• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Viewtiful Joe is it time for a comeback?

Last edited:
nod yes GIF by Captain Obvious

Winchester

The endings for the first and second game both made reference to a trilogy and the second game left on a cliffhanger so I've always been salty they never completed the trilogy. Would love to see them actually finish it. The VJ games were some of my favorite games. I thought for sure when they added Joe to MvC3 way back when, they were prepping something for him.

Keihart

I would prefer they let it rest, why even bother without Clover/little devils/ Platinum ? Itsuno an his team are probably already busy and they would be the only qualified ones in Capcom if i had to guess.

Last edited:
Kamiya has Wonderful 101 DLC, that Kaiju game, Bayonetta 3, Babylon Falls, etc. I doubt it. If anything, we'd get ports, and those sales will determine if a third Viewtiful Joe would even be a consideration.

Impotaku

There already was a 3rd VJ game for gamecube i own all 3, it plays like a smash bros type of game compared to the first 2. Technically there's actually 4 VJ games as there was an excellent DS game too.

Shift!

The game came out when American cinema was very popular. Independent or classic film was very unpopular, and counter-culture fans flocked to the scene like birds. I think they even have that music video at the end with Joe performing against the rockband's backdrop. It would be kind of funny watching everyone fly to the "movies," now because of how few people still go, especially when there are major films barely pushing a couple billion dollars.

Kokoloko85

Yes please. HD collection plus a sequel.

Capcom should also just bring back other classics like Onimusha and Dino Crisis

Banned

welp, now I just need to hope that Retroarch doesn't have any issues emulating it xD but I got 2 tries at least since I can try the Dolphin core or the PCSX2 core

worst case scenario I have to load it onto my Wii U and play it at 480p... but on the GamePad that actually looks pretty good

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
A 4k 120fps remaster would be so cheap to do, why not just release that to test the waters for demand for a VJ3.

I don't have a next gen Xbox or PS yet but a VJ remaster or sequel would have me buying one in a heartbeat. It would be the epitome of a system seller for me. I would go out and buy a new TV too. I'm dead serious. I can't even express just how much I fucking love this game. The combo system was so deliciously perfect. The way each animation frame blended seamlessly into another. The way each new move could be chained in any number of ways. The way it all combined with the slo-mo system to create this perfect storm of sexy-man violence. Fuck me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom