in riots. Democrats will create bail out funds for thugs. Does that sound like the party of fairness to you?

People need to stop buying into the media's hysteria as it's the one creating the huge divide. And the people responsible for criminal damage and murder must be punished.
I agree that the media plays a big role. But rational people are going to have to speak up. Against anyone who gets out of line. We can’t excuse one side or the other. You’re not wrong. What went on the summer was a fucking disgrace. It should’ve been stomped out immediately once it spiraled into violence and chaos. The Democrats who tried to ride that wave will get theirs eventually because now those same people are going to expect some accountability from the politicians they have elected.

But the point is, this business at the Capitol was fucking bad. Trump played with fire here and it burned him and all of us too. Normal people need to stop sitting on the sidelines and speak up. This shit is crazy. Life is still way too good in the US for it to splinter apart like this. We have become an ungrateful country in so many ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparhavoc

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019

Whatever, you do you.
The nature of debate carries at least somewhat hostility. Or at least confrontation. We should try to be as mature as we can. I think we should try to remain somewhat respectful of each other as people, separate from our ideas. It’s a hostile time. We should also attempt to be understanding of people and allow them to have a bad day once in a while, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenAlien
Aug 24, 2016
He stood up and confirmed that black people were justified in their protests

Too bad at most of the protests there were basically barely any black people if you look at the unedited videos off of the Media. Which Biden knows.

Kamala called for actual violence should we file her impeachment next after trumps? Biden supported her to, so that's two impeachments right there.

If we are removing Biden, Kamala, and Trump, and banning all 3 from holding office again, and since Pelosi and Mitch backed Trump and kamala they also go, then I think we have a deal, let's go!

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
Too bad at most of the protests there were basically barely any black people if you look at the unedited videos off of the Media. Which Biden knows.

Kamala called for actual violence should we file her impeachment next after trumps? Biden supported her to, so that's two impeachments right there.

If we are removing Biden, Kamala, and Trump, and banning all 3 from holding office again, and since Pelosi and Mitch backed Trump and kamala they also go, then I think we have a deal, let's go!
I’m for it. Get them all out. Kamala was openly cheered for those assholes. I’m tired of this show. It’s time for a reboot. If the people in charged truly cared about their country they would step aside and allow others to take their place. Their presence is poisonous at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: CGiRanger

Poop!

Nov 21, 2014
It's also funny because on the other hand some of them happily say "Trump will Vanish after Jan 20" (or something like fade into obscurity to the delight of all)

No he won't. If only because they'll never let him go. "But Trump" will be brought up every time this new administration is criticized as a reflex, or to explain any further 2020-like declines.

so the equivalent of “Whatabout Obama?” We’ve heard for the past four years??

fart town usa

May 31, 2009
midwest
This is before he went on the plane to where he is heading now, Alamo texas, and ignore the democrats and advocates who are too dumb to realize that's not "the" Alamo. Also Kevin Mccarthy thrown under bus, @JORMBO.

Short, but shows that nothing has changed since Jan 6th. Doesn't believe he did anything wrong with his speech on January 6th and claims people back that. He then moves on to the subject of big tech and how they are creating danger, and have made a huge mistake with how they have handled things.
I hope your scrutiny isn't partisan and you apply it equally to the calls for violence we've seen the last 4 years and more notably, this last summer in major cities throughout the nation.

TheContact

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2016
I’m for it. Get them all out. Kamala was openly cheered for those assholes. I’m tired of this show. It’s time for a reboot. If the people in charged truly cared about their country they would step aside and allow others to take their place. Their presence is poisonous at this point.

kamala sucks. i guess it was the right choice because they netted over 81m votes but god damn the democratic party needs better candidates. so does the republican party for that matter.

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
kamala sucks. i guess it was the right choice because they netted over 81m votes but god damn the democratic party needs better candidates. so does the republican party for that matter.
I think you could really rally a movement around removing both political parties. I’m not sure there’s anyway to lead it because the groups would be very disparate. But if you could bridge the gap, you’d really have something.

Aug 24, 2016
Doubt it, most people don't care about Kamala and before the election "experts" were wondering what benefit she brought since she couldn't get the black vote in the primaries either. Considering Trumps gained due to loss of Black vote from Biden double his 2016 black vote and then some this makes sense to wonder, also Hispanics.

I think the only reason Biden picked her is because he let it slip he would elect a black women at some conference, which isn't Kamala, and likely though Stacey Abrams was too toxic in comparison to pick as VP.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TheContact
Aug 24, 2016
I hope your scrutiny isn't partisan and you apply it equally to the calls for violence we've seen the last 4 years and more notably, this last summer in major cities throughout the nation.

What scrutiny? All i did was describe the content in the video lol.

Rimon-hanit

Aug 28, 2013
Israel
Donald Trump Speech “Save America” Rally Transcript January 6
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-speech-save-america-rally-transcript-january-6

Note: I read that whole speech, and not even one word, or phrase advocating violence of any kind.

I challenge anyone here to read his speech, and show me where he incited the crowd to violence.

Quote from his speech:

"We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."
Those context matter at all? was the outcome foreseeable to some degree in your opinion?
I don't mean to be hyperbolic but the argument against incitement seems a lot like a saying a mobster didn't order a hit because he said take care of him.

Kerlurk

May 1, 2020
Those context matter at all? was the outcome foreseeable to some degree in your opinion?
I don't mean to be hyperbolic but the argument against incitement seems a lot like a saying a mobster didn't order a hit because he said take care of him.

Only difference is historical context, and that just exonerates Trump. Thank you, I forgot to add that to my list.

Last edited:

Singular7

Jan 9, 2018

Whatever, you do you.
Feels like Reddit politics now...

Bleck.

Have fun liberals, I'm sure you're new society will work great. Later!

Last edited:

Kerlurk

May 1, 2020
Interesting perception. what about my second question?

What about it? Mobster telling his associate to take care of someone, requires the associate to know what his boss means by past behavior. What past behavior by Trump ever implies a riot?

He's main platform for the last four years is law and order.
- A summer of riots, which involved Trump against Democratic Governors who many times refused to deploy the National Guard.
- In Portland, the Democratic Governor refused to deploy the National Guard, and Trump sent Federal Agents, which were referred to as Nazi Stormtroopers. The Governor finally deployed the National Guard on the day of the election, about 3 months after Trump requested it.
- Trump in his speeches repeatedly praises law enforcement, and many in law enforcement support Trump. He would not do anything to jeopardize those people.

It crazy to think that Trump would want a riot, that would achieve no real practical result, but make himself look bad.

The Capitol Police allowed protestors to breach the outer barriers by opening them up and then assaulted them on the inner barriers without any provocation by the protestors, and then let them in the Capitol building.

There has to be a full investigation on this!

I fully welcome Robert Muller to spend the next two years, like he did on the Russian collision investigation, to investigate this.

Mark my words, there will not be a full investigation, same as the impeachment involved no trial, no due process, which all past impeachments had.

Just like there will be no investigation on the election discrepancies.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: DESTROYA

Rimon-hanit

Aug 28, 2013
Israel
What about it? Mobster telling his associate to take care of someone, requires the associate to know what his boss means by past behavior. What past behavior by Trump ever implies a riot?
Wouldn't it be true law and order if we established the legal means have been corrupted?

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
It crazy to think that Trump would want a riot, that would achieve no real practical result, but make himself look bad.
Except during the riot, Trump had Giuliani placing calls to congressmen asking them to stall the confirmation for as long as possible. It's clear Trump had some sort of scheme that didn't pan out that involved disrupting and delaying the confirmation, but it does seem like stopping them from doing their lawful duty was an explicit goal above and beyond just voicing displeasure.

It was a stupid move, but remember this is a guy who, to this point, has been virtually untouchable. He said he could shoot a man on 5th avenue and not be held to account. He survived impeachment. If you think he should have known where the line is, I have to ask "How would he?"

Rimon-hanit

Aug 28, 2013
Israel
In general, or do have anything specific?
In general if you are acting under the presumption that the presidency has been stolen and the legal process was corrupted would you, using means outside of that process be upholding true law and order?

Last edited:

Kerlurk

May 1, 2020
Except during the riot, Trump had Giuliani placing calls to congressmen asking them to stall the confirmation for as long as possible. It's clear Trump had some sort of scheme that didn't pan out that involved disrupting and delaying the confirmation, but it does seem like stopping them from doing their lawful duty was an explicit goal above and beyond just voicing displeasure.

It was a stupid move, but remember this is a guy who, to this point, has been virtually untouchable. He said he could shoot a man on 5th avenue and not be held to account. He survived impeachment. If you think he should have known where the line is, I have to ask "How would he?"

LOL! I love you guys. You're such a source of entertainment.

If Obama used a figure of speech or made a joke, it's OK, but if Trump makes a joke, it's "Orange Man Bad!".

Obama: "If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun".

The crowd is laughing. It's a joke.

It's not meant for your liberal sensibilities.

If Trump farted, it would be all over mainstream media.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
Just like there will be no investigation on the election discrepancies.
There has been, there's nothing there. Candidates are not legally allowed access to voter data, so his lawyers have just been fudging shit with what's publicly available and stating it as discrepancies when their numbers are the inaccurate ones. You hear them talk about this on the Raffensperger call. There's nothing to any of it.

In general if you are acting under the presumption that the presidency has been stolen and the legal process was corrupted would you, using means outside of that process be upholding true law and order?
No of course not. It can be a method of redress or a way to effect change but it is fundamentally anethema to law and order. The certification of the votes was lawful, whether every ballot was legally cast or not.

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
LOL! I love you guys. You're such a source of entertainment.

If Obama used a figure of speech or made a joke, it's OK, but if Trump makes a joke, it's "Orange Man Bad!".

Obama: "If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun".

The crowd is laughing. It's a joke.

It's not meant for your liberal sensibilities.

If Trump farted, it would be all over mainstream media.
I understand it's a joke, but it's a joke that expresses his (probably accurate) belief that his base is extremely loyal. I do not find it difficult to believe that Trump would think he could get away with almost anything, especially after 4 years of doing exactly that.

He crossed the line this time, not for all of his base but for enough of them to collapse the house of cards. But how would he know that was the line? Even now some still defend him. He just miscalculated. He thought it would be fine or worth the risk.

Snake00

Jul 8, 2020
I agree he did nothing wrong. Is biden responsible for the nutters on the left killing people in Portland? The same is applied here. The only ones responsible are those that stormed the capitol and killed the police officer.

The only difference is that the MSM and politicians have controlled the narrative to tarnish Trump. I find it absolutely laughable that the ones that laughed at David Dorn's death are sat on Twitter right now using the police officer that died at the capitol all in the name to direct their hate on Trump supporters.

You dont utterly destroy a movement and place blame on its leader for the nutters. You treat everyone with the same law and apply it equally.
Trump hasn't stopped talking about the stolen election since election day. If he would have accepted the results, noone would have stormed the capitol.

Biden could not have done anything to stop the BLM protests.

Kerlurk

May 1, 2020

At the very least, a bi-partisan investigation is needed.

The Democrats made the same claims that because of Russian collusion that the prior election was stolen.
- TWO YEAR investigation finds no proof of collusion
- protested the electoral college votes over the same issue just like some Republicans did in this one
- many Democrats claim because no proof was found, does not mean he's not guilty
- and I even heard recently a newscaster say "We all know, Trump won the last election because of collusion" as if it was a fact she was repeating, even though a TWO YEAR investigation found no proof of that.

I'm asking for an investigation, at the same level or greater (as it was not bi-partisan that one with all Democrats being on the team) as the Russian collusion one, but we won't get it.

And your even helping to support that effort by arguing against it. Are you afraid of the truth?

Last edited:

e&e

Nov 17, 2020
You agree he should be removed from office because you're vehemently anti-Trump. You've probably wanted him removed from office every day over the last 4 years.

The proof that there was nothing wrong with the speech is that nobody read or saw or reported on it as an incitement to storm the Capitol until... people stormed the Capitol.

As for Big Tech being dangerous for democracy, he coulnd not be more right. If you're more afraid of a hundred unarmed weirdos in the Capitol than you are of Zuckerberg, "Jack" and the rest banning people, destroying competitors and suppressing stories, then the next few years will be an eye-opener for you.
Nah, I’ll slowly checkout of Politics again so we can continue having a family gathering without someone discussing idiot Trump.

Kerlurk

May 1, 2020
I understand it's a joke, but it's a joke that expresses his (probably accurate) belief that his base is extremely loyal. I do not find it difficult to believe that Trump would think he could get away with almost anything, especially after 4 years of doing exactly that.

He crossed the line this time, not for all of his base but for enough of them to collapse the house of cards. But how would he know that was the line? Even now some still defend him. He just miscalculated. He thought it would be fine or worth the risk.

Maybe you should watch his speech, and check for eye winks, and hand signals. I'm sure it's there. Or maybe it's a hidden voice where he commands his faithful followers to attack and destroy, that bleeding liberal ears cannot hear.

Maybe he's like the Emperor in Star Wars, and can force the other side to do bad things, and so Trump is probably responsible for all the Antifa/Anarchist/BLM "Summer of Love" riots that went on.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
Maybe you should watch his speech, and check for eye winks, and hand signals.
Sorry, dude, but you cannot say there was nothing there that would have led to a riot, when it did.

You can only argue whether that was the intent or not. The result is a known quantity.

Kerlurk

May 1, 2020
Sorry, dude, but you cannot say there was nothing there that would have led to a riot, when it did.

You can only argue whether that was the intent or not. The result is a known quantity.

The Democrat Mayor of Seattle created a lawless zone in her city, that resulted in three people being killed, and I did not hear one peep by the Democrats that she should be removed or charged, versus a President that stood for Law and Order for 4 years, and was constantly refused to bring in the National Guard in many riot situations.

Even her own Chief of Police criticized her over it.

She had the nerve to say "Summer of Love" when Trump told her to do something about it.

Remove her from office, and charge her, before you start preaching your morality against Trump.

Last edited:
  • Fire