• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame stores in Bangkok and Hong Kong

callous

I'll be visiting both places during the next couple of months and I'd like some tips on which are must-visit markets, shops, malls, stalls etc for all things videogames.

I'll probably be in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore too, so throw those in if you know some good places.

Thanks! (hopefully)

Stryder

Pantip Plaza in Bangkok is the place for all things computer and video game related, it is more hardware oriented than towards games but it may have changed in recent times.

Also, not all software you see available there will be legitimate.

cuccoo

i'll be in singapore next week. havent been there for years... i'm guessing its the usual place for legit games. but for pirated stuff, i wont expect much. last time i was there (2000), they were cleaning up, raiding tons of places. Not sure if the pirates are back again.

even if you want pirated stuff, you shouldnt buy it in singapore because they are the most expensive place to buy out of all the places you are going to visit.

sasimirobot

If you can find "Sapan Lek" in Bangkok go for it! Highly Highly recomended!!
Great place for finding any old game/systems/acces. and selling and buying used and new games.There is only 1 or 2 shops that deal in GameCube and Xbox though, but they also buy and sell used/new. They are friendly and knowledgable lot seeing as NOBODY in Thailand but the hardcore is interested in these systems.

If you are willing to pay a little mark up for imported Cube games go to MBK shopping center, 5/6 floor? (I forget). They should have most new titles but no used.

The Xbox/PS2 games at MBK may be hidden or closed up depending on the Police raid situation (yes they are fake, dont pay more than 3$US for any PS2 or Xbox game in Thailand, no matter what they say...)

callous

Thanks a lot, sas. Most helpful :)

I've been to MBK, which was decent, but Sapan Lek sounds like it'll be one of my first stops this time. Any hints on what part of town it's in? I can't seem to find it online. I know how to get around in Bangkok, so just some broad guidelines would be perfect.

Edit: Ok, found out that it's in Chinatown, so I should be able to find it from there by interacting with the locals.

Top Bottom