• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

wRATH2x

Banned
Mama Robotnik said:
Doctor Robotnik can actually be destroyed in Sonic 3. Not defeated, but destroyed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrRLzXdz6L8#t=8m58s / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo8G_-ti170

robotniksuldefe.gif

If Tails hits him 256 times, his sprite will implode and a
flicky
will pop out. Your reward for destroying history's greatest monster?
100 points
Holy Shit!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
TheShampion said:
Does anyone know why Aghanim is green? He is red in all the concept art...and in the comic book. He is only green in the game. Is there a deep, dark secret there?
Probably the same reason Link has pink hair.

You guys are weirdos, even if you thought that was his face, what were you processing the angry eyes below that 'face' as? I can't see them as anything but eyes.

Shig said:
Probably the same reason Link has pink hair.

You guys are weirdos, even if you thought that was his face, what were you processing the angry eyes below that 'face' as? I can't see them as anything but eyes.
That is how I viewed it too. First thing I saw were angry eyes and him wearing a hood. And as others said, just match the hands to the face color.

Little Green Yoda said:
Possibly old, most probably a stretch...

...but doesn't the TWEWY logo look vaguely like an angel instead of 3 buildings?

logo.jpg
Kind of makes me think of a shoulders-up silhouette of Final Fantasy Alexander.
Alex.jpg

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Fimbulvetr said:
'Cept Mario actually does have a mustache....
only because they made a design choice that they needed to differentiate between his body and his head. so they gave him a moustache.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the flying fuck? The red dot isn't his mouth? Then where the heck is his face?

EDIT with a pic:

ZaQddoazc.jpg

Mik2121

Seiken said:
What the flying fuck? The red dot isn't his mouth? Then where the heck is his face?

EDIT with a pic:

http://www.pici.se/pictures/ZaQddoazc.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You can't really see the face?

[IMG]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/KimHaeChul/durrrrrrrr.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mik2121 said:

durrrrrrrr.png
Okay.

Excuse me while I go and shit myself.

Be right back.

EDIT: Thanks for ruining my childhood memories.

Rufus

Well fuck, I just didn't see it!

Mik2121 said:

[IMG}http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/KimHaeChul/durrrrrrrr.png[/QUOTE]
Wow. I always thought the ruby in the headband was his mouth too... Fuck, it's like the cover of Sepultura's Roots. Took me the longest time to see that it was a human with face paint, and not some doll. The 'eyes' totally threw me off.

[QUOTE=Shig]
You guys are weirdos, even if you thought that was his face, what were you processing the angry eyes below that 'face' as? I can't see them as anything but eyes.[/QUOTE]
I don't think I [I]did[/I] process them, actually. My brain had decided on what his face was, so the rest was irrelevant...

Yoshichan

Jaded Alyx said:
You "Agahnim-wrong-face" people are freaking weird.
No YOU are weird, why would his face be down there with his stomache?!

Mik2121

Seiken said:
No YOU are weird, why would his face be down there with his stomache?!
His stomach? His stomach is quite near his feet... :/ His belly button would be probably a couple pixels over the line where the red clothes end.

Yoshichan

Mik2121 said:
His stomach? His stomach is quite near his feet... :/ His belly button would be probably a couple pixels over the line where the red clothes end.
So Ganon is that short huh? I don't believe it. Bah, the red dot is still his mouth IMO.

Roto13

Oh, hey, Neoriceisgood. Remember me? :p

4 Color Rebellion has a ton of Pokemon brain-exploding things.

- Rotom and Team Galactic are a tribute to Pulseman.
- The interior of Goldenrod City's gym looks like a Clefairy when viewed from above.
- Venonat looks exactly like Butterfree's head.
- Pikachu, a mouse, is number 25. Meowth, a cat, is number 52, which is 25 backwards. :p That's probably why Team Rocket has a Meowth.
- Hitmonchan, the punching Pokemon, is number 107, and Little Mac from Punch-Out is 107 pounds.
- Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres have the Spanish words for one, two, and three in their names.

That page also has the Cubone image that was already leaked. Is this a case of GAF > Internet > GAF? Sorry if this was all posted before. :p

Yoshichan

Roto13 said:
For reals. >_>

What? Do you think those red/purple/whatever things are his legs?
Not really, those were part of his robe...

Roto13 said:
What? Do you think those red/purple/whatever things are his legs?

Ahahaha, holy shit.

I always saw Agahnim the right way, only now do I realize the sprite really does look like Pokey. And now the legs. Shit.

Orpheon

Banned
One factor which helped settle the actual face of Agahnim for me was the perceived elevation level of his gaze.

If his mouth was the red jewel on the crown -> i.e. Pokey-faced, he would appear to be looking straight up into the camera (right at the player), however if he was seen as the black-faced, angry eyed sprite, then he would be looking straight down, directly at Link or the maiden in that pic.

StuBurns

Banned
I mentioned this in a thread a few months ago, and someone said I should post it in this thread, but I forgot about it till a mate just mentioned the level to me.

Mirror's Edge has a level inspired by the famous Japanese storm drains.

tokyo-storm-drain.jpeg

2_017.jpg

japanesesewers1.jpg

2_022.jpg

Not mind blowing, and I can't even remember where I read about it, but cool I think.

Jazzem

This is reminding me of a Cave Story confusion:

thumbcave.jpg

Until I saw the remade version on the right, I thought the left vertical blue line was his right eye and the right vertical blue line was his nose...heck I still see it like that when I play the PC version, even if I try to visualize it the other way my eyes just won't let me!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Jazzem said:
Until I saw the remade version on the right, I thought the left vertical blue line was his right eye and the right vertical blue line was his nose...heck I still see it like that when I play the PC version, even if I try to visualize it the other way my eyes just won't let me!
I had this problem only at the start of the game. When other characters started appearing I realized what was going on though, it would make no sense that only him would have the face like that.

Top Bottom