• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vigil Games: WiiU is "more powerful" than PS3/360; Darksiders II WiiU hints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckyman

Banned
Shin Johnpv said:
They're not coming out 2 years after the Wii U. MAYBE, maybe one of them will wait that long, but I doubt it. They're going to launch in 2013 at the latest. It would be incredibly dumb for them to give Wii U a 2 year head start. Hell the PS3 gave the 360 a year head start and isn't it still trying to make up the difference of units. So they're going to need to finalize the chips their using next year. It doesn't give them a lot of time to shrink down some GPU beast. Which hasn't even been the case of where GPU tech is going. Like others have already posted, GPUs keep getting bigger and bigger, you're not seeing GPU tech getting smaller and cooler running.

Stick 28nm, Ati and Nvidia to Google and see what pops up.

Daschysta said:
If games actually utilize the new hardware of wii-u they should be noticeably better graphically.

If 3rd parties simply make straight ports of their games they'll be overshadowed by exclusives tapping the hardware and nintendo's own games. It's in their own interest to make wiiu the lead console and downport games or else their cutting off what could potentially be 1/3 of the market. I doubt publishers are keen to miss out on free money for two generations straight.

I agree, and I think this will be the main trend in the next few years.

What I cannot get my head round is people claiming to Sony that they need a new console, and are willing to pay another 500/600 dollars cause WiiU games looks slightly better.

TheExodu5 said:
That's my worry. If the hardware remains powerful enough to run those tech demos, then we're in for a treat...but who's to say that those demos were running on anything other than a high-spec PC at this point?
They were streaming to the tablet and were interactive
To quote JetJevons, who played and recorded the vid:
"It is definitely real time. Analog nub controlled camera on screen, Wii U tablet acted as a virtual window into environment. It really is stunning looking."

Daschysta

DisenLedZep said:
I agree, and I think this will be the main trend in the next few years.

What I cannot get my head round is people claiming to Sony that they need a new console, and are willing to pay another 500/600 dollars cause WiiU games looks slightly better.

Sony would be wise not to listen to those idiots, nintendo has released a console a half gen leap up with perfect timing, it's not SO strong that theres pressure to rush next gen, whcih could be a financial disaster for sony who is already taking a big loss on the Vita, but it's strong enoguh to be the lead console for a decent amount of time and warrant enough development of engines to where it can't be abandoned when the other two do finally release.

lightless_shado said:
That's assuming that next generation sony and microsoft consoles have a huge upgrade. If they've learned anything from nintendo's dominance this gen its that you don't need a huge power boost to guarantee sales.

You're right, they just need Nintendo games, which they still don't have.

Daschysta said:
Sony would be wise not to listen to those idiots, nintendo has released a console a half gen leap up with perfect timing, it's not SO strong that theres pressure to rush next gen, whcih could be a financial disaster for sony who is already taking a big loss on the Vita, but it's strong enoguh to be the lead console for a decent amount of time and warrant enough development of engines to where it can't be abandoned when the other two do finally release.

We don't know how big of a leap the Wii U is. People really need to stop making shit up.

Of course its more powerful. I'm certain it will have the 2nd best looking version of Battlefield 3 as well

I certainly hope so. I've been advocating a 'Battlefield 3 Complete' with the original game and all the DLC. It should run at 720p @ 60fps with more DX10/11 effects than the HD console versions.

Believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom