Virginia Govonor Ralph Northam (Democrat) yearbook page shows men in blackface and KKK robe

Feb 21, 2018
EDIT. Right here in this very forum (which I'd wager is mostly Republican as the liberals are at the other forum) there's a 28/20 on whether Northam should resign or not. It should be 48-0.
I think its more the fact that some people don't think your past from 30 years ago should haunt you the rest of your life. Its like James Gunn who made some stupid tweets a decade ago but he has to lose his job NOW.

IMO its not approval of his racisim, its the believe that someone isn't defined by their actions 30 years ago and COULD change. I voted no because I want his job to be based on his actions in the present. If he is still a racist then YES he should be gone, but before this photo appeared I have not heard any democrat calling him racist.

Aug 29, 2010
I think its more the fact that some people don't think your past from 30 years ago should haunt you the rest of your life. Its like James Gunn who made some stupid tweets a decade ago but he has to lose his job NOW.

IMO its not approval of his racisim, its the believe that someone isn't defined by their actions 30 years ago and COULD change. I voted no because I want his job to be based on his actions in the present. If he is still a racist then YES he should be gone, but before this photo appeared I have not heard any democrat calling him racist.
Before last Saturday, I would've agreed with you that at the very least, he's most likely not a racist in 2019, even though he was clearly one in 1984. But that press conference showed me that the guy can't be trusted.

Feb 21, 2018
Before last Saturday, I would've agreed with you that at the very least, he's most likely not a racist in 2019, even though he was clearly one in 1984. But that press conference showed me that the guy can't be trusted.
I didn't see his PC so I can't comment. I heard something about not shaking a black mans hand but that could just be stupid politics and not racisim.

I don't have a horse in this race. In the end this should be up to Dems and people of Virginia. If he isn't racist for them then so be it, if he is then he should resign/fired whatever.

Apr 15, 2018
Not true, right wing outlets have condemned him for both the yearbook and abortion but leftists have been absolutely quiet about his abortion stance.

Also, what do you mean by “We love you until you're born, then screw you”?
liberals think unless the state gives you a welfare check from birth until death, than you don't care about anyone

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
liberals think unless the state gives you a welfare check from birth until death, than you don't care about anyone
The fuck we do.

I support having a good social safety net, but unless you are physically disabled, the government needs to have you out working and learning skills.

Mar 12, 2014
Did Karma bite him on the ass for his disgusting abortion advocacy? Or did he just learn the hard way that people who play identity politics games, actually win identity politics prizes?

Nov 23, 2010
Why would he most likely not be a racist in 2019 even though he clearly was one in 1984? What would've caused him to change if he never was caught?

He would've taken his feelings towards the blacks to the grave and acted like it never happened. Don't give this guy the benefit of the doubt. He doesn't deserve it from you.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2010
Why would he most likely not be a racist in 2019 even though he clearly was one in 1984? What would've caused him to change if he never was caught?

He would've taken his feelings towards the blacks to the grave and acted like it never happened. Don't give this guy the benefit of the doubt. He doesn't deserve it from you.
*the* blacks, huh.

Why would anyone change? Maybe he gave his life to Christ? Met black people and saw black people are just people? Became more educated and worldly wise? Learned something while in the military?

Plenty of racists have stopped being racist.

Jul 19, 2018
Anybody else think this "leaked" to distract dumb conservatives from him supporting an Infanticide bill? It's a good thing it didn't leak when he was running against a guy that didn't dress up in an actual white hood, or more importantly, want to kill babies.

May 17, 2012
Canada
Anybody else think this "leaked" to distract dumb conservatives from him supporting an Infanticide bill? It's a good thing it didn't leak when he was running against a guy that didn't dress up in an actual white hood, or more importantly, want to kill babies.
They already had that handled. They ignored the core issue. Reverted to "women's reproductive health" and cited extreme edge cases that should not apply with 2019 technology if challenged. Then the story shifted to mocking the reaction from the right as zealots rushing to condemn who hate women. I don't think this scandal was in the standard "we got caught overreaching on abortion terms" playbook.

Nov 23, 2010
*the* blacks, huh.

Why would anyone change? Maybe he gave his life to Christ? Met black people and saw black people are just people? Became more educated and worldly wise? Learned something while in the military?

Plenty of racists have stopped being racist.
And plenty haven't. Millions are out there overt and covert. Not sure why you're letting someone nicknamed coonman pull a fast one. I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt if I were you.

A racist Democratic party stooge gave his life to Christ? Saw blacks differently? Learned something life changing in the military? Yeah right. If you believe that crap, then you're letting this ashamed racist pull wool over your eyes.

He's only sorry because he was caught. Give me a break...

Last edited:

Vade

Dec 28, 2012

What a one two punch the DNC has in Virginia.

Like the SNL skit I enjoy being Gen X and just watching both sides blow up and embarrass themselves.

Oct 30, 2017
Jan 12, 2009
Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
That Virginia mess is so ridiculous it sounds like something you might see on South Park. Aren't the Dems screwed here no matter what they do? If the Governor stays in office or he's replaced by either the Lt. Governor or Attorney General then it's going to hurt their position on social justice, at least where race relations and the #MeToo movement are concerned. If those three step down it's the Speaker of the House that becomes governor and he's a Republican.

Jun 7, 2013
That Virginia mess is so ridiculous it sounds like something you might see on South Park. Aren't the Dems screwed here no matter what they do? If the Governor stays in office or he's replaced by either the Lt. Governor or Attorney General then it's going to hurt their position on social justice, at least where race relations and the #MeToo movement are concerned. If those three step down it's the Speaker of the House that becomes governor and he's a Republican.
If they stay in office, gives the Republicans a foil to run against.

Jan 12, 2009
The blackface guys will make it through, especially the second one.

I'm not sure about Fairfax. It sounds like he's gonna go down.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018
part of your job, at any job, is representing your employers. Gunn lost his job cos those tweets were still up. any kid who wanted to look up the director of the hugely popular Disney movie "Guardians of the Galaxy" could see those. it doesn't matter if he apologized, they were still up. they were a liability. if he had erased them 10 years ago they would not be a problem. since they were still up, they damaged the brand. Disney taking him down was more Risk Management than anything else.

similarly, if you are in the Democratic party, you are representing your employers. the Democratic brand is "We are the only party that care about black people". this message is thrown out the window the moment you make exceptions for this crap. it damages the brand. it destroys credibility.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018
part of your job, at any job, is representing your employers. Gunn lost his job cos those tweets were still up. any kid who wanted to look up the director of the hugely popular Disney movie "Guardians of the Galaxy" could see those. it doesn't matter if he apologized, they were still up. they were a liability. if he had erased them 10 years ago they would not be a problem. since they were still up, they damaged the brand. Disney taking him down was more Risk Management than anything else.

similarly, if you are in the Democratic party, you are representing your employers. the Democratic brand is "We are the only party that care about black people". this message is thrown out the window the moment you make exceptions for this crap. it damages the brand. it destroys credibility.
So basically if you did something wrong once in your life you should forever pay for it. Well I guess we shouldn't ever employee former convicts. Just banish them to a life of crime because who wants the face of a criminal representing their "brand".

Look if he is still a racist then get rid of him. If his apology and talk of change its in my past isn't enough for the people of Virginia and the democratic party then make him quit. But I beleive in 2nd chances and people can change. Whats your plan to do with racists? Kill them all because if 20 years ago they got caught up in the KKK or Neo Nazi they should be forever shunned from society even if they aren't racist anymore? How do people grow and change then?

If he is still coonman and wears blackface/KKK gear then he has no excuse and didn't change. Maybe someone should look at his record as a public official and see if he has ever done anything to indicate he still harbours racist views.

I don't like his views on late term abortion so for all I care chase him out of office.

Jul 19, 2018
They already had that handled. They ignored the core issue. Reverted to "women's reproductive health" and cited extreme edge cases that should not apply with 2019 technology if challenged. Then the story shifted to mocking the reaction from the right as zealots rushing to condemn who hate women. I don't think this scandal was in the standard "we got caught overreaching on abortion terms" playbook.
I get what you’re saying, but I’m not talking about the left. The timing was too perfect. You had Northam on recording defending killing babies outside of the womb. And then the pic leaks to distract “conservatives”.

Mar 12, 2014
Gov - Let's kill some babies. Oh that pic, sorry for being in that pic. Wait, I have to resign? No I wasn't in that pic.

AG - Gov needs to resign - no excuse for blackface. Time for Lt. Gov. to take over.

Lt. Gov. - I didn't rape anyone. WaPo investigated and can tell you that.

WaPo - We couldn't corroborate cause he said she said. So we didn't report. We never cleared you though. And ignore the wizard behind our editorial curtain. Not running the story cause no corroboration was not the exact opposite of our standards for Kavanaugh no matter how obvious it was. We promise (fingers and toes crossed).

DNC - we demanded that all women must be believed, so time to run from the camera when asked why we don't demand Lt. Gov step down too. But don't worry, we still have a Dem AG to take over if both resign.

AG - yeah, about that demand for Gov to resign. So um, you know, here's the thing. I wore blackface too. But it was different for me, so the standards I applied to Gov 2 days ago don't apply to me. My blackface was one of the good ones.

Dem party - so, do we follow the tenants of our new religion and make them all step down and let the Repub's take over as Governor? Or do we just hope only Fox calls us hypocrites and this whole thing blows over cause our people don't believe anything Fox says? Actually, I know - Orange Man Bad. YEA bad Orange Man.

Dem voters - nothing to see here. It's ok when we do it.

Regular people - how about this. How about all you identity politics charlatans finally shut the F up, stop dividing the country for political and financial gain, and we all finally acknowledge that people make mistakes when they are young and they shouldn't be treated like capital murder offenses any longer if you run for office or say something someone doesn't like. You know we have been treating actual criminals better than non-criminals who say stupid shit lately, right? So can we now finally act like normal people instead of two crazy tribes looking to take anyone down who we disagree with?

Mar 4, 2014
We are heading for a scary world where digging up crap from decades ago is enough to ruin careers, especially given that younger millennials and whatever the generation after is called (Gen Z/iGeneration etc..) have had social media access from a young age. We all do and say stupid things when we are young, even in our 20s.

I believe in redemption and second chances, at least in the case of the Govenor and Attorney General. Yes, dressing in black face is stupid and wrong, but I also don’t doubt people didn’t necessarily see it as a big deal in the early to mid 80s. As long as both people can show they have changed from when they were young and stupid, that’s fine. I don’t think they should be branded as a racist and committed to a life of shame. The issue is more complicated with the Lt. govenor since sexual assault is a whole different thing.

What’s interesting about this situation is that the Democrats in Virginia are falling prey to the type of world the SJW intersectional left has created. One bad comment found on Twitter years ago or something stupid or offensive in a yearbook decades old means the person in question should be branded as a racist/sexist/bigot/homophobe/transphobe for life and be cast from polite society. In the case of any allegation against a man regarding sexual assault/abuse, all women are to be believed and the man accused should be instantly branded a sexual predator and punished accordingly with no chance to defend himself.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and these Democrats are having to deal with the reality of the world that their kooky left wing fringe and Twitter outrage have created. It’s also quite hilarious that Fairfax hired Kavanaugh’s legal team over his sexual assault allegations given that I imagine he wasn’t giving Kavanaugh the benefit of the doubt back in October against much flimsier allegations. I bet he’s not saying #believeallwomen now.

Reap what you sow Democrats.

Dec 18, 2018
Democrats like Northam, Herring and the LT Gov rapist dude (forget his name) have to be made to feel the pain of this stuff.

It was Democrats established these "new rules" where one incident from 30-plus years ago or just an accusation from any woman with no proof means your life is over. Republicans have been getting hammered by the new rules.

The only way Democrats will stop using this weapon is if they are held accountable the same way.

Jan 18, 2019
Democrats like Northam, Herring and the LT Gov rapist dude (forget his name) have to be made to feel the pain of this stuff.

It was Democrats established these "new rules" where one incident from 30-plus years ago or just an accusation from any woman with no proof means your life is over. Republicans have been getting hammered by the new rules.

The only way Democrats will stop using this weapon is if they are held accountable the same way.
Except, we all know that won't happen.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018
Except, we all know that won't happen.

Well, we could start by not giving them a pass saying "Meh, it was one incident 30 years ago..."

Nah, bruh. Drive the knife home very time. Call their offices and tell their assistants how disgusted you are. Write letters to the local newspapers. Call radio shows and be outraged. Go wild on Twitter calling them horrible people.

Oct 24, 2017
So now the Lt. Gov has been accused by 2 women of sexual assault.

So the black dude has to resign, but the white guy who wore black face doesn't have to? I wonder what the black voters in Virginia will think of this?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018
So now the Lt. Gov has been accused by 2 women of sexual assault.

So the black dude has to resign, but the white guy who wore black face doesn't have to? I wonder what the black people in Virginia will think of this?
Well, to be fair, it has nothing to do with race. One is an actual crime, the other is merely in bad taste.

Jan 11, 2016
Now they're going after the Lot Gov and Attorney general, and I'm about to say fuck it, he should stay.

As bad as this looks, the interests of black voters is not going to be served by allowing for a party to assume power with an explicit intent to disenfranchise black people.

Oct 24, 2017
Just like the Jussie Smollet story the leftist presence on the internet seems to be avoiding this topic like the plague.

They sure are in a pickle right now.

Apr 15, 2018
Now they're going after the Lot Gov and Attorney general, and I'm about to say fuck it, he should stay.

As bad as this looks, the interests of black voters is not going to be served by allowing for a party to assume power with an explicit intent to disenfranchise black people.
Yeah, black voters really need a rapist to be governor to look out for them. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

"Believe women":messenger_tears_of_joy: