• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hello new thread :)

$5,99 Wild Arms appreciation top of the page screenshots:
1-PSD3D264.jpg

1-PSD3D357.jpg

zulux21

Yeah, I'm a gigantic One Piece fan so I had to gobble it up as soon as the store went live. I would have preferred retail, but I gotta live with the cards that are dealt... ):

And PW has co-op! Online and offline, I believe. I can check in a few minutes to see if it has offline, if you'd like.

EDIT: It does indeed have online and offline co-op!
oh... it wasn't advertised well at all. Is it just random missions co op or can you play the story co op?
North America wasn't even the secondary market for One Piece Muso, chill and hope it sold well in Europe. Scamco did you guys a favour even releasing it on PSN. FMA: Brotherhood PSP, and Saint Seiya: Battle Sanctuary were localized only for EU.

I didn't realize a FMA game was localized for the psp anywhere gotta look into that. I do plan to eventually import the EU version of pirate warriors, just hoping for a chance to get it for a bit cheaper. If it ever gets down to $20 or so on the PSN I will likely pick it up then.

As for a favor, As far as I can find the one piece games that were released in both NA and EU sold more copies in NA every time... not a ton more, and in general both sold poorly but still more. So unless an NA release is drastically more expensive it's not so much a favor as an intelligent business decision to release in both regions (given if it's already translated to english it takes very little extra work to convert it to NTSC), something namco seems to lack a lot of times lol.

wuh wuh wuh welcome toma
oh... it wasn't advertised well at all. Is it just random missions co op or can you play the story co op?
There was advertising for the game? :p

You can't co-op the Main Log as far as I know, but Another Log is fair game. Another Log is basically the other characters' stories(which is just setup like a normal Musou game where you choose a character and go through the story from their POV, but can use any character on any level when it's unlocked). The screen is split vertically, which I don't really like since it limits everything you can see on your screen...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
wuh wuh wuh welcome toma

Haha, thanks. I wasnt at home for ONE day, and in that day you finish up the last thread with 4 pages and filled 5 pages of the new one. Lovely to see these threads moving fast, though. :)

Also:

Uncharted: Fight For Fortune is a tedious god damn game. I wish it didn't make me touch the screen and load every time I start a turn and the animations should be a lot quicker. I find it that you don't really need to pay attention on your opponent's turn since only the situation on your turn is what matters. There is no need for me to spend 15+ seconds to get information I can get within two seconds of observing the cards on the board when my turn begins. One solution would be to cut the card animations altogether to make it faster paced than the game currently is. The mechanics are too simple for you to take too much time thinking your move anyway.

I agree with you on a fundamental level. I am trying to get a hold of the devs and want to ask them for some additions to the game to make it go faster, but its certainly not "too simple". Some of my moves took a great deal of time to consider because I am starting to plan 3-4 moves ahead already. Cant really blame you though, its easy to mistake that at first. I guarantee you that you wont win against a player who is carefully planning his moves.

zulux21

wuh wuh wuh welcome toma

There was advertising for the game? :p

You can't co-op the Main Log as far as I know, but Another Log is fair game. Another Log is basically the other characters' stories(which is just setup like a normal Musou game where you choose a character and go through the story from their POV, but can use any character on any level when it's unlocked). The screen is split vertically, which I don't really like since it limits everything you can see on your screen...

Ah I see, either way at this point I will likely wait to see what 2 ends up doing before i bite on one. I wouldn't be surprised if PW2 had almost all of the content from one and just added the missing arcs, some new characters and a new arc or two. Which if that is the case I will just get that... worst case it doesn't get localized and I just pick up the japanese version. It's not like I don't already know the story to one piece.

vdlow

I going through Mutant Blobs Attack now (great game, having a lot of fun) and everytime I look at a billboard in the scenario I do this:

tumblr_mb0zzokSDt1rhaohoo2_500.gif

They put some good puns in this game.

Takao

Banned
I didn't realize a FMA game was localized for the psp anywhere gotta look into that. I do plan to eventually import the EU version of pirate warriors, just hoping for a chance to get it for a bit cheaper. If it ever gets down to $20 or so on the PSN I will likely pick it up then.

As for a favor, As far as I can find the one piece games that were released in both NA and EU sold more copies in NA every time... not a ton more, and in general both sold poorly but still more. So unless an NA release is drastically more expensive it's not so much a favor as an intelligent business decision to release in both regions (given if it's already translated to english it takes very little extra work to convert it to NTSC), something namco seems to lack a lot of times lol.

One Piece is more popular in Europe than in North America. The show is still on TV in many of those countries, which is why a few of the DS, and Wii games were only released in Japan, and Europe. As for the FMA PSP game, it was Fullmetal Alchemist: Senka wo Takuseshi Mono or as Bandai Namco put it:

12WmH.jpg

They never localized the PSP RPG though. : /

PaulLFC

11m Netflix ‏@Netflixhelps
@Paul_LFC Hi Paul - Our mistake. We were informed that the Vita was supported in UK, but it turns out it is not yet supported.

We will update you as soon as we get confirmation that the device is officially supported and the application is in the UK store.

Fucks sake. We're never getting it are we?

Toma

11m Netflix ‏@Netflixhelps
@Paul_LFC Hi Paul - Our mistake. We were informed that the Vita was supported in UK, but it turns out it is not yet supported.

We will update you as soon as we get confirmation that the device is officially supported and the application is in the UK store.

Fucks sake. We're never getting it are we?

Sony app transfer headquarters, for the new thread:

I want those discovery apps :(

zulux21

One Piece is more popular in Europe than in North America. The show is still on TV in many of those countries, which is why a few of the DS, and Wii games were only released in Japan, and Europe. As for the FMA PSP game, it was Fullmetal Alchemist: Senka wo Takuseshi Mono or as Bandai Namco put it:

http://i.imgur.com/12WmH.jpg[IMG]

They never localized the PSP RPG though. : /[/QUOTE]

the show might still be on tv, but that doesn't mean the games sell any better. The One Piece DVDs actually sell really well in NA, regularly in the top 20 on amazon for anime sales usually only behind DBZ and ghibli movies. So just because it isn't on TV here doesn't mean it doesn't have a decent following. There is no solid proof one way or another which has a bigger fanbase though EU or NA so hopefully in general it's popular enough that we get pirate warriors in both NA and EU.

thanks for the psp info though ^^

Takao

Banned
I don't want it to be English dub. It shouldn't be that hard to just sub it like the first one right?

It costs money to license voice acting, translate the game, get Omega Force to apply the English translation, and send the game through QA again.

Noi

I don't want it to be English dub. It shouldn't be that hard to just sub it like the first one right?

Tecmo Koei opened the floodgates to undubbed PSN releases with Warriors Orochi 3. Since it's Namco, I highly doubt they'll take the route that actually requires some effort on their part.

Toma

Yeah, I am just not huge into most Japanese games. I will be interested in seeing how it turns out, though, and I could very well end up getting it.

Ah okay. I can see that somewhat. Not yet convinced of the quality of the whole game either, but damn has it an amazing potential.. Really interested in seeing how that will turn out.

Probably, yes. Depending on the seiyuu that are in it, it could cost more than a dub.

Tecmo Koei opened the floodgates to undubbed PSN releases with Warriors Orochi 3. Since it's Namco, I highly doubt they'll take the route that actually requires some effort on their part.
why are you still here

NOI GET THE HELL OFF THE INTERNET ALREADY

Takao

Banned
There were some PSP Flight Sims only released in Europe. Pilot Academy, IL-2 Birds of Prety and Battle Over the Pacific.

I think IL-2 was released in North America. I remember seeing a non-Ace Combat plane game on PSN for PSP once.

