• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Viewtiful Joe inspired Invincible Knight announced for PS3 (PSN)

Vinterbird said:
It seems like the biggest no brainer to do a Viewtiful Trilogy with re-releases of 1 and 2, and a brand new 3 for PSN/XBLA.

And what about all the GC fans of the series who got a Wii? Tough tits?

Steroyd

I won't lie, my eyes had a filter on and only saw the words "Viewtiful" "Joe" & "PSN".

One to keep my eye out for still.

i really like the art style for the game. it looks like there are a bunch of different lances you can unlock. i bet they all do something cool.

Takao said:
Published by Sony Computer Entertainment Taiwan and developyed by Keystone Games with PhyreEngine , the game will apparently be in both English, and Chinese, so yay Asian releases:

Siliconera's got the full story. They're hoping for a summer release, but it could fall into winter.

If you didn't do that on purpose...

Also, strange that they are saying that if they miss a date in the summer it could slip 3 months. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Funny enough I tried to play Viewtiful Joe the other day and boy did I suck.

I guess jumping into the last level after a 6 year hiatus will do that.

Zoramon089 said:
Isn't that kind of like decrying Capcom not putting out MML3 on a Sony system?

But that's all beside the point. This game sounds pretty cool and I will definitely keep my eyes on it.

Speevy

Banned
You know, none of our downloadable console 2D actioners measure up to Viewtiful Joe.

Let's just release friggin' Viewitiful Joe on one of the services.

Speevy said:
You know, none of our downloadable console 2D actioners measure up to Viewtiful Joe.

Let's just release friggin' Viewitiful Joe on one of the services.
Sorry, that requires Capcom to not be stupid and lazy.

Ezalc

This in no way reminds me of Viewtiful Joe, and only angers me that shitcom will never make the third game and even if they do it'll probably suck ass. I have to see a video of it in action because it doesn't look impressive right now.

Haunted

Looks more like Dynasty Warriors 2D meets Canabalt than Viewtiful Joe to me.

Doesn't mean I don't like what I'm seeing, though! :D

Ezalc said:
...shitcom will never make the third game
lPl4N.jpg

baylon452

Neo Member
Vinterbird said:
It seems like the biggest no brainer to do a Viewtiful Trilogy with re-releases of 1 and 2, and a brand new 3 for PSN/XBLA.

Would throw my money at them for this. Why don't they want my money!

Like Clover Studio’s title, Invincible Knight uses 3D graphics, but it is essentially a side-scroller.

looool fantastic insight. Influence is basically game of roughly similar genres + polygons.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
The Lamp said:
Aw shucks, I read this as "Viewtiful Joe inspired by something something announced for PS3 (PSN)" and almost had a heart attack.

This game looks pretty neat, though. The artwork's cool.
I would've guessed Robot Unicorn Attack over Viewtiful Joe.

SykoTech

Zoramon089 said:

Not like Capcom hasn't done that before (Resident Evil 5).

Anyways, the game definitely has the artstyle of Viewtiful Joe down. Goona wait and see if the gameplay looks just as addicting before getting too excited, but I'll keep my eyes on it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Jive Turkey said:
Hmm...I was hoping the "Viewtiful Joe inspiration" was going to be more in the form of gameplay mechanics and not simply 3D models on a 2D plain. I'll keep an eye on it anyway.

Pretty much my thoughts after reading the OP

Hopefully it'll be a fun surprise when it drops

Draft said:
Looks nothing like Viewtiful Joe...
I didn't think it did either for the most part lol. I mean, it seems to have the same "miniature" designed character style and colorful palette , but that isn't really something I would classify Joe's look by entirely. Perhaps it will look more like it in motion and the way things interact with you in the background...

CamHostage

NEARLY ONE YEAR LATER

We have a trailer.

It sure as hell ain't Viewtiful Joe, but it looks cool nevertheless. Thanks for keeping up with it and passing this along!

By the way, I'm curious to see what happens with Keystone's other console project, Cold Energy. Probably nothing (I'm used to vapor trails in Asian game development following) but if it ships it could be interesting. They had a Cold Energy trailer mix go up in December.

(COLD ENERGY SHOT)

Top Bottom