• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame maps

Mudron

Hey folks - I've posted about these map prints of the NES/SNES-era worlds of Hyrule, Castlevania and The Mushroom Kingdom here before in the distant past, but I've just made them available again, and since a lot of people wanted me to post here if they ever became available again......well, here we are. I've only got a small batch of these on hand and I don't know when/if I'll be reprinting them again, but thanks to you guys for all your kind words about these prints.

zelda_map_overworld_small.jpg

zelda_3_temp1.jpg

mushroom_kingdom_shop.jpg

castlevania_color_whole.jpg

Last edited:

Mudron

These look cool. Shouldn't they say the size on the product page?

Damn, I can't believe I forgot to add that part - the product descriptions are fixed now, and thanks for the heads-up.

These are all 24 x 36-inch prints.

Reactions: jts

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Dude, these are fantastic!

Price is a bit steep for me - too bad, I’d gladly buy all of them!

But I‘m very tempted to buy one or two, the artwork is lovely and they must be incredible at full size!

Mudron

Dude, these are fantastic!

Price is a bit steep for me - too bad, I’d gladly buy all of them!

But I‘m very tempted to buy one or two, the artwork is lovely and they must be incredible at full size!

Thank you! I did my best to pack these maps with as much detail as possible while still making things legible.

The funny this is, as big as a 24x36 print can be (it's literally half the size of a refrigerator), it's hard to reduce larger world maps to that size while still making them readable - which is why I've never done a Super Metroid or Symphony of the Night map yet. Those worlds are big enough that I'd have to break each one into multiples 24x26 prints in order to capture everything AND still have everything be legible from a distance (I think at this scale, the Super Metroid world map is, like, the size of a large truck).

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Are these back up on your website or is it done for good? I bought the Mario and castlevania ones some time ago. They're now framed in my game room. Always get people gushing over them.

IXyLrL9.jpg

Mudron

Are these back up on your website or is it done for good? I bought the Mario and castlevania ones some time ago. They're now framed in my game room. Always get people gushing over them.

Holy crap, thanks for the photo - I'm always jazzed to see these maps hanging up in peoples' gaming dens.

Anyway, yep! I'm slowly making the move to a print-on-demand service, but I'm selling through the last of my stock of game map prints that I have on hand - they're available here, and I ship prints at the end of every week: https://mudron.bigcartel.com/category/gaming-maps

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Holy crap, thanks for the photo - I'm always jazzed to see these maps hanging up in peoples' gaming dens.

Anyway, yep! I'm slowly making the move to a print-on-demand service, but I'm selling through the last of my stock of game map prints that I have on hand - they're available here, and I ship prints at the end of every week: https://mudron.bigcartel.com/category/gaming-maps

I'm thinking about one of the zelda ones but a long long time ago you were looking for suggestions and I mentioned suikoden 2. It may have been on this forum I dont recall. Are you able to take requests? Or is that something you're still considering? I'd love a poster with the 108 stars of destiny from suikoden 2.

A lot has changed in my game room but those posters are still there 👍

Last edited:

Mudron

Are you able to take requests?

I am *always* up for more ideas - I've never played the Suikoden games, but I'm keen on making a Link's Awakening map after having just played the Switch remake, and I still need to figure out how to make either a Symphony of the Night or Super Metroid map print that wouldn't be the size of a 2-story building (I started doing the math on both of those years back and realized that if I drew a SOTN roughly to scale with the NES Castlevania map I did, that map would be, like, 12 feet tall by 18 feet wide or something).

StormCell

Wow, these are just amazing.

It might be another 6 months, but these just went on my wish list. Sadly, it'll have to be my birthday before I I could likely get one. Please, don't stop selling these if at all possible. Just learned about them today.

Top Bottom