• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Another one from Twilight Princess:

250px-Telma.png
160px-Louise.png

........................ Telma ........... and her cat ............ Louise

--->
200px-Thelma_%26_Louiseposter.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thelma_and_Louise

T'Zariah

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
For those who've beaten Killzone 2 and seen the ending.

Ok, if you all watch the opening cutscene of Killzone 2, you see plain as day that Visari's eyes are a light green/lime color. Flashforward to the ending, look at his eyes when he gets into Sev's face saying "You have not won...", if you're watching in HD, you can clearly see his eyes are dark brown.

This leads me to believe that the Visari Rico killed was not Visari, rather a double. Why do I say this? Why would Colonel Radec, arguably Visari's most loyal lapdog, leave his master unprotected in case of his failure? There were NO guards protecting Visari at all. Visari had an undertone of edging Rico on. Knowing his death would escalate the war his soldiers would fight harder, while a "Shadow" leader was replaced while only his most trusted advisors knew the true circumstances of his "death.
Holy crap....never even noticed that.

Feep

Banned
Wada
This is a great opportunity, so I have something I'd like to say. In Punch-Out!!, the game gives you a lot of hints about effective timing of punches. There is a big boxer called Bald Bull in the NES version as well and a light flashes to the right in the audience when he charges. If you punch when it flashes you will land a body blow.
Tanabe
What? Really?
Wada
No one has known about that for about 22 years…
Everyone
(laughter)
Wada
I was wondering when I would have a chance to tell people that.
Iwata
You've been holding that information for 22 years since the release. (laughs)
Wada
Now that I had the chance. (laughs) There are a lot of hidden elements in the NES version.
Goddamn unbelievable. Twenty two YEARS!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
If you do some digging in one of the prototype versions of Dynamite Headdy released in that huge Sega ROM dump from a year and a half back (I think), you can find some interesting music data located between 00061ACE and 00062333.

It's a copy of the "Beat It" music track from Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

FoxSpirit

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Feep said:
Goddamn unbelievable. Twenty two YEARS!
And thats why Nintendo has been the gaming god for so many years.
They know and love game design like no one else.
I bow before the gods....
*Bows*

sn00zer

Blizzard said:
And if you want to be really macabre, maybe that skull is from uh........
yeah kinda figure
EDIT: Holy shit how awesome would it be if they made a real Pokemon game and you eventually run into poachers

hemtae

Not that mind-blowing but I liked it about DQV

You met a character claiming to be a zenthian named Dr. Agon. Later he is revealed to be the Zenthian Dragon. Dragon, Dr. Agon. Well I liked it >_>

sn00zer

hemtae said:
Not that mind-blowing but I liked it about DQV

You met a character claiming to be a zenthian named Dr. Agon. Later he is revealed to be the Zenthian Dragon. Dragon, Dr. Agon. Well I liked it >_>
scrubs62.gif

Wander gradual changes and becomes dirtier throughout Shadow of the Colossus
until he gets to the final demon form

Probably old as Yamauchi, but who cares:

There are three N64 - versions of Ocarina of Time:

jzszd.jpg
Version 1.0 (Original launch version, discontinued after ~two/three months)

6f1qia.jpg
Version 1.1 (Next version, minor edits)

Version 1.2 looks like Version 1.1 but it had the most changes and it's the most common version.

The changes:
censorship1.JPG
censorship2.JPG

censorship3.JPG
censorship4.JPG

Ganon coughs blood in the original, but it was recolored into green in the other versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_nCxM9ofhI (Fire Temple Music - Original)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH6xUvWKspk (Fire Temple Music - New Version)

The original music contained arabic chanting, but it was removed in the new versions due to complains of several muslims.

The Gerudo symbol has been also changed (in the GCN - version):

Original symbol:
oldmirrorshield.jpg

New symbol:
newmirrorshield.jpg

Original:
crescentcollage.jpg

They replaced every texture. >_>

This text also doesn't exist in the new versions:
friedeyeballs.JPG

etc. xD

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Captain Smoker said:
Probably old as Yamauchi, but who cares:

stuffs

I knew about that - in fact my copy of Ocarina of Time was one of these originals without the changes. Never knew about the Gerudo textures or the writing about them eyeballs though.

Also, that Cubone thing is freaking mindblowing.

CAPCOM is the abbreviation for the original company subsidiary called Capsule Computer. Nothing spectacular about that, but guess where the other syllables went...

SULEPUTER

2 small possible mind blows -

The voice of Marcus Phoenix was also the voice of Wakka / Kimahri in FF10.

The music in Tenpenny Tower (Fallout 3) is the exact same music in the Mall multiplayer map on Kane & Lynch.

Rufus

KevinCow said:
You know what, Cubone's always bugged the hell out of me. How does its mother dying and it deciding to wear her skull make it an entirely different species? It makes no goddamn sense.
Gotta admit though, it's kinda bad ass. Or creepy.

Twilight Princess has many Easter Eggs. It's such an overdeveloped game. The attention to detial is mind blowing. But I've said this a million times. In fact I don't think there exists a game, that has had that much attention to detail.

Apparently, and this was said officially, you can chop down some sign post, and put it in the river, and it will float all the way down, across Hyrule. I don't exactly know which or how to do this.

Orpheon

Banned
^ .. From Part 10 of the Iwata Asks Roundtable Interview of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:

Miyamoto:

It's a well-known fact that Zelda games always have signposts that can be sliced apart by the player. The village at the beginning of this game is no exception. However in this game, finally, the pieces you cut off can be picked up!

All:

(roaring laughter)

See for yourself:
http://www.nintendo.com/wii/what/iwataasks/videoplayer/zelda8/300/189

I've had so much fun doing this, and if you cut smaller pieces they can be picked up with one hand and thrown accordingly.

Orpheon said:
^ .. From Part 10 of the Iwata Asks Roundtable Interview of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:

See for yourself:
http://www.nintendo.com/wii/what/iwataasks/videoplayer/zelda8/300/189

I've had so much fun doing this, and if you cut smaller pieces they can be picked up with one hand and thrown accordingly.
That's where I read it, that's why I said it was officially said.

But I've never remembered to do this while playing. Apparently they don't just float, they go all the way downstream. I don't think it's true, there are many places where the game needs to be loaded, I am certain they didn't go that far. Imagine doing it fro Zora's domain and seeing it on Hyrule field, getting caught on the grills.

Top Bottom