• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VideoGameDunkey Reviews Kingdom Hearts 3

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
This thread has it all:

- “it’s SO SAD AND PATHETIC that you care about someone else’s opinion! (never mind the irony that I cared enough about your opinion that I felt the need to post this)”

- “what’s the point, you aren’t going to change someone’s opinion” [continues to argue against reviewer’s opinion]

- “I’m going to bow out.” [continues posting because they can’t stand it that someone else dares to criticize this masterpiece]

- “Super Mario Brothers has a bad story, so by his logic it must be a bad game!!!!”

I love it. I’ve followed the JRPG community since the mid 90s. Making fun of bad shounen anime-style storytelling is a sure fire way to bring out the loonies.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
People grew up inbetween both games, an adult mindset isn't going to be patient and lenient towards the nonsense in KH. I love everyone who is woke to how bad it is but still enjoys it.

lock2k

Banned
Sounds like the way I used to write in 3rd grade. I imagine this is intentional fan service. They know their market and cater to it. No grown adult could create something this bad by accident.

I saw my cousing playing it yesterday and good god, Mickey sounded retarded as fuck.

And I watch a lot of Mickey cartoons daily with my daughter. Something was off with he speech, like he was on adderall or some shit.

shark sandwich

People grew up inbetween both games, an adult mindset isn't going to be patient and lenient towards the nonsense in KH. I love everyone who is woke to how bad it is but still enjoys it.
That’s me. If you like JRPGs, there are going to be times where you just have to hold your nose and power through the cringe.

But there is something fun about mocking and ridiculing it. And something mildly annoying/embarrassing about grown adults trying to convince you that it’s actually good, or even just par for the course.

hecatomb

Banned
Were you bullied at school a lot?
Dunkey has over 5mill subs, and yes, he is quite well known among the youtube gaming crowd.
Man you act like such a child, "Waaa, you don't like my loser game reviewer waaaa." Dude grow the fuck up, I don't give a shit about him or what he thinks, doesn't matter how many subs he has, doesn't mean jack shit to me. I swear you sound like such a cry baby loser. I believe in a saying called if everyone jumps off a cliff should you? It means you think for your self, and not follow everyone else like a lemming.

Last edited:

shark sandwich

This thread has it all:

- “it’s SO SAD AND PATHETIC that you care about someone else’s opinion! (never mind the irony that I cared enough about your opinion that I felt the need to post this)”

- “what’s the point, you aren’t going to change someone’s opinion” [continues to argue against reviewer’s opinion]

- “I’m going to bow out.” [continues posting because they can’t stand it that someone else dares to criticize this masterpiece]

- “Super Mario Brothers has a bad story, so by his logic it must be a bad game!!!!”

I love it. I’ve followed the JRPG community since the mid 90s. Making fun of bad shounen anime-style storytelling is a sure fire way to bring out the loonies.
Almost forgot my favorite one:

- “everybody knows it has a bad story, it’s such a cheap shot to make fun of it!!” (akin to mocking a retarded person)

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Man you act like such a child, "Waaa, you don't like my loser game reviewer waaaa." Dude grow the fuck up, I don't give a shit about him or what he thinks, doesn't matter how many subs he has, doesn't mean jack shit to me. I swear you sound like such a cry baby loser. I believe in a saying called if everyone jumps off a cliff should you? It means you think for your self, and not follow everyone else like a lemming.

Let's go on and deescalate there, Hoss. You described Dunkey as a no name reviewer that no one cares about, and he noted that Dunkey has 5 million subscribers and is well known. You're free to think for yourself and be a special snowflake who jumps off cliffs of your own volition, but that wasn't the point you were attempting to make in your previous post.

hecatomb

Banned
Let's go on and deescalate there, Hoss. You described Dunkey as a no name reviewer that no one cares about, and he noted that Dunkey has 5 million subscribers and is well known. You're free to think for yourself and be a special snowflake who jumps off cliffs of your own volition, but that wasn't the point you were attempting to make in your previous post.
theres a ton of youtubers that have millions of subs, that doesn't make them anything special, they are still people, who still eat, drink, and shit like everyone else. Maybe some people here worship other youtubers like they are some kind of gods, but I'm not going to join. Id rather think for my self. It also doesn't matter what he thinks, cause people are still going to buy kingdom hearts 3, and people are still going to like it. Also if he wants to keep insulting me, then I'm going to keep insulting him. Theres also a lot of people who don't follow youtube, not everyone in the world pays attention to youtubers.

If everyone only cared about what youtubers think, we would have a bunch of mindless gamers who can't think for themselves.

Last edited:

shark sandwich

I personally agree though.
Notice how none of the Kingdom Hearts fans are saying something like “I disagree with that opinion and here’s why....”

All they do is start calling names like “sad and pathetic” and play the victim card.

They’re not interested in discussing the merits of the game or the reviews of it. Just in trying to silence criticism however they can.

Shifty

Notice how none of the Kingdom Hearts fans are saying something like “I disagree with that opinion and here’s why....”

All they do is start calling names like “sad and pathetic” and play the victim card.

They’re not interested in discussing the merits of the game or the reviews of it. Just in trying to silence criticism however they can.
Generally speaking that's a handy way to tell when someone is offended because you dislike the thing they like, versus when they consider your opinion to be provably lazy and poorly-reasoned.

I got in at the ground floor with Kingdom Hearts and was thoroughly enthralled by its feelsy shonen presentation as a teen, but there comes a point where you have to be able to recognize its flaws and laugh at them while still being able to enjoy the series on its own terms.

Last edited:

danielberg

Neophyte

I disagree with his attempt at only focusing at the story because he didnt like it and handwaving away the rest its basically "i didnt like the story so if i focus entirely on it in my "review" i can give it a 1/5 rating it lower than anyone else in the entire industry and i have my clicks and controversy lolol". Its lazy dishonest and done for attention and nothing else.
And its not the first time he does something like this either he straight up lied in his octopath review for attention and clicks, he is bascially the prototype "making funny voices for babies" youtuber and now everyone copies his stick but thats no reason to be a clickbait and controversy chaser to stay relevant.

Last edited:

The Snake

KH3 was my first KH game. As an outsider without fan goggles on, it was a shitshow of a game. Nonsensical story, dumb RPG cliche chars mixed with Disney in a way that made no sense. I forced myself through 4 hours and then put it on eBay.

12th game in a series with a famously complex storyline--not sure what you were expecting to find in it as your first entry.

Last edited:
there isn't much to discuss on the criticism, To easy you can play the game however you want.. you can strip yourself of XP you can avoid leveling your keyblades...
Story sucks? well you can use the skip button to ignore the story entirely. and it works as intended.
Boss battles sucks - yes i agree there the boss battles are a huge let down coming from KH 2. and even KH 1. (This criticisme wasn't even mentioned in the review)
The keyblade forms animations can be turned off so you only have to wait on the finisher moves. ( that was not even mentioned in the review either)
but i mean yes i acknowledge that people are offended this product makes some people smile and are happy to play it for what it is.
I also easily gets offended when people enjoy the tragedy of a modern video game aka Tomb Raider Reboot we are clearly living in the worst timeline when stuff like that gets created... In anycase i am not shouting out towards others peoples enjoyment i state my piece and doesn't go further than that. So hopefully others will do the same here..
I laughed at the Dunkview of Kingdom Hearts 3 he does what he does best... but he is also playing it safe.. what i mean is. its incredible easy to criticise something like KH plot and criticise donald and goofy interactions in regards to ingrediences and lucky emblems. but i really don't care i enjoyed playing and will enjoy for the future playing it again. perhaps even more now that i can just skip the cutscenes and go directly from gameplay piece to gameplay piece without interruptions

Last edited:

Helios

I laughed at the Dunkview of Kingdom Hearts 3 he does what he does best... but he is also playing it safe.. what i mean is. its incredible easy to criticise something like KH plot and criticise donald and goofy interactions in regards to ingrediences and lucky emblems. but i really don't care i enjoyed playing and will enjoy for the future playing it again. perhaps even more now that i can just skip the cutscenes and go directly from gameplay piece to gameplay piece without interruptions
Pretty much this. He's playing a persona, people on both sides need to stop taking people like him so seriously. No, the game is not 1/5 - people shouldn't be so aggressive about the game and shit on it just because he picked some funny lines. At the same time, those lines are pretty funny especially when taken out of context, people need to be less defensive about it.

Pejo

The part about Donald incessantly talking about looking for resources had me cracking up. A+ Dunkey stuff right here.

OldGamer

The real question: Is the plot/script better than Re:Coded?

Because as far as KH scripts go, that is the low bar in my opinion that every other game should clear.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Dunkey has over 5mill subs
C5-TqMsVAAIyr7y.jpg

yqab1cjjdu701.jpg

I can see why.

evanft

Hot take: Kingdom Hearts has never been good. The story has always been terrible, the gameplay shallow and repetitive, and the dialogue has been consistently cringe-worthy.

Top Bottom