• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Download List Timeout - Seriously?

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I can't even get it to load and scroll down far enough to even get at my past purchases. Sure, the list itself is just a "here's everything you ever downloaded" landfill you must mine for your actual games through layers of detritus (thanks, Motorstorm RC)... that is known, at least.

But it won't even work? This is my experience after buying an overpriced memory card? The game of "can I even access my purchases?"

Does Sony realize the kind of patience and dedication they're asking of people with this broken useless download list, on ALL platforms?

Back to the drawer for you Vita.

Yep, haven't been able to scroll more than like 1/4 through it recently.

But hey its the Vita do they'll probably never fix it

8bit

Knows the Score
Not just me then? Hooked up a Vita TV that I got for pennies to try and figure out which games were playable on it. What a miserable experience that was. At the very least filter by system would be useful.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
That error is annoying as fuck.

The way Sony manage downloads/purchased titles is demented. I made the mistake of picking up PES 14 2014 when it was on PS+, now I've got 17 entries for it in the download list cos of the DLC and avatar rubbish.

whywhywhy_liamneeson.gif

I love this on PS3! Specially since the store won't load and freezes and I thought this would be useful to access my downloads, but nope.

Thanks, sony!

Yup it`s a real pain in the ass, I find I have to be very 'gentle' with my scrolling to avoid going too fast. If I had to guess what is going on I`d say it`s either the sheer number of http requests for all the icons is killing the browser or a RAM limitation caused by the same. Text only is fine Sony and yeah at least filter the list to Vita & cross platform only server side before sending it to the Vita.

I usually use PSDLE, organize by platform and then download on the store by searching. It's the only realistic way for me to be able to download my PS+ games.

seabass0

I get that all the time, but with enough re-tries, I tend to be able to get in eventually.

What bugs me even MORE, is that the download lists aren't platform specific. So if I access my download list on my Vita, it happily shows me everything on PS3 and PS4 that I can't download. THANKS SONY!

It's such a pain in the ass when you are trying to Redownload a game and it does that. The Vita and PS3 store is the absolute worst.

Thank God for the Web Store.

Shai-Tan

Banned
This is a problem that has been occurring for years. Sony doesn't seem to be a competent provider of services. Half the time I can't even get the store to display correctly without throwing an error. The download list is terribly designed of course on top of it failing to load. With all that said you can usually fix it by restarting the store. I'm guessing the fact that they haven't fixed it is a sign that the platform they built doesn't work very well within Vita hardware constraints and/or they are simply not motivated to fix it. I literally could not download off the store due to a "preparing to download" bug that lasted for something like a year without using some workaround. And it wasn't an isolated problem.

comatsu

It is very badly implemented :/ a toggle to allow you to just show vita content would go a long way.

I can suggest you try the PSDLE bookmarklet someone made for the webstore - fantastic way to get a list of all content for each platform (or subset thereof - such as just full games for Vita) in a handy list which you can also save for future reference.

Been happening to me constantly and it's pissing me off. Doesn't help that the download list is garbage too. 4 years on and they still refuse to fix it and make it more navigable.

th4tguy

This was happening to me most of last week. Yesterday and day before it was ok. Don't know about today.

NewDust

I can't even get it to load and scroll down far enough to even get at my past purchases. Sure, the list itself is just a "here's everything you ever downloaded" landfill you must mine for your actual games through layers of detritus (thanks, Motorstorm RC)... that is known, at least.

But it won't even work? This is my experience after buying an overpriced memory card? The game of "can I even access my purchases?"

Does Sony realize the kind of patience and dedication they're asking of people with this broken useless download list, on ALL platforms?

Back to the drawer for you Vita.

Yes there should be atleast a list per platform.

Since it's not there, here is how I dealt with it last month after buying a new memorycard for vita.

Since not all vita games are listed in the vita store, go to the webstore, go to "all games" then only select vita games and sort a-z. Acces the store on your vita, go to all vita games. Now just watch the webstore for purchased games, browse to it on the vita and dl. In the case a certain game does not show up, search it and you should be able to dl it. Only downside is, you still can not easily list/access dlc.

Apparently this has been a huge issue since last Christmas. It always happened, but never this bad. Just tried to go through my DL list 10 times but never made it even 1/3 down before I got the timeout.

Could this be some kind of DDOS prevention that has this side effect? Who do we contact to get it fixed?

Human_me

The whole downlist list is a mess,
What's worse is when you renew your PS+ subscription it puts all the games you've ever got free to the top.
Which then makes it harder to find actual purchases which makes it more likely your get a timeout.
Starting the process again, Super annoying.

-Horizon-

The vita download list is legit terrible :/

You would think that implementing a filter/sort list option would have been like the #1 thing to add in an update.

Jofamo

It seems to mainly happen to me when I have something downloading already in the background. Happened recently after a period away from my Vita. I went into the list to download a few PS+ games I'd racked up since it was last used, and after setting he third or fourth game to download I couldn't scroll the list anymore without it timing out. Waiting for the downloads to finish seemed to solve the issue.

In fact, background downloads on the Vita seem to significantly affect its overall performance. I tried to play Final Fantasy 7, PS one Classic one time with stuff downloading in the background and the frame rate was abysmal. Pausing or cancelling the downloads made it run just fine.

