• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Viewtiful Joe is it time for a comeback?

Aug 31, 2016
Canada,Gatineau
Last edited:

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020
nod yes GIF by Captain Obvious

Winchester

Jul 15, 2017
The endings for the first and second game both made reference to a trilogy and the second game left on a cliffhanger so I've always been salty they never completed the trilogy. Would love to see them actually finish it. The VJ games were some of my favorite games. I thought for sure when they added Joe to MvC3 way back when, they were prepping something for him.

Reactions: VeganElduderino

Keihart

Jun 23, 2013
I would prefer they let it rest, why even bother without Clover/little devils/ Platinum ? Itsuno an his team are probably already busy and they would be the only qualified ones in Capcom if i had to guess.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020
Kamiya has Wonderful 101 DLC, that Kaiju game, Bayonetta 3, Babylon Falls, etc. I doubt it. If anything, we'd get ports, and those sales will determine if a third Viewtiful Joe would even be a consideration.

Impotaku

Jul 26, 2014
Leeds / UK
There already was a 3rd VJ game for gamecube i own all 3, it plays like a smash bros type of game compared to the first 2. Technically there's actually 4 VJ games as there was an excellent DS game too.

Shift!

Jul 27, 2012
The game came out when American cinema was very popular. Independent or classic film was very unpopular, and counter-culture fans flocked to the scene like birds. I think they even have that music video at the end with Joe performing against the rockband's backdrop. It would be kind of funny watching everyone fly to the "movies," now because of how few people still go, especially when there are major films barely pushing a couple billion dollars.

Kokoloko85

Sep 26, 2019
Yes please. HD collection plus a sequel.

Capcom should also just bring back other classics like Onimusha and Dino Crisis