• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita can't connect to PSN store on firmware 3.57

georly

Just bought a used vita yesterday (I had a PSTV before). I can not connect to the store at all. Fortunately the games I want to play are already on my PSTV card and it lets me play those, so I'm good for now, but that's super lame.

Have had the excact same problem since last month. Weird they haven't fixed it yet in such a long span of time. Are they even aware of it?

Left my OGvita with the wireless on in sleep mode (whatever its called when the screen is off) overnight. The battery did not drain. Still having the PSN store errors.

I shot a tweet to @AskPlayStation last night and this morning about this. Referenced this thread and the Kotaku story asking about a solution or comment to the issues

No response. Don't expect one really but this is kinda ridiculous.

Might help if those affected do the same to push their hand.

Alucrid

Banned
if you can't connect to the psn store, can you still upload saves and what not? would it be safe to transfer my stuff to a new vita via pc i guess?

I shot a tweet to @AskPlayStation last night and this morning about this. Referenced this thread and the Kotaku story asking about a solution or comment to the issues

No response. Don't expect one really but this is kinda ridiculous.

Might help if those affected do the same to push their hand.

I tweeted at them as well...and I NEVER use Twitter.

I'm of the school of thought that accidents happen, and I know you can't test for everything, but at least acknowledge the issue. These are customers, and the update that they pushed is having an impact on the actual playability of the system, specifically towards battery life.

if you can't connect to the psn store, can you still upload saves and what not? would it be safe to transfer my stuff to a new vita via pc i guess?

I may be wrong because it's a long time since I did it, but I believe if you back up your Vita data through PC, and redownload it you should have everything kept as-is. I did it when I wanted to back-up and add new data to a new memory card.

StereoVsn

I may be wrong because it's a long time since I did it, but I believe if you back up your Vita data through PC, and redownload it you should have everything kept as-is. I did it when I wanted to back-up and add new data to a new memory card.

Actually I haven't had issues with PS Plus Saves or patches, just PSN Store.

Alucrid

Banned

Actually I haven't had issues with PS Plus Saves or patches, just PSN Store.

thanks. i didn't do the save transfer and just swapped memory card, but i still ran into the issue of not being able to activate the new system. wouldn't be an issue, but i downloaded one of the free dlcs for a physical game and now i can't load the save. oh well, hope it's fixed soon

Chance

I had no problems with battery life until I tried to access the store last night. Now my Vita is showing all the symptoms.

Fix your shit, Sony. I'm hyped to try NecroDancer on Tuesday... assuming I'm able to give you money for it.

Markiss614

This is strange, it seems to be a widespread issue, but my Vita 1000 and my PlayStation TV both seem to be fine after updating. I can access the PSN Store, download games and Sync game saves normally. Battery life also seems normal. I haven't done anything special, it just seems to be business as usual on my end.

JD_Lars

I have a Vita 1000 on the 3.57 firmware. I've had it comply shutdown for around 3 days since I last updated it and didn't check the store that day.

Just checked it now. Store works fine. I just started downloading Towerfall actually. Not sure what the disconnect is.

rbnoble06

Neo Member
I updated my OLED Vita last night and don't seem to be having any issues so far. Was able to access the PSN Store and download and install Freedom Wars. Hopefully it stays that way but will keep and eye on it.

Hesemonni

Banned
Can't access store. Battery dies during the night if I don't completely shut the device down.

Doesn't matter though, Got Binding of Isaac already loaded and I can sync manually :p

aljoriz

Neo Member
Upgraded my firmware to the dreaded 3.57 so far I can connect to the PSN, I haven't played it much to test the battery but I will with Trails of the Sky SC

theaface

I updated my OLED Vita the other day and am having all of the problems others are experiencing - can't connect to the store and battery life has gone to shit (moreso than usual). Just tried rebuilding the database and that hasn't worked for me.

Joni

Just checked, managed to get in the Vita store just fine. I wonder if it could be country dependent, with some stores being offline or something.

yella

I many of the same issues as you guys... I couldn't buy anyhing frombthe store during the Flash Sale weekend (missed out on Stein's gate because of it ;_;). Even the webstore had stopped working. I did the database rebuild as suggested and haven't had had issues since.
To the oeople who are still having issues, try the rebuild again if you haven't already. Thr only other thing we can do is let Sony know en masse that there's a serious problem here that needs addressing. Maybe PM Adam Boyes since he does have a GAF account?

Oh, we're talking about battery too? Because mine basically died and I now have a piece of paper on my desk. While my DS that went underwater still works.

Sakwoff

The PSN store on Vita has always been kind of a terrible joke in my eyes. It's ugly, slow, unresponsive, cumbersome, extremely prone to network errors...

Getting into my download list (which as a concept is already stupid. ever heard of a library? yeah.) to download the games I've bought is a gamble every time. 8 out of 10 times it just boots me right out. It's kind of crazy that this piece of software garbage has never been fixed at all.

So yeah, this just seems par for the course.

Lexxism

Is there anyone who updated their Vita to the latest firmware (3.57)? If so, can you access the deactivation on the settings after updating?

The PSN store on Vita has always been kind of a terrible joke in my eyes. It's ugly, slow, unresponsive, cumbersome, extremely prone to network errors...

Getting into my download list (which as a concept is already stupid. ever heard of a library? yeah.) to download the games I've bought is a gamble every time. 8 out of 10 times it just boots me right out. It's kind of crazy that this piece of software garbage has never been fixed at all.

So yeah, this just seems par for the course.
To be fair, the PSN store is pretty garbage on every console.

Omerta

I've updated my oled vita and I'm getting none of the reported issues.

EU store loads without problem, as does the download list. Vita has been on standby for three days and it's still on full power.

NeatoKuni

Ever since the update my Vita's battery drains super fast. I used to be able to have it in sleep mode for over a week without needing to charge and now it doesn't last being off the charger over night. As for connecting to the store I got an error a few times, but eventually it worked for me when I bought/downloaded Steins;Gate without a problem.

I couldn't buy anyhing frombthe store during the Flash Sale weekend (missed out on Stein's gate because of it ;_;)

I'm sorry you missed out on Steins;Gate! For future refrence you can always access the web based store on your computer.

Hopefully with the new SCI under Andrew House, Sony will fix up their PSN architecture a bit, because this shit is ridiculous. The store is 100% unusable on my PSTV. Errors left and right.

And it really fucking grinds my gears that I can't download Final Fantasy X-2 separately from Final Fantasy X unless I use the download list, which errors out every time I try to fucking scroll down it.

And it's only a 4 gig memory card in one of my PSTVs, so I can't fit both.

thenexus6

My battery took a hit, went to play Persona 4 this morning and it was completely dead. I had plenty of battery yesterday so it should've worked fine.

Nightbird

Okay, I have Battery issues.

It does not drain a lot on Standby, but it drains a whole lot faster while playing. It reached 3DS Levels of being bad

Uhyve

Got a PSTV today, trying to download Persona 4, no luck. Should've bought an actual brick and saved some money.

Best advice I can give, and the only thing that worked on both of my vitas, is to rebuild the database.
I feel for those who want to relax on the weekends.

Voror

So should I just avoid updating for the time being given all these issues? Not being able to access the store is quite irritating, but the only thing I'd planned on getting in the near future was Digimon and that can always wait.

Top Bottom