• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita OS features trailer

KAL2006

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBU-ImmzaHg

some notable things I seen on the video
-Welcome Park (an app which has minigames to help folks get used to Vita's unique controls)
-Quick Navigation (some sort of way to navigate when multiple apps are open)
-Friend Network (have no idea what the hell this is, I think it is a downloadable game, which is similar to home)
-Home screen with custom wallpaper
-Messages pop up on main menu

Also here is an old video I think many have missed, it basically shows how you can customise the Vita OS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRhXggj294g&feature=player_embedded

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
KAL2006 said:
-Friend Network (have no idea what the hell this is, I think it is a downloadable game, which is similar to home)

It's Vita's Mainichi Issho thing, probably a lot simpler than home..if it has a lot of local content like the PS3 Mainichi Issho app it might not get a release in the west.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
God damn, that looks sexy. Can't wait to get one.

Am I the only one that looks at those hands and find them creepy... like thumbs too thin and long kinda creepy =S

WeirdThumbs.PNG

I mean... the PSVita is gorgeous but it is HUGE, and you're going to stretch a long way to fetch icons in the middle, but still, it's gorgeous!

Fezan

Necronomikon said:
Am I the only one that looks at those hands and find them creepy... like thumbs too thin and long kinda creepy =S

WeirdThumbs.PNG

I mean... the PSVita is gorgeous but it is HUGE, and you're going to stretch a long way to fetch icons in the middle, but still, it's gorgeous!
Japanese people usually have small hands

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Necronomikon said:

WeirdThumbs.PNG

Judging from the way he's holding it, the Vita is going to give me the same thumb joint pain the PSP gave me. :(

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The UI still looks like a mess. It'll probably be easy to use, though, so I'm not worried.

And I love how big the thing seems to be. Like, honestly. I mean it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looks really nice to me. Hard to believe that's the UI from a dedicated portable gaming device and not some smartphone or tablet.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Looks slick, but I'm slightly confused by the swiping left/right when they go into the video section/app. Swiping between pages looks a bit like windows phone 7, but then they swipe to go back to the main menu, and swipe again to go back into video. So an odd combination of moving around at the same level, and changing levels in the hierarchy

And I wonder why the wallpaper only applies to the specific screen you're on? There are only two, with similar things on so its not like they are thematically different to warrant separate wallpapers. Does the main screen expand as you add games, like the 3DS, or do games go under a bubble?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Sort of off topic.... but I can tether my phone. That's as good as getting the 3G version, right?

Gomu Gomu

I'll be damned if this isn't the sexiest gaming portable I've seen. Great to see that the sexy hardware design is completed with an even sexier OS.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Takao said:
No, as you still won't have a GPS chip in it.
I suppose I could buy the 3G Vita for the GPS, tether my phone, and not pay for additional 3G, right? Then it's the same, right?

Lesiroth

BocoDragon said:
I suppose I could buy the 3G Vita for the GPS, tether my phone, and not pay for additional 3G, right? Then it's the same, right?
Assuming the 3G version will be available unlocked/without a plan, it should be.

whitehawk

Banned
FYI those people are professional hand modellers. They may not play video games regularly. I noticed most of them are holding it incorrectly.

Top Bottom