• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Cringe [Video] World Leaders Ripping Trump Apart at Nato

OptimusApex

Formerly 'AfricanKing' ... purposely obtuse
Jul 16, 2017

It would seem not even world leaders are averse to a bit of playground-style gossip about their colleagues.
The ongoing NATO summit in Londonhas been notable for a few frosty meetings between the prime ministers and presidents who have gathered, notably between Donald Trump and French counterpart Emmanuel Macron.

Dec 15, 2011
In any other context, in today's media, this story would be "Too many white men", but grasping the low-hanging fruit of celebrating mocking Trump makes everything excusable.

Such as a history of wearing blackface.

Good to know exactly where people's so-called principles are.

Last edited:

Alx

Jan 22, 2007
and yet all of them rely on nato and our military.

Someone explain to me again why we are supposed to care about these people?
The fact that the US isn't supporting NATO any more is the reason everybody's turning its back to it (Macron declared it "brain dead"). The organisation is clearly on its way out, its purpose recently was about having influence in central Europe and Middle East, but after Crimea and Turkey turning to Russia, one can wonder if it is still relevant.
There's a reason France pushes for a EU army, because the US aren't reliable any more.

Reactions: Phunkydiabetic

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
Nobody said nothing in that video ????.

Rutte would never mock trump specially not in any public scenario on that matter. It's complete opposite of what the guy stands for.
France guy nobody knows what he says.
English guy, said nothing and was just listening.
Canadian guy had something to say i guess? dude has zero morals on any front so yea no wonder.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
The fact that the US isn't supporting NATO any more is the reason everybody's turning its back to it (Macron declared it "brain dead"). The organisation is clearly on its way out, its purpose recently was about having influence in central Europe and Middle East, but after Crimea and Turkey turning to Russia, one can wonder if it is still relevant.
There's a reason France pushes for a EU army, because the US aren't reliable any more.

That's bullshit. We're tired of being used plain and simple. We foot the bill while countries enjoy the benefits and chide us on free healthcare and shit you otherwise couldn't do without our NATO dollars.

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
and yet all of them rely on nato and our military.

Someone explain to me again why we are supposed to care about these people?
Eh maybe cause you also need them? But I'm also glad Trump is destroying many US diplomatic relationships. That's actually the main reason I wanted him to win.

• LOL
Reactions: matt404au

womfalcs3

May 11, 2007
His own people have called him a "moron" and an "idiot" (Tillerson, McMaster, Kelly), it's been proven he's guilty of theft (charity fraud)/fraud (Trump University)/sexual assault (Access Hollywood tape)/bribery (Michael Cohen trial)/extortion (impending impeachment)/incompetence (North Korea, China), AND NOW there's proof that world leaders view him as a joke.

What a loser.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

Apr 17, 2019
His own people have called him a "moron" and an "idiot" (Tillerson, McMaster, Kelly), it's been proven he's guilty of theft (charity fraud)/fraud (Trump University)/sexual assault (Access Hollywood tape)/bribery (Michael Cohen trial)/extortion (impending impeachment)/incompetence (North Korea, China), AND NOW there's proof that world leaders view him as a joke.

What a loser.
Not at all. There is about 15 reasons to vote for this guy. Biden, Warren, Sanders, Yang, Buttplug, etc, etc.

Whitesnake

Jan 31, 2018

What a loser.
Per my previous message,

orange man bad

betrayal

Feb 2, 2018
Imagine an event that never happened and yet here we are witnessing people talking about this event, which never happened.

Reminds me of some of latest political satire like the russian election interference in the US, Brett Kavanaugh, quid pro pro and other things. But i think the person who created this thread is not an extremely left-leaning type of guy, because he uses arguments, facts and real life events (that actually happened) to create some kind of substance for what he's trying to say.

Oh, wait...

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
That's bullshit. We're tired of being used plain and simple. We foot the bill while countries enjoy the benefits and chide us on free healthcare and shit you otherwise couldn't do without our NATO dollars.

US spending:

Russia GDP:

Can u explain to me why EU needs 600 billion dollars or even 730 billion dollars from the US to defend ourself?

And why EU needs to double its budget to war russia that they don't even see as enemy to start with?

What is the US even doing to validate that budget?

Also doubling the budget and us lowering the budget will not effect any of those country's healthcare.

Or should we worry about china? you know that country that sits on the exact otherside of the planet from us? Also a country we don't have issue's with.

The only reason the EU ups its defense budget is to keep US markets open to the EU which is the main thing they care about and nothing else.

What a loser.
Trump is nothing against other presidents on the world map. US people are far to focused on there own bubble to realize there is a world outside of it.

EU presidents have to deal with literally hitler people like iran and turkey.

lyan

May 21, 2017

US spending:

Russia GDP:

Can u explain to me why EU needs 600 billion dollars or even 730 billion dollars from the US to defend ourself?

And why EU needs to double its budget to war russia that they don't even see as enemy to start with?

Also doubling the budget and us lowering the budget will not effect any of those country's healthcare.

Or should we worry about china? you know that country that sits on the exact otherside of the planet from us? Also a country we don't have issue's with.

The only reason the EU ups its defense budget is to keep US markets open to the EU which is the main thing they care about and nothing else.

Trump is nothing against other presidents on the world map. US people are far to focused on there own bubble to realize there is a world outside of it.

Focusing on the figures of military budget is rather pointless in my opinion. Say you spend the same amount as your potential opponent, does that mean you will be on an equal footing? Actually what does that even mean, both will lost N million lives, or N cities, or N km2 land burn to ashes?

I suppose for a non-invasive nation one would, ideally, opt to spend an optimized amount so that in a foreseeable war, to put it cruelly, the loss would be acceptable. Unfortunately such is determined through the influence of so many parties with different interests, and involves so many factors that for a layman like me, whatever figure the government tells me they are spending I can only respond with, 'whatever'.

China have their Belt Road plan reaching central Europe where some suspect is actually a means to take control of key locations and infrastructures with potential military importance, whether such claim is true we can probably only find out when it is too late.

Mar 18, 2018
Eh maybe cause you also need them? But I'm also glad Trump is destroying many US diplomatic relationships. That's actually the main reason I wanted him to win.
Who needs NATO when me and my loved ones and millions more brother and sisters of the US of mother fucking A have an Arsenal at our disposal, legally, and would have no moral panic pumping death into enemies foreign or domestic.

Reactions: Virex

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
Focusing on the figures of military budget is rather pointless in my opinion. Say you spend the same amount as your potential opponent, does that mean you will be on an equal footing? Actually what does that even mean, both will lost N million lives, or N cities, or N km2 land burn to ashes?

I suppose for a non-invasive nation one would, ideally, opt to spend an optimized amount so that in a foreseeable war, to put it cruelly, the loss would be acceptable. Unfortunately such is determined through the influence of so many parties with different interests, and involves so many factors that for a layman like me, whatever figure the government tells me they are spending I can only respond with, 'whatever'.

China have their Belt Road plan reaching central Europe where some suspect is actually a means to take control of key locations and infrastructures with potential military importance, whether such claim is true we can probably only find out when it is too late.
So if focusing on budget doesn't work why increase it? How does that work then?

We are talking here about budgets, the EU equals russia easily in equipment and warfare with tiny budgets and dwarfs them in cash already.

What is the US doing with 600b and soon 730b dollars in europe to start with?. Only 10% of the EU forces are made out of us army's stationed there.

Where's all that money going towards. Yea not europe defense.

That's what i mean.

Last edited:

btgorman

Jul 26, 2009
Just some libshit LARPing. Pure fantasy just like Russiagate or like Hillary 99.9% chance to win in 2016. 😂

US spending:

Russia GDP:

Aww thinks Euroland matters. Most of euroland has trouble hitting NATO targets. Euroland needs to grow up if they want to hang out with big boy USA.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
Just some libshit LARPing. Pure fantasy just like Russiagate or like Hillary 99.9% chance to win in 2016. 😂

Aww thinks Euroland matters. Most of euroland has trouble hitting NATO targets. Euroland needs to grow up if they want to hang out with big boy USA.

So you don't read got it.

Those little shitty % budgets dwarf anything "enemy's" of the EU spend.

Maybe just maybe the US should lower its budget, but then they won't be able to play world police and lose control over everybody the next day. That's why your budget is so big. EU has no interest in that.

weirder

Sep 11, 2019
the Eye in the Triangle
Those aren't even cutting remarks, they're just elements of a work story from dealing with a tiresome blowhard. Still, this isn't the average work gathering and that shit should be kept from camera. Careless, unless it was intentional.

btgorman

Jul 26, 2009
So you don't read got it.

Those little shitty % budgets dwarf anything "enemy's" of the EU spend.

Maybe just maybe the US should lower its budget, but then they won't be able to play world police and lose control over everybody the next day. That's why your budget is so big. EU has no interest in that.
Cant lower NATO budgets without a large amount of pearl clutching from the liberal and elite class blowhards.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: matt404au

gunslikewhoa

Mar 3, 2014

US spending:

Russia GDP:

The US spends more on R&D than any Euro's entire defense budget. You're welcome for all of that military hardware you wouldn't be able to otherwise purchase. Our navy has warships all over the world. This is so that we can maintain global blue water force projection in order to protect your shipping lanes. There are only six or seven nations with blue water capability and only one with global coverage. Again, you're welcome. We maintain roughly 95% of the world's foreign military bases and have military personnel in over 150 countries. A lot of those may just be a handful of technicians or there for signals intelligence, but the point is that there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know and that we aren't supposed to know. You're welcome.

We can't pay our soldiers $100 a month like China and unlike every other product under the sun, we can't pay their citizens slave wages to produce our military hardware, either. This inflates the budget a bit when comparing to China.

There's a lot more to it than this. I'm not saying that I agree with everything we do militarily, of course. And I'm sure that we could save billions by cutting down on waste and fraud, but you're awfully naive if you don't think that the money that we spend as intended benefits our allies tremendously.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
so most world leaders are petty, sniping schoolgirls? i mean i figured as much, they are a bunch of back biting privileged assholes, makes sense they would act that way.

also "RIPPPING APPART!!" is not standing in a high school style clique circle making insults behind someone's back. then again the news media is basically the same gossip loving losers torturing us all daily in an eternal high school.

this is only news for people that think posting a GIF of someone drinking tea is some kind of megaton mic drop.

Last edited: