• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

videogamedunkey posts a video on "The Fall of Xbox"

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I bought an XB1 because I buy everything, I've owned all Xboxes (three 360s lol). That being said I can't think of one compelling game on the XB this gen, nothing that stands out as a generation defining experience. It's a fine console, but unless you are just a Gears/Forza/Halo person it is just a multiplatform machine. Gamepass is a good deal if you like other people picking your games and having them go away without warning, I guess I got to play Crackdown 3 and Gears 5 without paying $60 each?

Gamernyc78

Banned
Seriously I cant understand how ppl even try to compare the gameplay or controls. Gears is so static and basic but in Uncharted there's transversal, zip lining, climbing big structures, etc wayyy more dynamic then hiding behind a lil ledge u may or may not be able to vault over.

I agree 1000

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Uncharted 4 was also more open than prior entries, the most open entry! It used that level of open design to create some of the best battlefields in the series, especially on Crushing difficulty where you'd be forced to use everything the area gave you to use. The combination of verticality/platforming and stealth/melee in with gun fights made for a fluid action game that often would feel like a movie set piece without even doing scripted events. It was the perfection of their formula and for me was only let down by the story near the end and a lame final boss fight. Gears 5, to me, just feels like more Gears. The open stuff is neat but I don't feel like it's exploited all that well. It no longer is as action-heavy either, being littered with cut-scenes and walking while talking sections, more like an Uncharted game in fact but the problem is the dialogue and story are markedly worse and riddled with cliches. It also isn't nearly as well paced.
well, ive always preferred Uncharted over GeOW, even back when it was a simple shooter in the Drake Fortune days. The mobility is a large part of it.

But U4 even on Normal was way too frustrating. Enemies had magic aim and they never missed. I swear i spent the entire time playing in black and white because i would get hit as soon as i left cover and started jumping around to flank or get away like i normally do in Uncharted games. never even tried beating it on Crushing. But did play lost legacy on crushing and liked it a lot more. they did a great job setting up the combat arenas but the laser aim of enemies discouraged any of those fluid fights you are talking about. i played it multiple times and it was the same issue every time even on the easiest difficulty.

its still better than gears 5, but it doesnt mean Gears 5 didnt evolve which is what ive been trying to say this entire time. Both in terms of gadgets available to you, and in terms of enemy design and encounters. coming from hating Gears 4, its been a breath of fresh air.

i do wish gears was a bit more open and vertical like Uncharted.

meirl

Banned
He should have said „destroy Xbox“. Like this crappy „destroy cdu“ video.

What a bullshit video. That’s why I hate YouTube.

I thinks its werd people bash xbox when they do so many pro consumer things but Nintendo does the opposite and get applauded. They sucked this gen but 360 had better games. Multiplats ran better and live was better. With all the studios they bought that makr aingle player games and rpgs and all the play anywhere stuff plus gamepass they have everythimg I need as a dad who travels for work. Play great games on laptop or tablet and abd on Scarlett. Its funny to see the damage control being done by Sony fan boys now that Sony has. A gamepass when they said it was deatroying the industry when xbox did. It

You may think it is bullshit but numbers clearly tell a lot of people do share his sentiment; otherwise there wouldnt be such a gap between ps4 and xboxone.

Last edited:
I thinks its werd people bash xbox when they do so many pro consumer things but Nintendo does the opposite and get applauded. They sucked this gen but 360 had better games. Multiplats ran better and live was better. With all the studios they bought that makr aingle player games and rpgs and all the play anywhere stuff plus gamepass they have everythimg I need as a dad who travels for work. Play great games on laptop or tablet and abd on Scarlett. Its funny to see the damage control being done by Sony fan boys now that Sony has. A gamepass when they said it was deatroying the industry when xbox did. It

PSNow existed before GamePass, they simply lowered the price and added more prestige games to it. Microsoft has recently been more pro-consumer but they were the original anti-consumer force in the console market as has been discussed ad nauseam in other threads but it's beyond argument since they introduced the first MTX and it was actually their idea, specifically in games like Kameo and PGR 3. Nevermind that this isn't about their pro-consumer tendencies but about how they aren't selling themselves on games, never mind that something like GamePass feels like an admittance they aren't even trying to win the console war any more.

Top Bottom