• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Ysiadmihi

Banned

Eteric Rice

ibvrxy.jpg

2ls865v.jpg

And last one is a spoiler for Mother 3, so I'll just link to it.

http://i43.tinypic.com/xc50fl.jpg

God, if the first two are true... Mind = Blown.

MNC

HOLY SHIIIIIIIT AT MARIO THREE. OH MY GOD.

This thread is back on track! The Mother 2 thing has been said some times but it's a nice recap but OMG MARIO 3

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
And the greatest stage show I've ever seen.

v2sk0i.gif

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Wizpig said:
Oh... OH :D

So Bowser sons don't really exist, that's why they almost never appear in games these days, even if New Mario Bros. Wii is using them again.

^ ActorsCould be, yes.
Baiano19, mark your spoilers.

Mario timeline is splintered. Contact the Zelda guys to come and map it out for us ASAP.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
alistairw said:
Mario timeline is splintered. Contact the Zelda guys to come and map it out for us ASAP.
We might need to split the timeline.
Damn, it's a tough choice.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jocchan said:
We might need to split the timeline.
Damn, it's a tough choice.

Which is going to be interesting since at the end of Mario Galaxy
the entire galaxy/universe basically ends and is 'rebourn' back to the point where the game initially left off, as if nothing happened. So then we ask ourselves if past Mario titles happened during the universe events of Galaxy, or post rebirth. Is the end of Galaxy actually BEFORE all Marios?

Oh god.

m3k

wow at smb3 being a show... mind blown, again

This thread is amazing, they should put it in a time capsule so that in hundreds of years into the future, people or our alien overlords will understand the puzzles of our time.

Yes that would be quite useful for them.

Vitet

Wizpig said:
Oh... OH :D

So Bowser sons don't really exist, that's why they almost never appear in games these days, even if New Mario Bros. Wii is using them again.

^ ActorsCould be, yes.
Baiano19, mark your spoilers.
And Super Mario World
koopafamilysmw.jpg

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Aaaagh, you've complicated things even more! Is this before or after the events of Super Maio Land 2? Does this mean that the events of Mario and Luigi 2 didn't take place? WHEN WILL MARIO VISIT SUNKEN HYRULE?!!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
alistairw said:
Aaaagh, you've complicated things even more! Is this before or after the events of Super Maio Land 2? Does this mean that the events of Mario and Luigi 2 didn't take place? WHEN WILL MARIO VISIT SUNKEN HYRULE?!!
But Smash Bros. Brawl is set centuries after Super Mario Bros. 1! Just look at what happened to world 1-1!!!!!1!one!!!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
gawd. I never realized SMB3 art style was reminiscent of a theater stage. Nintendo games, for the limited story they have, apparently have a lot of imagery and subtle themes going on...

Soule

It was so obvious it was a play and yet at the same time it never registered with me fully :lol

I mean the beginning and the end were quite obvious but all throughout the game I didn't really pick up on that stuff and it's all really cool on behalf of the dev team, would've been so easy to just not bother with it

tabsina

SMB3 fact is interesting.

glddrgn said:
wasn't it pretty clear after finishing the game that smb3 was a play? Or did you guys never finished the game :p

other than the curtain going down? if that was it, that had the same impact on me the curtains going up at the start did - did not pick up on it being a play at all... i always thought of it as nintendo showing mario off saying 'he is famous now'.. :lol

gg nintendo, gg

In 1953 a movie was released called The Wages Of Fear, a prototype of the buddy action movie in a way where these 2 pairs of guys take a job of driving 2 nitro glycerin filled trucks along a ridiculously treacherous path in hopes of reaching the destination without being blown to smithereens.

the-wages-of-fear-le-salaire-de-la-peur-blu-ray.jpg

The two main protagonists in the first truck are named MARIO (Right) and LUIGI (Left).

DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND

The Mario 3 thing is really cool but it#s also fairly obvious from the way stages were shown, just like the images explained, but reading it like that with images makes it fully click in my mind.

Atilac

Anyone notice the mass effect character in the cinematic trailer for star wars the old republic? You see his face when that fish guy gets spin kicked by the sith. Idk the timings

Haunted

Atilac said:
Anyone notice the mass effect character in the cinematic trailer for star wars the old republic? You see his face when that fish guy gets spin kicked by the sith. Idk the timings
useless without screens.

Top Bottom