• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Heaven 2 Electric Bugaloo 2/18 - Zero new games, massive price drop, Vita RIP

jgmo870

Banned
what baffles me is that the Vita was ever considered alive in the first place

the PSP was one of the greatest systems of all time and got so much grief, the vita is one of the worst and gets a free pass.

i said it earlier but almost the entire library of vita games consists of three things

-multiplatform games
-crap versions of ps3 games, normally made by "handheld developers"
-cheap knockoffs of exclusives from other systems (monster hunter being the biggest offender here)

The Vita gets a free pass because its first year library is much, much better than the PSP's and it already has exclusives that are better than the vast majority of PSP games.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So Dramatic. I am glad I didn't stay up for it, but I'm not really bothered by what I hear upon awaking.

The only thing I'd have liked to have truly heard would be info on Gravity Rush 2, but wouldn't expect that so soon really...

I hope we have something of an english equivalent soon, which will also hopefully announce some of these titles for the west. The Price drop is the right idea, especially if they continue to offer deals alongside it. I'd like to play some Gundam Breaker...

the PSP was one of the greatest systems of all time and got so much grief, the vita is one of the worst and gets a free pass.

i said it earlier but almost the entire library of vita games consists of three things

-multiplatform games
-cheap knockoffs of exclusives from other systems (monster hunter being the biggest offender here)

No. And as mentioned, many PSP games are playable and hopefully more to come. This makes the vita ultimately the better system. Not to mention the library so far. The tech is better, the software is better. If Sony can really push marketing the price cut will help drastically. They also need to consider memory card pricing. I have a 32gb and right now it's enough and was worth the cost, but I'd love to have the option to get more without feeling awful for buying at current prices.

Maedhros

-multiplatform games

image.php

Dunno what you are smoking dude. But it must be pretty good shit.

DiscoJer

The Vita gets a free pass because its first year library is much, much better than the PSP's and it already has exclusives that are better than the vast majority of PSP games.

I would disagree. There's nothing comparable to GTA or Star Wars Battlefront II, which were some of the first games I bought (along with the Untold Legends game). There's nothing comparable to GTA on the Vita, Battlefront II is better than any of the FPSes on the Vita, and ditto for Untold Legends, the only loot RPGs are a crap Gameloft game and Silent Hill, which isn't very good (based on the demo).

And on the racing front, there was Midnight Club and 2 NFS games, compared to just one NFS on the Vita.

Qvoth

jesus they still don't have a release date on dragon's crown?
and what's this about footage of numerous MH like games? there's no such link on the OP

LayLa

There were massive Vita price drops in EU for a couple of weeks before Xmas, didn't seem to make much difference to overall sales figures though (e.g. I got mine during this time from amazon.de for roughly £99). A price cut will be helpful but without games to back it up it would be ultimately futile.

Redhood

Oh man the sales of vita for the next two weeks are gonna be brutal! Lets see how low vita can go now! Cause only a fool would buy vita for the next 2 weeks prior to the price drop!

Foshy

Oh man the sales of vita for the next two weeks are gonna be brutal! Lets see how low vita can go now! Cause only a fool would buy vita for the next 2 weeks prior to the price drop!

3DS went down to 4k the week before the pricedrop, I can see 2-3k numbers for Vita this week.

DarkMehm

Yeah, the unofficial price here in Europe is 199€, but an official price cut still would lift sales quite a bit. When you go to a MediaMarkt or Saturn right now you still see the 249€ price point of the Vita and that alone puts off a lot of people, who are not as internet savvy as we are. Most just are not aware of the reduced price on the internet. Coupled with a few TV spots and that would help a lot more than just an unofficial price drop from Amazon or other internet shops.

Glass Rebel

Yeah, the unofficial price here in Europe is 199€, but an official price cut still would lift sales quite a bit. When you go to a MediaMarkt or Saturn right now you still see the 249€ price point of the Vita and that alone puts off a lot of people, who are not as internet savvy as we are. Most just are not aware of the reduced price on the internet. Coupled with a few TV spots and that would help a lot more than just an unofficial price drop from Amazon or other internet shops.

You're not giving people enough credit. Using price comparsion sites or eBay isn't rocket science and everybody I know does it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yeah, the unofficial price here in Europe is 199€, but an official price cut still would lift sales quite a bit.

No it wouldn't. The Vita needs games, a price cut on it's own won't help. Nobody is going to buy a platform without any attractive software just because it has a few euros knocked off.

If Sony are serious about the platform they need to do what Nintendo did, price cut combined with killer apps like Gran Turismo. Unfortunately it is now clear that they have nothing of that calibre in the pipeline, it's been a year since launch in the west and the first party prospects for the machine are dire. It's probably got the worst 2nd year first party slate of all the consoles the big 3 have put out, even the N64 and original Xbox had more impressive efforts.

Withnail

What is the price drop expressed as a percentage? It's the only thing that matters. Converting to/from other currencies is completely irrelevant.

XOMTOR

I guess I slept through this, just getting up to speed now. I take it that the 4G HDMI revision rumor was just that?

Withnail

Well based on the 20% figure:

(Amazon)

UK: £210 would become £170
US: $245 - $195
EU: €210 - €170

I was just using a £229 RRP but you're right.

If/when SCEE drop the EU price they might remove the RRP altogether the same way they did with the PS3. That might lead to some nice retailer deals later this year.

They really need to do something about the memory cards though.

Bullza2o

Just learned about what happened. This doesn't look good at all for Vita. If the Japanese announcements are like this, how much more will they neglect it during PS Meeting --and even E3 2013?

Top Bottom