AwRy108

Been happening to me constantly and it's pissing me off. Doesn't help that the download list is garbage too. 4 years on and they still refuse to fix it and make it more navigable.

Been happening to me for months now. Also, lots more timeouts trying to navigate the PSN Store on Vita, too. So absurd, esp. for 2016.

Not only is the download list a pain but the vita store search is worthless too. I tried to download Ragnarok odyssey ace recently. I start the game and it says I'm missing dlc. I download all the free dlc that is listed with the game in the store, still missing dlc.

I do a search for ragnarok and it lists some dlc but nothing I haven't downloaded before. I go into my download history but it keeps timing out before I can find my dlc for the game. So I had to go to my pc and sign into the store that way and find the two pieces of dlc that apparently are not showing in the store anymore.

this is pretty bad. why is this the only way to see the things you own?

shit, it took me like 10 minutes just to find the download list as it is, now it doesn't even work.

I haven't gone through my DL list on the Vita for quite awhile, but I always time out every 2 or 3 clicks on the store in general... for probably a year now.

Vita probably gets .01% of their server resources and the DL list has always been god awful since it's not Vita-content only, and able to be organized or filtered by content type. They had absolutely no forethought about so many things.

Even though online is free on PS3 and Vita, most of their customers are probably paying for PS+ and getting this kind of service too.

Ogawa-san

My 64GB card died on me last week, so I had to redownload some stuff including a game with lots of free DLC. I learned by experience most of the places it can time out: scrolling through the download list, downloading something, downloading a pack of DLCs (that will time out halfway through and only queue some of the items, never them all), stuff queued through the web store (that will time out later and fail to download)...

After many hours I just gave up.

I remember making a new account very early in the PS3 era for this very reason. I had so many random downloads that my list was a pain to navigate. Even now , without a single demo on my download list, the fact that i have been 100% digital for the past 6-7 years makes the download list a pain in my arse. I don't even use it. It is far quicker to just look up the game's page in the store and download from there as opposed to sifting through the hundreds of games on my download list.

J-Skee

I love this on PS3! Specially since the store won't load and freezes and I thought this would be useful to access my downloads, but nope.

Thanks, sony!

I've been unable to access the PSN store on my PS3 for over a year. I get to the front page and then the PS3 restarts.

Vita keeps timing out for me as well.

I have never seen something crash so badly from loading a store. It can run games like Uncharted & Metal Gear, but a digital store? I'm honestly afraid to ever access it because my PS3 could very well die from the crashing & resetting. What's worse is that the remote download from the web store never works either. My digital library is huge & this is unacceptable, especially since I can't access any of it on my PS4.

Fix your shit, Sony.

It's the same on PS3. They need to work that shit out. Maybe separate all the Plus stuff, demos and dlc in separate categories from the actual full games.

Blurry15

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. It has been happening with my Vita for a while now and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Figured it was me having faulty internet or something but I can rest easy knowing its not. Sony fix this!

kevin1025

Banned
Buy the complete edition of Motorstorm RC. It lists the game and all of the DLC for Vita AND PS3. I swear it's over 100+ spots on my download list.

brau

OP. You can always use PSN through your web browser. Thats where i manage most of my games. You can set them to download to a specific console too. Which is great. :)

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/home/main

I never use the PS Store on the vita. It was slow and tedious. Same for most of the ps4 and ps3. Ps3 being the biggest offender.

Catvoca

Banned
The vita store in General is just a mess, I constantly get timed out errors just searching for games. It's not updated nearly often enough in Europe either, and it's organised so badly. I hate using the store app at all, I pretty muh always use the web store now.

my trick is to scroll very scrolly and let the files finish loading, that always works for me or my vita is a g.

Yeah, for the OP's problem this totally works. You just have to scroll really slowly.

fernoca

Buy the complete edition of Motorstorm RC. It lists the game and all of the DLC for Vita AND PS3. I swear it's over 100+ spots on my download list.
Add that, along Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, Unchsrted stuff, LittleBigPlanet costumes and my Plus subscribed, so everything I got with Plus eill be on the top of the list when I renew.

Then the games and DLC...I'm a bit afraid actually. :p

krumble

Just experienced this a few days ago as haven't bought anything on vita a while, but persona 4 for $9 couldn't resist.. Bought it on the web store.. Went to the download list on the vita.. And although I got persona downloaded fairly easy the rest of my list faced the time out error

I thought it was my crappy broadband, turns out its crappy Sony instead :-(

Is this what they call "for the players"?

This is bullshit and probably doesn't fly legally if Sony's broken download lists are preventing you from accessing games/content you paid for.

The store search is kind of terrible. Try searching for Street Fighter Alpha 3. It brings up Alpha 2 and 3 for PS1 but can't find the PSP version.

I search "street fighter alpha", and I have Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max as the second result. Don't know if it's what you're looking for.

stuminus3

I usually use PSDLE, organize by platform and then download on the store by searching. It's the only realistic way for me to be able to download my PS+ games.
This is great, thanks! I didn't realise I could download directly to my Vita from a browser.

Top Bottom