• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Collection and Appreciation |2018 Thread| Vita means life (even in 2018)

NovumAngel

Banned
In the past there had been extensive lists and threads about upcoming games for the Playstation Vita but I noticed that there wasn't one for this year, so I thought I'd try and keep a thread alive because that little console is still releasing games to this day and there are a number coming up later in the year.

Last years thread contains a huge list of upcoming, japanese-only and previously released games so be sure to take a look.
There is also a thread on reddit trying to keep track of all upcoming releases as well.

Other than that, feel free to talk about anything you're playing or recently picked up, etc.

Current releases:
JANUARY:
36 Fragments of Midnight

679930.jpg

The Count Lucanor
conde1.jpg

Little Red Lie
little-red-lie-ps-vita-ps4-20180106-800x445-555x309.jpg

Energy Invasion
header.jpg

2064: Read Only Memories
1516369299-8735-card.jpg

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory
Cyber-Sleuth-Hackers-Memory-Protag_04-04-17.jpg

Iconoclasts
header.jpg

Time Recoil
header.jpg

FEBRUARY:
Mercenary Kings: Reloaded Edition

header.jpg

UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st]
under-night-top.jpg

Xenon Valkyrie+
Xenon-Valkyrie-v1.06.jpg

Little Adventure on the Prairie
RyUmpeQxlh3inxJzwH4Kq3bf6mGQd-nhCKIYBQVDt3MesoRe5_id3f0L6vFZSPMEmg=h310

Deadbolt
header.jpg

MARCH:
Secret of Mana

header.jpg

North
header.jpg

Midnight Deluxe
midnight-deluxe-screenshot-01-ps4-us-06mar2018

Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka
Damascus-Gear-Operation-Osaka-HD-Edition-PLAZA.jpg

One Eyed Kutkh
header.jpg

NeuroVoider
NeuroVoider-Free-Download.jpg

Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms
header.jpg

Bit Dungeon Plus
header.jpg

APRIL:
Sir Eatsalot
sir-eatsalot-screen-01-ps4-us-3apr2018

Penny-Punching Princess
20170705_005315_thumb.jpg

Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~
code-realize-future-blessings-fan-disc-titlecard.jpg

Metropolis: Lux Obscura
32331b863b6c364482485fed02c58e0b.jpg

The King Of Fighters ’97 Global Match
THE.KING_.OF_.FIGHTERS.97.GLOBAL.MATCH_.center.www_.download.ir_.jpg

Reverie
Reverie_09-04-17.jpg

League of Evil
header.jpg

Deep Ones
Deep-Ones-Free-Download.jpg

Rogue Aces
48bcc9ae-11d7-44dc-aba4-261cd8579834-555x312.png

Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
header.jpg

VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
Daily-Deal-VA-11-Hall-A-Cyberpunk-Bartender-Action-33-Off.jpg

Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly
psychedelica-of-the-black-butterfly-principal.jpg

Devious Dungeon
game_devious.png

Pic-a-Pix Color
4656C43E2C6AB7806DA2E143367331572AE65CC5

MAY:
InkSplosion

Dead Ahead: Zombie Warfare
wKgDOFoYKM2AYvcEAAB_sx2jfUc6104041

Plague Road
header.jpg

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon-official-trailer_hs4e.620.jpg

7’scarlet
1475986711-2282386767.jpg

Stardew Valley
header.jpg

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I'll be honest,it has been a while since i opened my Vita. Or my 3DS. Even though i have tons of great games to play on both systems. :(

Zambayoshi

Currently playing Dynasty Warriors Next on my Vita. It's pretty cool. Good to see some new games still being released on the system.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I love my Vita. Remote play with games like Far Cry 5, Monster Hunter World, and Street Fighter V has been wonderful.

I finished Suikoden II on it this year. Currently I've started another game of Front Mission 3 just so I could do the other campaign.

I'm interested in how God of War looks on my Vita via Remote Play.

I own Phantasy Star Nova. I really wish I could understand Japanese.

I play ESO with my wife using it. I really wish it had L2/R2. I am somewhat use to touching the back panel. 2017's Prey was challenging at first because I can't change the button layout. Far Cry 5 feels a lot like how Destiny felt with Remote Play. The buttons are auto configured for aiming and shooting with L1/R1.

Anyway, I love my Vita. It's added a lot to my gametime because I can play while others watch TV. I've got a nice grip I use around the system.

IMG_4157.jpg

2017-11-09_00.09.13.jpg

2017-12-02_23.03.40.jpg

Last edited:

DonF

Every time I consider getting a vita I remember those stupid proprietary memory cards, expensive and useless in other devices. I own a PSP and love it, but I dont want to go that route again. My little brother actually lost my big psp memory and if that machine had SD cards, it would have been a non issue.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Every time I consider getting a vita I remember those stupid proprietary memory cards, expensive and useless in other devices. I own a PSP and love it, but I dont want to go that route again. My little brother actually lost my big psp memory and if that machine had SD cards, it would have been a non issue.

I started off with a 4 GB card and then upgraded to an 8 GB. I use the 4 GB in my PSTV. It's not bad. Sure, I would love more space, but I only keep so many games installed at once.

For some reason I stored Persona 4 Golden on my PC a couple years ago. In the event that I could upload it back onto my card with Content Manager.

Being memory conscious can cause some series OCD. Otherwise, playing through a handful of games on 8 GB works just fine.

TFGB

The Vita is still my favourite handheld of all time. Remote Play rocks and it’s the perfect holiday companion.

I really wish Guerilla would remake/remaster Killzone Liberation for the PS4.

bosnianpie

Started Reverie yesterday, I only played for some 20 minutes and walked around the town but it feels really promising. You can tell it's done by a small team but the game is ambitious and there is definitely nice to play an old school game again. Games like Reverie are really perfect for Vita.

llien

Thanks for the great post OP?

Seeing Vita next to 3DS makes me feel frustrated...
I'm keeping on dreaming Sony would not give up on the idea and invest a bit more into "main console companion" aspect.

thelawof4

cxAf6C.gif

I'd really like a port of DDLC on the Vita. I guess it would take away some of the gimmicks but i doubt the majority even noticed the changing files.

NovumAngel

Banned
Cheers for the responses so far, I honestly thought this thread was going to die as quickly as the vita did, so it's nice to see there is still some interest.

In my case I still find myself using my vita a lot, as someone who's big into rpg's and visual novels it's been a godsend and probably one of the only reasons I've finished off half of my games in recent years.
Currently playing (or I guess you could say reading) that Hakuoki game I have posted above, sure it's an otome VN but it still has a good story and some interesting characters even if you're not interested in the romance side of things.

Have to say that I haven't really bought anything Vita related in a long while. The last thing I bought was an imported Gundam Breaker 3. I really was looking forward to playing Muv-Luv Alternative on a portable but it's taking forever to release so while I'll probably still buy it, I'm not as excited as I was when the kickstarter went live. I still use it regularly for Remote Play, Yakuza games are just so perfect on it since they don't need the extra shoulder buttons.

Such a shame that there probably won't be a successor. The reason I even joined NeoGAF was this was one of the nicest places to discuss the Vita, was pissed when the Vita thread got merged into the general Playstation thread and all discussion was pretty much drowned out by PS4 related stuff.

NovumAngel

Banned
Marvelous/XSeed have announced that Fate/Extella Link will be coming to NA/EU in winter, for PS4 and Vita (digital only)

dolabla

That Reverie game looks really cool. I see it's getting a physical release over at play-asia. I'm definitely going to have to import. I haven't played my Vita in a while.

Do any of you know if the Japanese physical release of Secret of Mana has English subtitles? I'd like to import that too.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I can't believe that the best game that i was play in my all life comes from a portable console.

Thank you Gravity rush to come in my life.

160028b.jpg

Zambayoshi

Consider buying a second-hand Vita and you'll find they mostly come with a memory card. Even a small one can be sufficient, depending on stuff like your internet arrangement and how many games you really want installed at once.

NovumAngel

Banned
That Reverie game looks really cool. I see it's getting a physical release over at play-asia. I'm definitely going to have to import. I haven't played my Vita in a while.

Do any of you know if the Japanese physical release of Secret of Mana has English subtitles? I'd like to import that too.
From what I've read it doesn't seem like it does I'm afraid.
I don't know how anyone gets by with less than 32GB.
I made the plunge and upgraded to the 64 GB card when I found it for a reasonable (lol) price on amazon. It was amazing to have literally every game I owned sitting there ready to go. Unfortunately I've been having some issue with it lately, games/saves corrupted with even the cloud storage struggling to re-download the saves, and sometimes the console hangs when you open up the "bubbles" of games that are corrupted. Just a word of warning I guess.

Grinchy

Banned
I made the plunge and upgraded to the 64 GB card when I found it for a reasonable (lol) price on amazon. It was amazing to have literally every game I owned sitting there ready to go. Unfortunately I've been having some issue with it lately, games/saves corrupted with even the cloud storage struggling to re-download the saves, and sometimes the console hangs when you open up the "bubbles" of games that are corrupted. Just a word of warning I guess.
Yep, I've read a decent amount of posts just like that over the years, so I've always avoided the 64GB card. It's a shame because it really would be awesome to have that much space.

Klart

Cosmic Star Heroine is likely to come out soon for the Vita. The Trophy list has appeared recently.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how anyone gets by with less than 32GB.
By going physical mainly I guess. Most saves don't take up much space.

Last edited by a moderator:

Susurrus

While I think my Vita is great for plane rides and such ('dat OLED model in Blue is beautiful), my PS TV gets a lot more use since I have it hooked up in my bedroom so that while I'm chiling laying on my bed I can play Vita/PSP/PS1 or even remote play my PS4 that is in my living room. Wish it got more support, though. While I understand some games just can't support the TV that are focused on touch screens, it is annoying when there is no good reason...even moreso when there's a PS4 (or PS3) version of the game, which tells me there's no excuse for the Vita version to not support the TV.

I wish I could keep both actively logged in, too. But only one can be at a time, if I switch to the other I need to log in if I want to be online, including downloads set from the web store. I use the PS Plus save backup to transfer my saves, though.

Last edited:

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
I'm not really a fan of handheld gaming but I did buy a Vita when they first came out played it quite a bit.

It's actually the only handheld that I now regret selling, the original OLED screen really was something special and so many of the games that I own now are also CrossBuy with the Vita versions and I know there are not quite official ways of getting my PS1 games on there. :(

NovumAngel

Banned
Releasing on Wednesday on the EU PSN (Also on PS4)

Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
header.jpg

"From the creator of the Gundemonium Collection comes a thrilling new 2D action-platformer! Help Bunny escape the Devils’ Labyrinth and defeat the 7 Devils in this hilariously over-the-top action-platformer game. Battle through a large, connected map filled with unique enemies, traps, and puzzles."

TIL Mercenary Kings got an actual Vita release. That was one of the first games I played via Remote Play on Vita. And it was fantastic.

ar0s

I have about 60 retail Vita games but have pretty much moved onto Switch as my main console now. Loved the Vita :-(

MDSLKTR

My remote play looks like its messed up on my launch unit :( it renders at 140p when playing bloodborne. Yet a year ago I could rock injustice 2 at 60fps... I changed to a ps4 pro since, is there anything I can do in the settings?

Last edited:

ar0s

There's the connection type thing - sounds like it's set to Wifi rather than direct connection.

ar0s

I have a fantastic L2/R2 grip for my 2000, was pretty cheap. Depends what model you have?

There's some terrible ones just as prominent as the good ones though, make sure you get one with moving clips not a "force it in and tiny bits of rigid plastic keep it in place" one.

