• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtual Console Megaton: Sin & Punishment rated by OFLC (Australia's Rating Board)

Saitou

Banned
OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT

IT'S ON NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

BRING ON THE AWESOME

d+pad

Now this is interesting!

Maybe this will be the start of good things from Nintendo - i.e. they'll release games that previously were unavailable in certain territories.

Regardless, this is big news. Yay!

Recently played my friends copy of Sin & Punishment for the first time.
This game is totally worth the hype! Incredible graphics and gameplay.
::fingers crossed for US VC release::
:D

Jammy

Banned
Didn't this happen with another VC game? It had only been released in Japan or something and is available for the U.S. VC.

Just watched a couple of YouTube videos... the music and speech sounds pretty terrible. I'd rather they did a little more than port / translate it. It looks like the kind of game that could benefit from pointer controls.

I remember people raving about this in the day though... care to elaborate on why this news rocks?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
radioheadrule83 said:
I remember people raving about this in the day though... care to elaborate on why this news rocks?
Treasure shooter. That is all there is to know.

what's this? I think it's quite obvious I'm missing the big picture here. I hate being left out of the loop, someone tell me what's in the box

Joe Molotov

radioheadrule83 said:

Treasure_logo.png

jetjevons said:
:D So someone did localize it?
From what I heard, the game is pretty much all in English in the first place.

Still, great news! I can't wait for this to get announced for the U-S of A!

Provider

sp0rsk said:
He didn't say that.

This is definitely the September surprise.

Well if Reggie said there would be a surprise in september it makes a lot of sense to think he's talking about NA, he's NOA's president after all.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Best VC news yet!!! Sin and Punishment on US VC + Online in Brawl would be pretty much the perfect Nintendo storm for me.

HUGE NEWS FOR VC!!!

For some reason feels very unlike Nintendo to actually do something like 'well its already in English, lets actually release it in English cause the hardcore fans seem to want it'!!!

They seem to want to be frustrating some days, so take this as a big victory!

The game is totally worth it guys.

Whoo!

aparisi2274

The only thing that gonna happen here in the states is that Nintendo will not bring it to the VC here... Why you ask? Because when it comes to cool shit like this... NOA sucks.

brandonh83 said:
what's this? I think it's quite obvious I'm missing the big picture here. I hate being left out of the loop, someone tell me what's in the box

PAIN!

Haha.

HAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Best news I've heard in a long time. Can't wait.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
a western release for sin and punishment would correct a major injustice. the game's already in english ffs. one of treasure's best, in any case, and one of the few but excellent reasons for the n64's existence.

It'd be hilarious if PAL gets it before North America.

Hell, imagine if PAL is the only non-Japanese region to get it, much like Tingle's Rose Coloured Rupeeland.

That'd be funny. And I'd have to get a PAL Wii.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
So is this coming to the US and other territories? I'd really like to play it on VC with cleaned up graphics, plus I have a feeling this game might benefit from the GC controller.

pyros

Played it with my japanese n64, but still going to add it to my list of VC title, a must buy imo, please release Last Legion UX next, please

Thraktor

Dragona Akehi said:

Hell, imagine if PAL is the only non-Japanese region to get it, much like Tingle's Rose Coloured Rupeeland.

If the game is already in English, and out on Japanese VC, why not just get a Japanese Wii instead? Only go PAL if you've got a gun stuck to your head. Hell, we haven't even got Super Paper Mario over here yet.

Thraktor said:
If the game is already in English, and out on Japanese VC, why not just get a Japanese Wii instead? Only go PAL if you've got a gun stuck to your head. Hell, we haven't even got Super Paper Mario over here yet.

PAL is evil. Do you really think I'd ever get a PAL system voluntarily?

Joe Molotov

Dragona Akehi said:

If that happens, I will headbutt NOA in the ovaries.

kazuo

lol excited fanboys!

Add me to the list.

Oh, wait, DON'T add me to the list, cause I don't live in fucking Kangaroo-land!

Call me when it's rated by the ESRB or something. :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
kazuo said:
lol excited fanboys! Add me to the list. Oh, wait, DON'T add me to the list, cause I don't live in fucking Kangaroo-land! Call me when it's rated by the ESRB or something. :lol

Well, ignoring the Australia hate, any game coming to Australia is coming to the US... so this is confirmation that Sin & Punishment is coming to the US.

Top Bottom