• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

anyone in here play BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND on the vita. two questions how well does it play on the vita, and how long is the story?

random game recommendation... since I already recommended a space shooter for $2 earlier lets go with
CbPyu.jpg
this time.
it's a fun side scrolling shooter. Nothing amazing, but it's quite good for the price if you like the genre

anyone in here play BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND on the vita. two questions how well does it play on the vita, and how long is the story?
I don't have it on Vita, but I'd imagine that it plays pretty well(though it may be hard to do complex combos?) As for the story, it's better lengthy. Maybe... 7-10 hours if you don't skip the text and gets all the endings? Plus it has a bunch of other single player modes.

Anyone have a good Vita wallpaper for my Final Fantasy page. I found a nice Kingdom Hearts one (http://images.khinsider.com/Graphics/PSV Wallpapers/soravita.png), but there aren't any KH games on Vita.
Any specific Final Fantasy?

Skyzard

Banned
Great thread TE, nice one. Also that wakeup alarm clock screenshot...looks so good. Such a good idea that app.

Was playing Sonic Racing some more, some pretty trippy levels aswell as rather very impressive ones here, thankfully run great on the special modes like boost/drifting challenges:

rcYts.jpg

KFOuW.jpg

Death-star:
spIJ3.jpg

If you don't like how it looks in the screenshot, trust me it looks fantastic in motion - a tonne of detail in some of these levels.

And that portable charger I bought (Ankel Astro3e).. can't figure it out with the vita, keeps disconnecting.

Miutsu

So, I finally got my white Vita from USA from some family who were there for a week, but it has a tiny scratch on the top screen that can be seen when the system is on, from either the way they brought it back to me or from when I told my sister to check the system in case it had dead pixels or whatever.

First (third) world problems? yeah, I'm a little mad either way >_>

Oh well

Was playing Sonic Racing some more, some pretty trippy levels aswell as rather very impressive ones here, thankfully run great on the special modes like boost/drifting challenges

If you don't like how it looks in the screenshot, trust me it looks fantastic in motion - a tonne of detail in some of these levels.

This looks fantastic, the Vita might just be the platform that I actually dive into a kart racer again.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Great thread TE, nice one. Also that wakeup alarm clock screenshot...looks so good. Such a good idea that app.

Was playing Sonic Racing some more, some pretty trippy levels aswell as rather very impressive ones here, thankfully run great on the special modes like boost/drifting challenges:

That Samba Studios shot...damn. There's so much going on. Adder's Lair shots?

QP3

So i have been looking for vita deal ever since missing out on BF....

Just managed to place an order for the AC bundle through amazon warehouse deals for $185. Does anyone have experience with the amazon warehouse? (This is my first purchase through it...what should I expect for quality?)

Anyways, pretty excited! I also have $40 gift card...time to shop for some games!

zulux21

So i have been looking for vita deal ever since missing out on BF....

Just managed to place an order for the AC bundle through amazon warehouse deals for $185. Does anyone have experience with the amazon warehouse? (This is my first purchase through it...what should I expect for quality?)

Anyways, pretty excited! I also have $40 gift card...time to shop for some games!

i got my ps3 slim from AWD and it had a small scratch on the box and beyond that it was brand new.

the quality can range with AWD but in general I hear great things about their consoles from Cag. It really wouldn't be surprising if you got something that looked brand new even if their listing said it was only good.

the big thing is the description that they had with the system. they are usually pretty detailed about why it is listed as it is if there is anything wrong.

OmegaZero

The one in the cave. Took me another attempt to pass, but WTF who okay-ed that shit?

Ah yeah, that's the one. Took me two attempts as well, but I was straining not to toss my Vita out of the window.

1) Thanks to the Vita's d-pad, Blazblue plays extremely well on Vita. It looks almost indistinguishable from its console counterpart as well. 60fs, native res, but the sound quality is noticeably low when it comes to the standard grunts and yells.
2) The story is very lengthy. You have a story chapter for each character which lasts about 10-15 minutes each. Each of those has multiple paths and endings you can get, which at least triples the playtime there. Then you have the final "true" story which lasts about 10-15 minutes.

QP3

i got my ps3 slim from AWD and it had a small scratch on the box and beyond that it was brand new.

the quality can range with AWD but in general I hear great things about their consoles from Cag. It really wouldn't be surprising if you got something that looked brand new even if their listing said it was only good.

the big thing is the description that they had with the system. they are usually pretty detailed about why it is listed as it is if there is anything wrong.

THey actually described it as "Like New" and includes everything from original. My hope is someone jumped on the BF deal, but decided to return it.

I also noticed how I have not (since the past ~2 weeks) seen this bundle listed under the AWD. However, just today I have seen 4 of them. I wonder if they have finally gathered back BF returns and have had time to check them over and prepare them to resell.

zulux21

1) Thanks to the Vita's d-pad, Blazblue plays extremely well on Vita. It looks almost indistinguishable from its console counterpart as well. 60fs, native res, but the sound quality is noticeably low when it comes to the standard grunts and yells.
2) The story is very lengthy. You have a story chapter for each character which lasts about 10-15 minutes each. Each of those has multiple paths and endings you can get, which at least triples the playtime there. Then you have the final "true" story which lasts about 10-15 minutes.

ah cool... is it fine to start with that one or should I play a different one first. My only experiance with blazblue is a short time spent with the psp version with continuum shift 2, and I didn't mind it, but I know the games have a decent story and I am not sure what game has what story ><:

also I want to confirm that the vita version has the stylish style for fighitng... I am lame and prefer button mashing over real skill :p
THey actually described it as "Like New" and includes everything from original. My hope is someone jumped on the BF deal, but decided to return it.

I also noticed how I have not (since the past ~2 weeks) seen this bundle listed under the AWD. However, just today I have seen 4 of them. I wonder if they have finally gathered back BF returns and have had time to check them over and prepare them to resell.
it should be fine, worst case you can return it, but in general I rarely hear bad things about the consoles.
Chances of pirate warriors 2 getting localized?
I would guess 50/50 sadly as all both times it went on sale (NA or EU) most people in the blogs were WTH is this, and I haven't seen it on the top sellers list at all meaning it likely didn't sell amazingly.

personally I blame 4kids :/

Skyzard

Banned
Is it horrid or rare? It runs at native-res which is amazing.

Somewhere in between (not horrid though) .. most people seem to not much problem but some notice dips near the water sections. It's still very playable, just hoping for improvements.. gotta let S0l know :)

@Lyphen - uploaded some screenshots of the track for you (edited my previous post with pic-link).

OmegaZero

ah cool... is it fine to start with that one or should I play a different one first. My only experiance with blazblue is a short time spent with the psp version with continuum shift 2, and I didn't mind it, but I know the games have a decent story and I am not sure what game has what story ><:

also I want to confirm that the vita version has the stylish style for fighitng... I am lame and prefer button mashing over real skill :p

It has a refresher on Blazblue: Calamity Trigger's story, so you should be alright.
And yes, there is a "Stylish" mode that autocombos and simplifies the controls for you.

zulux21

In my dreams,
110% with dub and retail.

though I'm sure the first one sold like shit in NA so =/

I didn't help the sales in NA at all. If they had released it physically I would have preordered it, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it digitally.

I am hoping that the second one comes over and has co op. I don't mind the warriors games but I only really enjoy them playing co op with my wife, thus the lack of co op in pirate warriors was a deterrent to buying it

Takao

Banned
North America wasn't even the secondary market for One Piece Muso, chill and hope it sold well in Europe. Scamco did you guys a favour even releasing it on PSN. FMA: Brotherhood PSP, and Saint Seiya: Battle Sanctuary were localized only for EU.

hitmon

I didn't help the sales in NA at all. If they had released it physically I would have preordered it, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it digitally.

I am hoping that the second one comes over and has co op. I don't mind the warriors games but I only really enjoy them playing co op with my wife, thus the lack of co op in pirate warriors was a deterrent to buying it

Yup, going digital-only caused them to lose a sale from me as well. I really wanted it, but I just don't have the hard drive space. If 2 ever comes out to NA, it would most likely be digital only.

Jeels

This.

Why is Little Big Karting not on Vita?

I would be all over LBP Karting on Vita. :L Should have been one of the cross buy titles. Would have helped getting that community flourishing too if the levels were cross play.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
@Lyphen - uploaded some screenshots of the track for you (edited my previous post with pic-link).
So good. Minor framerate issues aside, I think we're in for a treat.

I'm already in love with the PS3 version. Best kart racer since Diddy Kong Racing.

abstemious

Neo Member

There is an option to catch up on the Blazblue story before you start the CS stories proper if you want. The Vita also has the Stylish mode, which is annoying online as I get destroyed by the people using it.

Yeah, I'm a gigantic One Piece fan so I had to gobble it up as soon as the store went live. I would have preferred retail, but I gotta live with the cards that are dealt... ):

And PW has co-op! Online and offline, I believe. I can check in a few minutes to see if it has offline, if you'd like.

EDIT: It does indeed have online and offline co-op!

Somewhere in between (not horrid though) .. most people seem to not much problem but some notice dips near the water sections. It's still very playable, just hoping for improvements.. gotta let S0l know :)

Well that sounds good, I would love to know when the patch comes out but it doesn't sound like a deal breaker. I may get this eventually, which will be kinda cool since this game looks like it's a lot of fun to begin with.

VanWinkle

random game recommendation... since I already recommended a space shooter for $2 earlier lets go with

this time.
it's a fun side scrolling shooter. Nothing amazing, but it's quite good for the price if you like the genre

I agree! It's really fun.

And that portable charger I bought (Ankel Astro3e).. can't figure it out with the vita, keeps disconnecting.

AWESOME screenshots Skyzard! Thanks! Almost looks like there might even be some motion blur if you look at the bottom of the track, at least in one of those shots (I may be wrong, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom