• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown added to Xbox One BC library!

SGJin

Neo Member
Sorry not on xbox although I haven't tried it on there but once you recorded a clip either on a pc or laptop goto xboxdvr type in gamertag and you can view pics/videos of your own. there should be an option to convert to gif in imgur. I've noticed lately that it can take a while to upload clips on xbone live

EDIT:

I should point out that a 2nd hand kinect camera should be pretty cheap now and it records the last 30 seconds of a gameplay almost effortlessly. I just shout out "XBOX RECORD THAT" and that's it.

To add on to this you can also Double tap the Guide button and press X instead of using a kinect/mic.

Also in All Settings>Preferences>GameDVR&Streaming you can set your xbox to recored the last 15sec/30sec/1min/3min/5 minutes of gameplay.

Man I love this game.

I finally picked up the character pack #2 today. Haha. I didnt need it before, because #1 had Wolf, Kage and El Blaze, who were my mains.

So happy that on one console I can play KI, VF5, and SC1/2.

a09a77a793.png

That was a petition.

Phil Spencer certified:

oneida3dy7s.png

Justinh

Thanks, I'll have to watch this. Why's he gotta call me a "bitch" like that?

I never played VF5 even though I remember hearing good things back in the day because I've always found the series really intimidating so I just never tried them. The only game I have from it is VF1Remix (and I guess the Shenmue games, if you wanna be like that).

joanot

I never played VF5 even though I remember hearing good things back in the day because I've always found the series really intimidating so I just never tried them. .

I have always found the VF series as the easiest fighters to get into, its difficulty is greatly exaggerated by many people to the point that it has damaged its image and newcomers are afraid to try it : (

Game systems & rules are easy to grasp, make sense and execution skill is really low. This game basically gives you as much as you invest into it and no matter your skill level, ( Im a scrub ), is a fun and rewarding experience.

Also it's worth mentioning that AM2 toned down some mechanics in Final Showdon to make it even more beginner friendly so is the perfect time to get into this amazing series until Sega unveils VF 6.

Xater

Man I thought I owned VF5FS, but that might have been on PS3. Hope they can put that up with Games with Gold. I'd be very happy about that.

Neff

Game systems & rules are easy to grasp, make sense and execution skill is really low. This game basically gives you as much as you invest into it and no matter your skill level, ( Im a scrub ), is a fun and rewarding experience.

I've always found that the speed of the game and the funky animations (especially in the older titles) put people off. It's hard for them to read what's happening and why compared to a game like Tekken or Soul Calibur.

But otherwise, you're spot-on. VF is by far the simplest 3D fighter to get into, with some of the quickest results. You can reach a respectable level of play by smartly using only a handful of signature moves.

cireza

Bought the game and all DLC on PS3. I need to buy it again on Xbox One now.

I should have never switched to PS3 mid-gen :/

For now, I will pick the game, and wait for a discount for the DLCs.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I will probably be online around 730 pacific time today. I am pretty good, but not oneida good, if anyone want to play a few rounds.

Gamertag is Formalism if anyone see me.

This is the only Virtua Fighter available digitally on Xbox, right? I went to the ready to install tab and it didn't show up. I also went to the store page but it says $14.99.

We already own this game :/

Synth

This is the only Virtua Fighter available digitally on Xbox, right? I went to the ready to install tab and it didn't show up. I also went to the store page but it says $14.99.

We already own this game :/

There are two Virtua Fighter 5 versions (think Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Super Street Fighter 2) available for Xbox. Only the more recent edition is BC atm. I think the original is physical only though.

There's also Virtua Fighter 2 avaliable digitally, which is not yet BC.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
A lot of VFDC will be playing this weekend. I'll avoid the temptation of gravitating to room matches in the interest of keeping ranked moving along.

For anyone in the preview dashboard program, I've set up a FGC Fighting Game Community club for folks to be able to match up with others playing Virtua Fighter 5, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat XL, Tekken Tag Tournament, Dive Kick, etc. Just shoot me a message or invite request. Gamertag: shawnoftheshred

Alx

I hadn't played the game in a while, and forgot how annoying the announcer was. I wonder why they chose to make that bad noise effect. I wish you could change its voice in the options, or at least mute him.
Apart from that the game felt fine. I got many of my old Eileen moves back from muscle memory alone, but I definitely need an arcade stick to play decently. :p

oneida

Since you can change the music to any game in the series, it would be nice if you could do that with the announcer, too

jett

D-Member
Does this also have online?

Honestly, BC on Xbox One is gonna go down as the biggest technical achievement of the generation.

galvatron

I'll get another live sub and break out the 360 if there's a new influx of beginners from GAF. I used to play Wolf and Jean, but neither especially well...I think I'm a little too flat footed in 3d fighters, though watching Fuudo can make anyone feel that way.

There are two Virtua Fighter 5 versions (think Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Super Street Fighter 2) available for Xbox. Only the more recent edition is BC atm. I think the original is physical only though.

There's also Virtua Fighter 2 avaliable digitally, which is not yet BC.
The one we bought was the only one available digitally, the Final Showdown one. I haven't been able to get it to pop up.

Ninjimbo

Got the game and couldn't play online for whatever reason. It says I'm not signed into XBL which is weird cuz I'm always signed in.

I'm not going to bother playing this. What a shame. I really wanted to get into the game again.

Got the game and couldn't play online for whatever reason. It says I'm not signed into XBL which is weird cuz I'm always signed in.

I'm not going to bother playing this. What a shame. I really wanted to get into the game again.

Boot up your X360 game on the X1, sign out of your current Gold XBL profile from within the X360 interface, and delete and redownload your gamertag.

Got into a couple great matches now. Up to 4th Dan.

Won a few, lost a few against the same guys who sent positive messages after the games.

Bought the customisation packs to reward Whoever is responsible for bringing this to Xbox One. Had a great night as Kage.

oneida

Oh wow...Elite, that brings back memories, I think he basically taught me VF.

Ahhh...good times...I'm tempted to go and grab a cheap X1 just for this but I could never play a fighter with that pad.

My lion is itching to play though 😔

We need a remaster and VF6 pronto

Ninjimbo

Just wanted to say that it worked. I'm online again.

My GT is Imperfecto. I play Pai and she is pretty okay. Anyone who wants to play, give me a holler.

Top Bottom