• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame "Demake" Art

Ifrit

Awesome thread idea.

Here's the Dark Souls one OP is talking about.

super_londo_bros_by_cyangmou-d6gse03.png

HNNNG

Duxxy3

Time for Nintendo to bring back the gameboy. Perfect for these games.

and because i really want to see the gameboy back

electr8r

Are there any demakes that do mid 90s polygonal 3D style? Think of Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy VII, Ocarina of Time, etc..

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I updated the Dark Souls GIF so that the sky and HUD don't tremor with the knights steps. Now only the foreground and mountain quake.

dark_souls_animated_no_sky_by_aloo81-d7i6c2o.gif

Zomba13

I really hate the pictures with the aspect ration portrait rather than landscape because it makes me think of all those shitty mobile phone games before Android and iOS. Like, no matter how cool the picture looks or how well done it is I just instantly think of those and assume that what-if version is complete and utter shit to play.

Elixist

love the Re5, Metroid, Dark souls and Uncharted ones. But that Shadow of Colossus gif honestly gave me goosebumps the artwork is just legendary in that game and totally comes thru in that.

I really hate the pictures with the aspect ration portrait rather than landscape because it makes me think of all those shitty mobile phone games before Android and iOS. Like, no matter how cool the picture looks or how well done it is I just instantly think of those and assume that what-if version is complete and utter shit to play.

It's meant to be arcade / TATE mode

jerry1594

These are absolutely brilliant. I'd play them all.

Love it. Reminds me of Castlevania a little bit.
I'd offer both my kidneys to whoever if we could get a 2d castlevania that looks like that.
Holy mother of god just look at it.
ntlbYLm.jpg

Would it ever be possible to make a game that looks like this?

Doczu

Is there a site where i could get hi res "demake" art to print out? Or maybe order some as posters? Must have an option to ship to Poland.

smuf

God I miss pixel art. Outside of the occasional indie game it's truly a lost art. Since the 90s nearly nothing has came close the smoothness and fidelity of games like Last Blade, Mark of the Wolves, Metal Slug or Street Fighter 3. It's such a shame.

Fellow93

Neo Member
WOW, all of these looks goddamn amazing. I would play the hell out of that Dark Souls one's, now i can't even deal with that they are not real games ...

Top Bottom