• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter X eSport announced

nbkicker

I downloaded last night and quickly had a go , im not sure if i like it or not , from a quick go cant see this pulling me away from tekken or soul calibur, will have to play for a few hrs with it tonight to see if im gonna keep it

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
I downloaded last night and quickly had a go , im not sure if i like it or not , from a quick go cant see this pulling me away from tekken or soul calibur, will have to play for a few hrs with it tonight to see if im gonna keep it
I hope you didn't choose Akira...

nbkicker

No pai, sarah and eileen , but was tired by time i had downloaded it and had a quick go with each of these charachters, ill play it a load tonight to see what i think

Miles708

As soon as i activate plus my Akira's gonna kick elbow everybody's sorry asses.

(This post will backfire spectacularly)

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Loading times are fine. 4 seconds or so. Grabbed the legendary pack. Did some quick adjustments to Brad to make him like Evo. Kinda disappointed you can't change stage music individually as per Tekken 7. You can just set the entire game to VF1 music etc.

I used to main Jean but I can't remember anything. I used to know a few decent ones. And the combos in practice mode are fairly useless.

There aren't many moves and no comeback mechanics. It very hardcore. But I need to get into it again.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I miss when gamers decided what games would be esports by natural popularity of the title due to its merits.

This whole "coming out with an esports game" thing is weird to me.

Wonko_C

I miss when gamers decided what games would be esports by natural popularity of the title due to its merits.

This whole "coming out with an esports game" thing is weird to me.
This game deserves the push. It has the merits but it has never really caught on. I want to see it front and center in tournaments, not just relegated to "secondary streams" or just downright abandoned.

Last edited:

KAOS

Glad to have this fighter back in the spot light! Online worked fine for me! Hope they bring back more customization options(didn't see any skin tone ones). Looks and runs better than Tekken ever did!

Aggelos

The legendary and old players of VF

-Fuudo , Homestay Akira, Kyasa-o , Ohsu Akira
-Chibata, Ikebukuro Sara, Itabashi Zangief, Oyakata Kurita

Some playas are so old, as the goddamn '90s
(Joyopolis February 15-16, 1997)

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
Sega focuses on eSports: The delay netcode is oldschool shit, matchmaking features or friend invites are shit, it's locked to one platform.

Go home, Sega. You're drunk.

SSfox

Netcode is terrible!!!!! played 4 online matche and they all terrible AF, Sega you should have gone with Rollback you cocksuckers!!!

Last edited:
Netcode is terrible!!!!! played 4 online matche and they all terrible AF, Sega you should have gone with Rollback you cocksuckers!!!

ZAo5XOk.jpg

TheMan

This is still downloading for me, but it's really disheartening to hear that netcode sucks when good solutions exist. Way to go sega.

Last edited:

SSfox

I started to get more decent matches, but yeah it's overall not something i call solid netcode. MK11 and specially GG Strive are far better when it comes to online play.

Also first Ragequitte: What's fuck up also is that it also bring me back to main menu, WTF!!!

Fat Frog

I started to get more decent matches,
I was surprised by your first message since most players had good experience on Era. But that proves Sega still need to improve their netcode (or use rollback indeed).

Enjay

Banned
Well you can certainly tell it's a japanese developed game by its trophy list which makes you play the game online until you never want to play another game in the franchise again (see also guilty gear xrd games) and good luck getting over 100 ranked matches with the shit netcode.

Last edited:

Calverz

It’s good to see all these new folks trying virtua fighter on PS4 and ps5. But yea, this ain’t no tekken or soul calibur. This game is very technical and unless you give it time, ur gonna get ur ass whooped online.

SkylineRKR

Graphics aren't the problem. It looks very clean and not worse than a Tekken 7. Its easily a PS4 generation game. The problem is that the netcode isn't rollback like Strive, MK or KI. We knew the netcode wouldn't be optimal which is a bummer. I played FS a lot against a local online friend though and that was pretty much perfect.

And yeah, one platform isn't ideal. This should be crossplatform with at least Steam or something. Its like Aris said, this is probably going to tank because of these screwups and then Sega is going to say sorry no VF6.

Last edited:

SSfox

I was surprised by your first message since most players had good experience on Era. But that proves Sega still need to improve their netcode (or use rollback indeed).
The way netcode works seems fuck up and will make it solid for only few regions as shows the tweet posted above by Bruno. I'm loving the game on its core, but i dunno if i can stands those lags for long time.

JTCx

The shit netcode shouldnt be a surprise to anyone. Delay based netcode is trash and devs should stop with this nonsense.

SkylineRKR

Ugh. I sat for it and went online. Netcode is horrible. Its worse than FS for some reason (and back then my connection wasn't half as good as it is now). Or I have bad luck. But out of 7 games, 3 were unplayable. 2 were so so and 2 were good. I won all of them, but some were just mashing because of the horrible lag and slowdown wouldn't make any juggles possible. I'm 6th Kyu now.

Last edited:

SSfox

Ugh. I sat for it and went online. Netcode is horrible. Its worse than FS for some reason (and back then my connection wasn't half as good as it is now). Or I have bad luck. But out of 7 games, 3 were unplayable. 2 were so so and 2 were good. I won all of them, but some were just mashing because of the horrible lag and slowdown wouldn't make any juggles possible. I'm 6th Kyu now.
Yes same here, i have much better internet than back then, and PS4 online is technically superior than PS3 and Xbox 360, yet VF5US online feels worst than VF5FS by miles 🤷‍♂️

Neff

Netcode was good enough in the UK for me to take home a 15-winstreak (from my first online game of Ultimate no less), no major lag detected. Played on PS5 via ethernet.

Fat Frog

The way netcode works seems fuck up and will make it solid for only few regions as shows the tweet posted above by Bruno. I'm loving the game on its core, but i dunno if i can stands those lags for long time.
Yeah unfortunately.
Updated map:
dYp4kTQ_d.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom