• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Coding & Building Community with PlayStation Network: Presentation slides

dr_rus

gofreak said:
That slide makes it sound like bandwidth consumption for rendering is limited to an initial copy in of data and then a final copy-out of the framebuffer tile - surely it's not that simple/efficient? Nice if it is.
It is one of the advantages of a TBDR. Unfortunately it has some disadvantages too -- when you need to work with your whole screen sized render target then you can't use tiling for example. Less of a problem on a stable console h/w though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
onQ123 said:
I think no matter how the UI looks there is going to be people who hate it,

I don't think that's true at all. I never hear anyone* hating on the iOS UI or the HTC Sense UI, and almost no one complains about Metro.

* any significant amount of people

Stumpokapow said:
I don't think that's true at all. I never hear anyone* hating on the iOS UI or the HTC Sense UI, and almost no one complains about Metro.

Am I the only one who doesn't want all their devices to end up having a grid UI? It'll be boring as hell

patsu

narcosis219 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't want all their devices to end up having a grid UI? It'll be boring as hell

[raise hand]

As an entertainment device, there should also be a hotspot/hub for us to leave our console at to harvest interesting contents and activities. Near would be one example, but in Vita, it's only a point application. I am looking at an OS-level service, perhaps like LiveArea for the entire PSN instead of LiveArea for a particular title.

The UI in Vita works but not as inspiring as it could be, especially look-wise. It's too cluttered. They should also layer a more interesting experience on top of these basic grid navigations. Both are needed.

iceatcs

Quite confusing what going on the presentation slide. That's because I'm no way knowledge of game programming.
UI and other features seem neat. Especially Sony seem took very serious on Party features. They did learn lot from PS3 problems.

Count me in too for hating the iOS IU too. Very easy get lost where I want to find (16 icons with 4 hotlink :| per slide). Also HTC Sense UI remind me of window desktop widget which it is nothing special.
There will be hating no matter how good is it.
A bit like of Marmite.

onQ123

Stumpokapow said:

I hated the ipod UI but they got better & better each time & I think Vita's UI will get better as Sony get more & more feedback on it after it comes out,

Bad_Boy said:
I don't have much faith in this NEAR stuff, but I'm glad Sony is trying it.
why don't you ? Isn't it the same as street pass?, and they even seem to have a protection against creeps by allowing you to get the gift anonymously

onQ123

BuildingCommunitywithPlayStationNetwork%252815%2529+small.jpg

Gwerg.png

gEevZ.png

for some reason I get the feeling that maybe this isn't just the Vita stuff being shown here.

Top Bottom