Vodh

So glad there is a Little Big Planet trial around, almost dropped 30 quid on a game i would have hated. It's a nice little game, don't get me wrong, but every time I get anything less than 100% stuff in a level it makes me mad, and multiple playthroughs don't seem appealing.

If Sony doesn't fix this fucking glitch. The vita touch screen and buttons stops working when you awaken it from sleep. You have to hold the power button down and fully cut the vita off in order to fix it.

Toma

Errr does anyone here speak Japanese ?

Would be nice to know what you might be asking about before someone comes out and gets dragged into a task :p

I dont, but someone here does. If he is interested in helping you.

Skyzard

Banned
Skyzard, add me on PSN.
Want to test MP :p

PSN: Twind404

Just sent over a friend request - forgot to do it earlier today, just about to sleep though, gotta pack early tomorrow but will be up for some games for sure, yet to play online.

AWESOME screenshots Skyzard! Thanks! Almost looks like there might even be some motion blur if you look at the bottom of the track, at least in one of those shots (I may be wrong, though).

Thanks, they were some great levels - really pop nicely on the vita. I was actually thinking the exact same thing about motion blur on the bottom, nice for a sense of speed - although it could just be the texture in that picture..but the effect is there in-game anyway. Not overdone at all. It actually has some really impressive moments, I'm pleased and enjoying it, loving firing it up.

Well that sounds good, I would love to know when the patch comes out but it doesn't sound like a deal breaker. I may get this eventually, which will be kinda cool since this game looks like it's a lot of fun to begin with.

No clue myself but will update if I get a response about it...it's still pretty early so I doubt they'll say anything yet unless people let them know, which will probably be more likely when it releases in NA but maybe not as it's not extreme or anything.

Also just got the portable charger to actually charge my vita properly..tbc

wilflare

thing I'm hoping them port over
Dark Cloud
Star Ocean (or Tales of Series) all these type of games would be awesome on the Vita

Signed up for PSO2 beta today. Kind of a hassle changing regions on the same card :(

Too much of a hassle. I have no clue why Sony changed it in an update, but I guess that's Sony for you.

The signup actually doesn't download anything so in theory you could do it without a memory card at all.

I think I heard they have more signups than beta spots so beta invites will be awarded via email by lottery.

crinale

Errr does anyone here speak Japanese ?

Is this a good translation

This class wields halberd and is one of the classes you can choose from beginning of the game.
While the damage is mediocre, if you are at the front line of the party you can attack all enemies at the front line at once. You can also attack one enemy at the front line from back line.
The wide attack range, in conjunction with the relatively high defense, makes this class very easy to use.

beast786

I'm trying to buy through my Vita's PSN Store but I've tried for a couple of days now and every time I click "Confirm Purchase" it gives me the following error:

"The connection to the server has been lost
(NP-2244-2)"

When I click suggested actions from there it tells me:

"If you cannot connect to Sony Entertainment Network, check the status of Sony Entertainment Network at the Sony Computer Entertainment Website for your region."

Updates and store works only when I press confirm purchase

Toma

thing I'm hoping them port over
Dark Cloud
Star Ocean (or Tales of Series) all these type of games would be awesome on the Vita
Man, so many great PS2 RPGs they could port.

VanWinkle

I'm trying to buy through my Vita's PSN Store but I've tried for a couple of days now and every time I click "Confirm Purchase" it gives me the following error:

"The connection to the server has been lost
(NP-2244-2)"

When I click suggested actions from there it tells me:

"If you cannot connect to Sony Entertainment Network, check the status of Sony Entertainment Network at the Sony Computer Entertainment Website for your region."

Updates and store works only when I press confirm purchase

Huh. That's weird.

cyborg009

Banned
This class wields halberd and is one of the classes you can choose from beginning of the game.
While the damage is mediocre, if you are at the front line of the party you can attack all enemies at the front line at once. You can also attack one enemy at the front line from back line.
The wide attack range, in conjunction with the relatively high defense, makes this class very easy to use.

Google Translation wasn't too bad...I think I just try and get someone else to translate the rest for me.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom