• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
As game related as FedEx is, but... The Carrefour symbol is also interesting. Some people see an arrow, some people see a fish, but it's in fact a white "C".

awi_carrefour.gif

gdt

I have always found it interesting that Wind Waker Link is the only Link with any siblings, all the other one are orphans (practically, unless raised by uncles or grandma's, never parents). I wonder why they decided WW Link should be different.

Edit: BTW, can anyone else not access their private messages?

The Hermit

Alaluef said:
As game related as FedEx is, but... The Carrefour symbol is also interesting. Some peole see an arrow, some people see a fish, but it's in fact a white "C".

awi_carrefour.gif

Holy... considering this is a logo I'm used to see, instead of the fedex one, my mind is truly blown for not realizing it before.

Anyone who has ever played Lode Runner for the NES has no doubt noticed that the enemies in the game bare a striking reseblance to Bomerbman. This actually marked the first time Hudson used that design in any capacity.

In any case, when you finish Bomberman for NES, he turns into a human and becomes the main character from Lode Runner! Evidently, Bomberman was a prequel to Lode Runner, and the Runner and Bomberman ARE THE SAME CHARACTER~!!!

Here are some pictures from the ending:
bombman-1.gif
bombman-2.gif

The original Famicom Disk System version made it even more apparent:
bombfds-2.gif

Coolio McAwesome said:
Anyone who has ever played Lode Runner for the NES has no doubt noticed that the enemies in the game bare a striking reseblance to Bomerbman. This actually marked the first time Hudson used that design in any capacity.

In any case, when you finish Bomberman for NES, he turns into a human and becomes the main character from Lode Runner! Evidently, Bomberman was a prequel to Lode Runner, and the Runner and Bomberman ARE THE SAME CHARACTER~!!!

Here are some pictures from the ending:
bombman-1.gif
bombman-2.gif

The original Famicom Disk System version made it even more apparent:
bombfds-2.gif

Wow, I had no idea. That's crazy.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Finding out that this thing
SMWgoomba.gif

was supposed to be a goomba during the SMW credit sequence kinda blew my mind. Mushroom -> tomato, wha?

Also, Link's pink hair in LTTP was kinda vexing. I know there's color pallette limitations on sprites, but... that pink color wasn't used anywhere else in the sprite. There's no concievable reason they couldn't have used yellow or brown.
zelda.jpg

Shig said:
Also, Link's pink hair in LTTP was kinda vexing. I know there's color pallette limitations on sprites, but... that pink color wasn't used anywhere else in the sprite. There's no concievable reason they couldn't have used yellow or brown.

zelda.jpg

It was the early 90's dude.

Raist

Banned
Alaluef said:
As game related as FedEx is, but... The Carrefour symbol is also interesting. Some peole see an arrow, some people see a fish, but it's in fact a white "C".

awi_carrefour.gif

Oh shit, I never noticed that :lol

Dascu

Alaluef said:
As game related as FedEx is, but... The Carrefour symbol is also interesting. Some people see an arrow, some people see a fish, but it's in fact a white "C".

http://www.animationsvin.fr/sites/animvin/images/vin/logos/awi_carrefour.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
My art teacher pointed that out in class years ago. Since then, I can never unsee it.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
That Bomberman/Lode Runner thing is awesome.

Shig said:
Finding out that this thing
SMWgoomba.gif

was supposed to be a goomba during the SMW credit sequence kinda blew my mind. Mushroom -> tomato, wha?

zelda.jpg
I saw this pic and thought it was another hidden goatse thing.

+Aliken+

There are some disturbing "Marlboro" ones.

First
marloboro.jpg

you might be able to see a "K" Now there are 3 of these on the pack
"KKK"

Next
marloboro-1.jpg

If you read flip the packet and read "Marlboro" backwards you get "orobljew" or "orobl jew"

last
PhilipMorris_logo1.gif

This is the official Philip Morris logo.
This logo appears on the Marlboro pack but it is slightly different
Marlboro_logo.gif

Look in the middle of the horses legs

Odrion

Banned
Oh, and Wario's name isn't just a upsidedown M. In Japanese "Warui" means "bad".

edit: Shig is also Japanese for "dirty liar."

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Odrion said:
Oh, and Wario's name isn't just a upsidedown M. In Japanese "Wariu" means "bad".
No it doesn't. "Warui" does, which is the idea behind Waluigi's name (Waruigi).

+Aliken+

MGrant said:
Someone's going to have to explain both the marlboro one and the GnG one to me.

which part of the Marlboro one?
KKK for ku klux klan

In the middle of the legs you can notice a hooded person with his arm extended, like the Nazi salute.

Mario's tale:
NOA had to prepare the game for American release, which included naming the characters. As the story goes, they were mulling over what to name Jumpman when the landlord, Mario Segale, arrived at the warehouse, demanding the overdue rent payment. When he left, the staff had a new name for Jumpman: "Mario."

jaypah

Odrion said:
Mario got his name from one of Nintendo's staff (a lawyer?) who looked like him.

janitor/maintenance man i think. or landlord or some shit.

*edit-beaten, due to shitty free New Orleans wifi.

Alaluef said:

awi_carrefour.gif

I didnt think it could get worse than fedex :(

someone explain the marlboro things better...i dont get it, i cant see the "K"s and im not sure what im lookin for with the horses =/

edit: and i dont see the big deal with the Carrefour symbol...thats clearly how its designed, not like the FedEx one at all ... wtf else is the Carrefour thing supposed to be if its not a C?

JaseMath

+Aliken+ said:
There are some disturbing "Marlboro" ones.

First
marloboro.jpg

you might be able to see a "K" Now there are 3 of these on the pack
"KKK"

Next
marloboro-1.jpg

If you read flip the packet and read "Marlboro" backwards you get "orobljew" or "orobl jew"

last
PhilipMorris_logo1.gif

This is the official Philip Morris logo.
This logo appears on the Marlboro pack but it is slightly different
Marlboro_logo.gif

Look in the middle of the horses legs

Please explain to me how this is a videogame fact that'll blow my mind...?

Seriously, WTF...why would you even post this?

Nobiru said:
someone explain the marlboro things better...i dont get it, i cant see the "K"s and im not sure what im lookin for with the horses =/

I dont know about the K's. But just look in between the horses legs, each of them.. the white space that is outlined by the legs of each. it doesnt matter which horses legs you look at they both have it.

nny

oh snap, the thought that the Carrefour logo could make any sense never even crossed my mind. Just thought they were some fancy arrows. I guess it's the european / south american version of the Fedex arrow.

Minds have been blown, new people were scarred for life by goatse, great thread indeed.

There should be a "goatse in videogames" compendium of sorts.

Artanisix said:
Those marlboro things are really pushing it.
Yep. You stare at anything long enough you can find a "secret message" in them, whether it's a Snapple bottle or a dollar bill. Heck, I bet if you looked long enough at some Mario boxart you could find a secret message.

MindCollizion said:
I dont know about the K's. But just look in between the horses legs, each of them.. the white space that is outlined by the legs of each. it doesnt matter which horses legs you look at they both have it.

yeah, i still dont get it =/ ... the space between the legs doesnt look like anything to me.

jman2050 said:
One more

Miles Prower = Miles Per Hour

I am honestly still overwhelmed at how many people didn't catch this.

I remember when I first bought Sonic 2 and laughed as soon as I saw Miles "Tails" Prower. I then had to explain the pun to my brother. I have a hard time believing anybody who knew his full name didn't get the pun.

Top Bottom