• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita is dead, Long live Vita (production ending in 2019 possibly)

Its sonys fault look at psp game library with all big name series and look at vitas library.
The PSP came out before everyone and their mother owned a smartphone, at a very reasonable price point. The Vita was fighting in a market that was already by other technology, with a younger generation who had no interest in it because their phone could already do everything they wanted.

Without the games, it had nothing to help it stand out for the average consumer.

Aren117

Got one in 2012 with Persona 4 Golden. It had such good potential and a bunch of cool titles like Soul Sacrifice, Dokuro, Freedom Wars, TxK... And getting some games on the go was very novel. I mean, Final Fantasy X, MGS2 and 3, on my pocket...

But yeah, the Vita was a huge disappointment overall.

Still, if someone manages to get dropbox on there, I may use it for RetroArch...

scalman

Not sure. Vita didint get any famous series that psp had . mgs,gt,sh,re and so on.just for those games i would buy handheld if they woulf make new one

Mihos

Gold Member
Vita came out at a time I was doing a ton of international travel. Constant delays, missed connections, cancelations... I owe Vita my sanity during that time. I would love to see my total play statistics on that thing. I still replay a lot of my games, but usually split between Vita TV and the handheld.

I am still doing the travel, but it's a lot more laid back with less strict scheduling than that period, only now it is my GDP Win2 that gets me through the nights.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Farewell PS Vita.

https://www.theouterhaven.net/2019/03/playstation-vita-officially-ends-in-japan/

gravity-rush-12-30-14-1.png

Thank you for bring Gravity rush

sublimit

Banned
Vita was born as a child with tremendous potential and charisma but unfortunately it had the bad luck of having an abusive father who abandoned it and left it to die.

Farewell my friend your games will continue to keep me company for a very long time.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
SONY made it abundantly clear they weren’t able to focus on the Vita and I think gamers should be happy the PSP even got a sequel given how much backlash and needs gamers felt the PSP 2 needed to address (two joysticks, UMD etc) I believe they should have abandoned it years ago.

Top Bottom