My last l2r2 grip worked ok but one of the rigid clips broke within about 2 days and the whole thing was just shoddy. Worse, that one cost more than the eventual excellent one.

autoduelist

Are there any upcoming drpgs? I feel like I remember that there was one, but I can't remember the name. I've been a bit out of the Loop due to other responsibilities, and the death of the normal Vita thread on this site.

Dubloon7

Banned
the last game i played remote play with was No Mans Sky. Too difficult to do anything b/c of the clunkiness of L2/R2 and the nonexistent L3/R3. I did play La Mulana and LOVE IT (couldn't kill final boss), played Y's Origins, tried some PS1 classics before placing it in closet where it now collects dust as my laptop sees EVERY DAY REMOTE PLAY!

NovumAngel

Banned
VA-11 HALL-A was finally released on EU PSN yesterday, about 5 months after the NA release.

VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
Daily-Deal-VA-11-Hall-A-Cyberpunk-Bartender-Action-33-Off.jpg

You are a bartender at VA-11 HALL-A, affectionately nicknamed 'Valhalla.' Although it is just a small bar downtown, it attracts the most fascinating people this side of dystopia. Keep your clients lubricated and you will be made privy to the most interesting stories.

NovumAngel

Banned
A few new games released this week

Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly
psychedelica-of-the-black-butterfly-principal.jpg

Awakening in a mysterious mansion, her first, frantic thoughts are:
'Where am I? And more importantly, WHO am I?'

She encounters several young men in the same predicament trapped and missing their memories. To survive they must hunt black butterflies and claim kaleidoscope shards from the horrific monsters surrounding them.

Will their path lead them to hope or despair?

Devious Dungeon
game_devious.png

Set in the Dark Ages, Devious Dungeon is a medieval focused action platformer title.

Under orders by the King, you will assume the control of a Knight instructed to head into the catacombs beneath the Kingdom, to slay the fowl beasts and monstrosities that have invaded the murky depths.
You must venture deep within the dungeons eliminating the threat!
Slay monsters, collect loot, level up and upgrade your gear.

Only a true champion will be victorious!

Pic-a-Pix Color
4656C43E2C6AB7806DA2E143367331572AE65CC5

Pic-a-Pix are exciting logic puzzles that form whimsical pixel-art pictures when solved. Challenging, deductive and artistic, this original Japanese invention offers the ultimate mix of logic, art and fun while providing solvers with many hours of mentally stimulating entertainment.

Pic-a-Pix are sometimes known by other names, such as Picross, Nonogram, Paint by Numbers, Griddlers, Hanjie and many more.

Pic-a-Pix Color adds a new dimension to this popular puzzle by using colored clues to indicate which color each block should be painted. The new rules add a unique twist to the game's logic and the puzzles produce beautiful, colorful pixel art.

Susurrus

Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly - tried looking it up, but as far as I can tell it is a visual novel with the occasional tapping mini game?

Also any word on PSTV support on any of these?

NovumAngel

Banned
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly - tried looking it up, but as far as I can tell it is a visual novel with the occasional tapping mini game?

Also any word on PSTV support on any of these?
Yeah it's a visual novel, specifically an otome one (aimed at women) but this one's supposed to be pretty good in general.

Psychedelica will probably have PSTV support since the companies previous games did, not sure about the other ones I'm afraid.

Ugh, haven't been able to play my Vita for a couple of months. Tried searching for a OG Vita charger in Norway, but haven't found one. So I need to order abroad. I might just buy one of the newer Vita editions as well.
Luckily the Nintendo Switch has helped me cope with it easy enough. I've been thinking of ordering a GPD XD, as I have a lot of SNES games I've dumped to ROMs and a lot of images I've created from my PS1 collection. With how I imagine that Switch will never get a great collection of classic games soon, it seems like a great option. Might have to get something to dump N64 games as well and buy more N64 games.

Top Bottom