Virginia Govonor Ralph Northam (Democrat) yearbook page shows men in blackface and KKK robe

Oct 24, 2017
Theres no way he survives this. Can you imagine the Democrats having to defend this guy not resigning while virtue signalling the next Kavanaugh/whoever? Even they cant survive that kind of hypocrisy.

pimentel1

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2018
When reading from his prepared statement, Northam had no problem recollecting blackfacing at a contest. Minutes later while taking questions, “What’s his name again?” “Michael Jackson.”

Completely fabricated story that in itself is racist and shows he has no understanding of how dumb he is.

Then the guy is asked if he can moonwalk. Northam’s eyes bulge and he turns to his advisor (I think his wife) for help. Like he can’t make that decision himself?

Oct 1, 2006
When reading from his prepared statement, Northam had no problem recollecting blackfacing at a contest. Minutes later while taking questions, “What’s his name again?” “Michael Jackson.”

Completely fabricated story that in itself is racist and shows he has no understanding of how dumb he is.

Then the guy is asked if he can moonwalk. Northam’s eyes bulge and he turns to his advisor (I think his wife) for help. Like he can’t make that decision himself?
You don't understand. He went through therapy to help him learn not to spontaneously moonwalk, and his wife has to reinforce the conditioning from time to time. It's a real conditions - there are dozens of people with MJMS - Michael Jackson Mimicry Syndrome.

Thankfully, once MJ turned white he also stopped spontaneously whipping out the blackface.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

One really creepy thing I do is just repeatedly shit on GAF while sarcastically calling it a "top tier gaming forum" so feel free to report me if I keep doing this.
Feb 21, 2016
It’s crazy that these types of people are in positions of power

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2010
This dude seemingly has less outrage and meltdowns towards him than a Maga hat 16 year old. Espeically on here.

:pie_roffles:

I wonder if his party affiliation has anything to do with.

:pie_thinking:
Maybe in your neck of the woods, but a lot of people are extremely angry at him and the Democratic party right now.

Dec 3, 2013
Maybe in your neck of the woods, but a lot of people are extremely angry at him and the Democratic party right now.
CNN and other mainstream media are not expressing it in the same way they did for a 16yo wearing a Maga cap, nor is anybody going HAM and making this thread over a thousand post long with the quickness like they did for a 16 year old in a smirk, or even Kavanaugh.

Most of the outraged, are staying pretty damn quiet right now.

Hell, CNN is making excuses for him and calling him a Republican a few days ago, LOL.

:pie_invert:

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
CNN and other mainstream media are not expressing it in the same way they did for a 16yo wearing a Maga cap, nor is anybody going HAM and making this thread over a thousand post long with the quickness like they did for a 16 year old in a smirk, or even Kavanaugh.

Hell, CNN is making excuses for him and calling him a Republican a few days ago, LOL.

They haven't made that mistake since it first aired... This talking point is getting tiresome now (the CNN thing)

That said... Unlike either side who wants him to resign (yes, Democrats on TV have called for his resignation) I think people need to look at the person he is now and not who he was back then. We all grow ... Especially over the course of 25+ years.

If folks in THE KKK, neonazis, skinheads can change (and I've seen it happen), then this guy can, too.

I'm tired of outrage culture. Kavanaugh is on the supreme Court... And those two cases (kav and this gov) are two different things.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec

"Some of the biggest champions for black people in America's past have been white politicians who were racists."

"Some of our best friends were racist"

"We expect racism from many white people. Even among liberals."

"That's why we're sometimes able to accept a political leader caught being racist. And I'm not just talking an abstract acceptance of politicians from another era like Lincoln or Johnson. I'm talking about contemporary politics."

"If black people only worked with white allies free of any racism, bias or past mistakes, we would be alone."

All from one CNN "analysis."

This is an apple. The apple is rotting from within, but when all your mainstream news sources are losing credibility you can trust us to put on the facade of respectable journalism the same way this rotten apple wears its healthy skin.

Aug 29, 2010

And the dozens of times Fox has done this?

CNN isn't making excuses for him. The post isn't as long because most people agree he has to go.

Dec 3, 2013
And the dozens of times Fox has done this?

CNN isn't making excuses for him. The post isn't as long because most people agree he has to go.
Whataboutism, I don't watch Fox News either. All mainstream media is driven bullshit based on partisan ideology.

But if you look at the post above yours just now, they have been making plenty of excuses for him, LOL.

I can guarantee you if you was a Republican, like CNN "accidentally (my ass)" said he was several days ago, those same excuses would not be made by the Clinton News Network.

Aug 29, 2010
Whataboutism, I don't watch Fox News either. All mainstream media is driven bullshit based on partisan ideology.

But if you look at the post above yours just now, they have been making plenty of excuses for him, LOL.

I can guarantee you if you was a Republican, like CNN "accidentally (my ass)" said he was several days ago, those same excuses would not be made by the Clinton News Network.
I read that article. It was a little more nuanced than "they're making excuses for him."

Dec 3, 2013
I read that article. It was a little more nuanced than "they're making excuses for him."
The same nuance would not have been applied if it wefe a different partisan candidate. One which they purposely mislabeled less than a week ago, lol.

Imagine if this were Trump's yearbook, oh the meltdowns.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
This dude seemingly has less outrage and meltdowns towards him than a Maga hat 16 year old. Espeically on here.

:pie_roffles:

I wonder if his party affiliation has anything to do with.

:pie_thinking:
It’s amazing how often this applies to right wing threads on here, though.

I guess it’s all pointless. We are forever locked in the whatabout/deflect cycle

Aug 29, 2010
The same nuance would not have been applied if it wefe a different partisan candidate. One which they purposely mislabeled less than a week ago, lol.

Imagine if this were Trump's yearbook, oh the meltdowns.
Okay, let's make it really simple. The point of the article was to say "here are examples of bigots or people who have done racist things who have paradoxically advanced the cause of minorities anyway." The article was not an attempt to make a statement beyond that. And you could never write such an article about Donald Trump.

Both sides are calling for Northam to resign. If he were a Republican, only the Democrats would be. Conservatives would be citing "outrage culture", "it's just a joke, lighten up", and "how dare you be offended, you have no right" ... actually, I'm seeing some of those arguments here on this forum.

They literally are. "It's okay that he's racist. All white people are racist."
Not even close. Though once again, being called a racist is worse than actually experiencing it, I get it lol.

Sep 1, 2017
Now the Lieutenant Governor is facing heat!

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax denies sexual assault claim, amid political storm

The blog, in the post that prompted Fairfax's denial, claimed that a fellow at Stanford University said a man sexually assaulted her at the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston, Mass.
“Imagine you were sexually assaulted during the DNC Convention in Boston in 2004 by a campaign staffer. You spend the next 13 years trying to forget it ever happened. Until one day you find out he’s the Democratic candidate for statewide office in a state some 3000 miles away, and he wins that election in November 2017,” a post from the reported accuser said, according to the blog. “Then, by strange, horrible luck, it seems increasingly likely that he’ll get a VERY BIG promotion.”
She did not name Fairfax, but the report implied she was referring to the lieutenant governor, who then responded to it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vi...exual-assault-allegation-amid-political-storm

Is the game to put your successor on blast too!?

Aug 21, 2018
The thing is, he "was" a racist. Is he still a racist currently and is there any evidence that being a racist is a deterrence of him governing?

As much as I dislike Democrat, there is zero reason to him to resign.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018
If he just wouldn't have been pushing the killing of babies in the 3rd trimester he would be sitting pretty and no one would know about his blackface/KKK coonman ass.

But he flew to close to the sun and pushed the boundaries too far. Should of kept his mouth shut.

said in the other thread though, his past shouldn't chase him and if he has changed then fine. If not then kick him out.

Vade

Dec 28, 2012
A serious question; how bad was the republican opponent's team if they were not able to find something so obvious when Ralph Northam's entire campaign was "that guy he is a racist I don't have any better policies or really anything, but he is a racist vote D".

Last edited:
May 9, 2016
I live in Virginia and I voted for Northam.

He pledged to decriminalize marijuana. That’s reason enough for me to continue supporting him. Also he based that pledge in part on trying to correct the racial disparity in drug related prosecutions.

Dec 18, 2018
A serious question; how bad was the republican opponent's team if they were not able to find something so obvious when Ralph Northam's entire campaign was "that guy he is a racist I don't have any better policies or really anything, but he is a racist vote D".

The mainstream Republican party is nothing but controlled opposition. Their entire purpose is to lose gracefully.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
If he just wouldn't have been pushing the killing of babies in the 3rd trimester he would be sitting pretty and no one would know about his blackface/KKK coonman ass.

But he flew to close to the sun and pushed the boundaries too far. Should of kept his mouth shut.

said in the other thread though, his past shouldn't chase him and if he has changed then fine. If not then kick him out.
Yeah it is pretty remarkable. His abortion comments felt like they slapped me in the face when I read them, Iike I just hadn’t heard that before (maybe I’m sheltered) then less a week later he gets spotlight’d

Aug 29, 2010
You mean how bad was the Republican. Ed Gillespie is basically Paul Manafort without the Russia. Then he took a hard racist right (granted, not to what we're seeing with Northam here).

Virginia is a purple state and voted for Bob McDonnell in the recent past (who was done in by, of all things, a chef).

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2010
EDIT. Right here in this very forum (which I'd wager is mostly Republican as the liberals are at the other forum) there's a 28/20 on whether Northam should resign or not. It should be 48-0.

Apr 15, 2018
There are a fair number of people on the right who are either responding with an "Aha! Gotcha liberals!" or "why is this a big deal?"
No one has said it's okay. Just that it may not be a fireable offense or something he has to resign over. The man did something disgusting, but not illegal.

Also you'r assuming that 28-20 is all republican

Oct 30, 2017
Rightists not being angry over the yearbook at all reveals their perverted morality. We love you until you're born, then screw you.

Two can play this game, guy.
Not true, right wing outlets have condemned him for both the yearbook and abortion but leftists have been absolutely quiet about his abortion stance.

Also, what do you mean by “We love you until you're born, then screw you”?