• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Always thought it was some random red haired karate dude in the middle of a flying kick. Which makes no sense now that I look at it, since the pose would be extremely awkward

lordy88

apparently, if you screen-cap diablo's start up screen and use the bucket tool in paint on the area around diablo's head you reveal subliminal messages! :eek:

gubQx.jpg

Wow WTF. Just tried it out. Totally true.

Tunavi

Banned
Straight from /v/

wf6ivl.jpg

See their legs?
Legless pilots can handle more Gs than their legged bretherin. When gravity forces blood from the brain to lower extremities, it causes the pilot to black out. But if you have no legs to force blood to, more blood can stay in the brain, and it's easier for the heart to pump blood back to the brain.

Their legs were probably voluntarily amputated as these are all trained pilots. Their futuristic society allows for prosthetics that allows them to walk and run normally so there's no loss in performing these amputations.

my mind was blown, not sure if this is common knowledge or not

Myriadis

Yes, it is indeed true.

Also checked it in Starfox Adventures. You can't see it on Fox, because he wears normal shoes and long trousers over his mechanical feet, but Slippy clearly has mechanical feet.

MAtgS

Also checked it in Starfox Adventures. You can't see it on Fox, because he wears normal shoes and long trousers over his mechanical feet, but Slippy clearly has mechanical feet.
Slippyadventures.jpg

Looks like boots to me. This is probably only canon to SNES SF since SF64 has G-Diffusers in the arwings to reduce the amount of Gs on a pilot.

Platy

Straight from /v/

wf6ivl.jpg

See their legs?

This makes me sad

It's because they actually are hand puppets.

OfRZA.jpg

This makes me happy again

Legless pilots can handle more Gs than their legged bretherin. When gravity forces blood from the brain to lower extremities, it causes the pilot to black out. But if you have no legs to force blood to, more blood can stay in the brain, and it's easier for the heart to pump blood back to the brain.

...and this needs source

big_z

im suprised you guys didnt know the star fox team are amputees. maybe youre young. anyway i wish nintendo would go back to the awesome snes starfox team. seems like every new game they make them crappier instead.

really they have small metal feet because the team who made those puppets ran out of material, time and resources.

But to say it's to help them fly under more G I can get behind.

I thought the Morton Koopa Jr was in reference to Morton Downey Jr. I don't think they really thought it through that they it would imply that Bowsers name was actual Morton. Seems to be a music theme going on with most of the Koopa child.

Yeah. Morton Downey Jr. was still pretty big at the time when SMB 3 came out. His show was new and started the Jerry Springer-esque trashy talk show format.

FAKE EDIT: Looking it up, it appears that the koopalings were named after various music and talk show talents, with Morton being named after someone who was both. (I mean, Ludwig and Lemmy, duh. But otherwise...)

MDX

Straight from /v/

wf6ivl.jpg

See their legs?

Oh damn thats deep.

If Retro would revise this title, would they make it more dark?
Exploring the lengths people would go to defend their homeland?

rom13.jpg

im suprised you guys didnt know the star fox team are amputees. maybe youre young. anyway i wish nintendo would go back to the awesome snes starfox team. seems like every new game they make them crappier instead.

Well it isn't explicitly stated anywhere so it's pretty easy to miss.

Rapstah

They're also, phase-for-phase, copied into Oracle of Ages or Seasons if you link a completed save with the other game and beat it again. They're the last boss there. I imagine this is unknown to a lot of people since most didn't play the linked game.

Very simple Halo fact I noticed earlier today.
830px-ShowstopperMedal.png

This was the best picture I could find. While it's obvious that when you kill someone, it'll say "You killed X," and vice versa when you're killed, the HUD will actually differentiate between enemies killing allies and vice versa. When a teammate kills an enemy, it says "X killed Y," while when one of your teammates gets killed, it says "X was killed by Y." Just something minor I noticed.

Cheerilee

Mewtwo's tail color goes up his backside as well as his frontside. It's not simply a penis that protrudes from the front and then reaches backwards between his legs. It's more that the odd coloring or covering on his tail reaches up from behind and covers his crotch.

Or his tail's natural position is straight down.

BHK3

Banned
I can't find a picture of him, but in the character loading screens for Demon's Souls, Sage Freke's fingers are really, really, long. I never noticed it until a friend pointed it out to me, like, they're god damn long.

Top Bottom