• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Collection and Appreciation |2018 Thread| Vita means life (even in 2018)

Susurrus

Ugh, haven't been able to play my Vita for a couple of months. Tried searching for a OG Vita charger in Norway, but haven't found one. So I need to order abroad. I might just buy one of the newer Vita editions as well.
Luckily the Nintendo Switch has helped me cope with it easy enough. I've been thinking of ordering a GPD XD, as I have a lot of SNES games I've dumped to ROMs and a lot of images I've created from my PS1 collection. With how I imagine that Switch will never get a great collection of classic games soon, it seems like a great option. Might have to get something to dump N64 games as well and buy more N64 games.

PM Sent.

NovumAngel

Banned
InkSplosion

Inspired by both modern and old school shooters and from the developers behind Midnight Deluxe, InkSplosion is an arcade delight that is simple to learn, yet hard to master, thanks to endless levels that are decorated only by your colourful ammunition.

Dead Ahead: Zombie Warfare
wKgDOFoYKM2AYvcEAAB_sx2jfUc6104041

Defend your bus and don’t let the hungry horde eat the living! Breakthrough barricades on your way and setup the battle camp to your advantage.

NovumAngel

Banned
I know this isn't a game, but it's still important to put this in this thread for future's sake: Sony will no longer produce physical Vita cartridges beginning 2019
https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/16/rip-sony-physical-vita-games/
Thanks for posting, I forgot to do it yesterday.

It's disappointing but the writings been on the wall for a while, it's been a struggle to find physical games in Europe for a while now and even when I've been importing them it's a case of "you snooze, you lose".

Might be a good idea to grab whatever's missing from peoples collections before prices go up, anyone have any good sites they use?

Also, there's a single game been released this week on PSN
Plague Road:
header.jpg

Set around a city being consumed from within by a disease, Plague Road tells a story of a lone doctor who once abandoned their home and now returns to learn the fate of those they left behind. Travel from the safe refuge of your farm through a series of regions progressively more affected by the infernal plague.

On the road, rescue survivors and choose whether to use them as traveling companions or to improve the Doctor's farm and gain access to new abilities. How your farm progresses depends upon where you assign survivors to work.

Some survivor types are more valuable in certain jobs, but may be more useful still if kept available for expeditions. Surviving the road will rely on your ability to fight horrors created by the plague, in combat encounters featuring grid-based positioning and turn-based strategy mechanics.

NovumAngel

Banned
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (24th)
bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon-official-trailer_hs4e.620.jpg

Battle with swords and whips in this retro-style action game brought to you by game creator Koji Igarashi and Inti Creates!

7’scarlet (25th)
1475986711-2282386767.jpg

The remote town of Okunezato is shaped like a crescent moon and shrouded in dark myths and legends. Take on the role of a brave young woman journeying into the unknown to uncover dangerous truths and locate her missing brother with her childhood friend.

Stardew Valley (22nd in US, 24th in EU)
header.jpg

You’ve inherited your grandfather’s old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I played through Ninja Gaiden II Sigma+ over the holiday. There are a handful of negative things wrong with it.

-Slow downs: The frame rate drops when there are a handful of animations on screen. When you're twirling the pole and enemies are trying to scatter. Even during some random movement on the screen it can lag or drop frames. This bugs me maybe 20-30% of the time. Otherwise it can run like it should. Being on the Vita should have made them optimize the game more. A retail product shouldn't have this much noticeable lag.
-The resolution makes it look blocky, low textures (except the cutscenes, which look great).
-The lack of blood. I played the Xbox 360 version of Ninja Gaiden II and there was a lot of blood. Like raining blood from the sky type of rain. I owned the original and then Sigma for both games and I feel like Sigma censored the gore. Especially on the Vita. No more buckets of blood.

Overall the game was a lot of fun. A lot of boss battles, some tedious water areas, but there are plenty of playable characters. The level design makes up for being somewhat bland with how the game transitions to each area. There are a ton of weapons and the combat is very enjoyable. I really wish they would have ported Razer's Edge over to the Vita.

Top Bottom