• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

KillerAJD

Obviously, they are not great pictures, and the transposed image doesn't totally fit angle-wise, but it should give you an idea of what you are looking at.

2it0pc5.jpg

14t6ccn.jpg

2mo1f9w.jpg

Celine

HeresSomeWeapons said:
I think it's a just a conveniently placed cliff-shaped cliff that for some reason people really want to be the moon.
Yeah, it's possible.
However I always wondered why Death Mountain in TP didn't look like a mountain at all ...

Metal B

Andrex said:
Death Mountain in TP is the Moon from Majora's Mask.

And actually that fits in nicely with my timeline theory.

What? MM plays in a parallel Universe with the name Termina. Its not Hyrule and the same people of Hyrule in OoT, play other rolls in MM. How can the moon from Termina be in Hyrule? Probably its just an ester-egg.

hirokazu

Celine said:
Yeah, it's possible.
However I always wondered why Death Mountain in TP didn't look like a mountain at all ...
I'm still not convinced. I'm thinking Face on Mars. Anyone have clearer pics of Death Mountain or from different angles? I don't remember what it looks like at all except that it didn't look like the Ocarina of Time one.

Are we supposed to think the moon from Majora's Mask broke off of Twilight Princess' Death Mountain in bizzaro time paradox land? Or one is the evil version of the other in parallel universes?

OMG Aero

So is everyone just conveniently forgetting that the moon is a hell of a lot bigger than Death Mountain? Not to mention when the moon was crashing into Termina it was facing towards the planet so if it did crash its face wouldn't be on top.

It's a coincidence, nothing more.

big_z

hirokazu said:
I'm still not convinced. I'm thinking Face on Mars. Anyone have clearer pics of Death Mountain or from different angles? I don't remember what it looks like at all except that it didn't look like the Ocarina of Time one.

the picture is from a cutscene where wolf link learns different songs. i cant remember but i think different assets are used during that part than the ones in the game. you also cant change the camera angle.

this is very much a face on mars thing.

Koren

OMG Aero said:
So is everyone just conveniently forgetting that the moon is a hell of a lot bigger than Death Mountain?
Deimos size is around 8 miles, that's smaller than most mountains. MM's moon was probably really small.

But other points stands, it seems funny, but most probably far-fetched.

mclem

Kenak said:
I played through both MM and TP and I'm still not getting it. Wasn't the moon at the end of Majora's Mask just halted?

If I remember right, it just... vanished. Rippled with energy and went away.

Cheerilee

I cranked up the light levels.

29cx84i.png

I think the area in the smaller upper-left circle is supposed (by whoever) to show the side of a nose, with the eyes up and to the left of it, and the general sphere shape is very poorly highlighted by the larger circle which doesn't line up properly.

Better pics are definitely needed.

Ydahs

ruby_onix said:
I cranked up the light levels.

29cx84i.png

I think the area in the smaller upper-left circle is supposed (by whoever) to show the side of a nose, with the eyes up and to the left of it, and the general sphere shape is very poorly highlighted by the larger circle which doesn't line up properly.

Better pics are definitely needed.
Hasn't Twilight Princess been hacked to no end where, using Action Replay or whatever it's called, the player is able to basically explore any area via a camera view? If so, I guess getting a better angle or even an overview shot is possible.

bjork

My mind is blown that I sat through a minute of some tool jabbering before I closed the window. I guess that counts.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wrath2X said:
OK thats fucking awesome!

And whats your timeline theory?

After the timeline split in OoT, Wind Waker follows adult Link while Twilight Princess follows young Link and Majora's Mask (Ganon was found out and put on trial.)

HeresSomeWeapons said:
But what if it fell all the way through Termina and ended up in Hyrule, which is why it's facing the opposite direction? o_O

Exactly! We don't know if Termina's moon was based on an actual moon, nor do we know what happened after MM. :p

It's not solid, I know.

Andrex said:
After the timeline split in OoT, Wind Waker follows adult Link while Twilight Princess follows young Link and Majora's Mask (Ganon was found out and put on trial.)
It's not solid, I know.

I thought the moon never landed at the end of MM.

Gattsu25

Banned

Vitet

Choppasmith said:
Same here. What I'm wondering is, how did they discover this? I guess someone was playing it, got up and took a break and came back.

I think so. That's how I discovered the Super Mario Bros hidden theme in the Special Stages of Super Mario World

Jasoco

Banned
Vitet said:
I think so. That's how I discovered the Super Mario Bros hidden theme in the Special Stages of Super Mario World
I remember when I discovered that. So cool. I was happy. I also remember my brother beating Mario RPG and discovering the tune hidden at the end of the credits on the The End screen.

You want a mind-blowing Nintendo secret? I'll give you a mind-blowing secret. Nintendo stole (or maybe they just got permission and we didn't know) sound effect straight from Godzilla.

Let me direct your attention to the Draygon battle video again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcemRrXqCbE#t=0m38s

Now listen to THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95a5tkzY-0#t=0m18s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBEtpfxHpy4#t=1m00s

Draygon's roar is 100% without a doubt Angillas's roar. It's not similar, it is his roar.

mclem

It's quite possible that it's a public domain sound that gets used in a lot of places, like the Wilhelm Scream. Actually, listening to it and the Wilhelm Scream itself, it might actually *be* the Wilhelm Scream with some modifiers on it, they do sound rather similar.

Yeah, lots of screeches and roars used in movies and games come from public domain stock recordings.

Some of them are still just modified animal calls or sounds made for nature reels like 60 years ago. That roar for Angilla and Dragyon is probably some kind of exotic bird call that got deepened or slowed down.

mclem said:
It's quite possible that it's a public domain sound that gets used in a lot of places, like the Wilhelm Scream. Actually, listening to it and the Wilhelm Scream itself, it might actually *be* the Wilhelm Scream with some modifiers on it, they do sound rather similar.

Did the Wilhelm Scream exist back in 1956? That's how old Angillas is. He's the very first Godzilla opponent in the very first sequel.

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/scifi_and_fantasy/watch/v19747845FjyQWyy5

Yeah, lots of screeches and roars used in movies and games come from public domain stock recordings.

Some of them are still just modified animal calls or sounds made for nature reels like 60 years ago. That roar for Angilla and Dragyon is probably some kind of exotic bird call that got deepened or slowed down.

That could be the case. I have no idea how they made Angillas's roar.

KevinCow

Banned
BraVeHeartGR said:
OMFG! I don't care if you already knew that, but that's two kinds of awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crx21K5uMIk

God I fucking hate when idiots on Youtube do this with their videos. The link MegaByte gave made the exact same point in 8 seconds, while that video takes 20 seconds to even get to a bit of gameplay, and nearly a minute before it even begins to make a point.

If your video starts with 20 seconds of nothing but text on a solid colored background, you're doing it wrong. Put that shit in the description. Or better yet, just fucking learn how to be concise.

Rambling about the idiocy of Youtube users aside, that is pretty neat

Top Bottom