• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | April 2013 | Sacrifice your Independent Soul

nampad

I'm thinking of picking up a pinball game, and I've never really played before. Which of the two on the Vita is better -- Zen Pinball or Pinball Arcade?

Pinball Arcade is using real tables and has some of the most famous pinball tables as DLC. Zen Pinball 2 is using fantasy tables. Because of that I think Pinball Arcade is cooler but to be honest I don't know anyhing about pinball and haven't played them much although I own both.

edit: my top of the page recommendation is LittleBigPlanet. My favorite franchise and the Vita entry is great. Doesn't seem to get much recognition here.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Wall of Shame from March:

jnoNgDj8QP6Jn.JPG

I don't think I will ever leave the wall.
Especially not because one of the posters in that list has said they are going to sell their Vita. So a different poster will be promoted.

cyborg009

Banned
Toto, but I think that was more joking/annoyance at the lack of AAA titles.

I kinda do feel his pain. I bought a 250 dollar handheld that suppose to be a console on the go. It suddenly became a indie machine and a accessory to a home console.

zulux21

There's a few people we'd probably get along just fine without, should they sell their Vita and leave these threads forever. I can think of 2-3 off the top of my head. ;)

but if I sold my vita who would pimp out the binding of isaac, everyone always seems to forget it's coming :/

but if I sold my vita who would pimp out the binding of isaac, everyone always seems to forget it's coming :/

Binding of Isaac could be awesome. I just hope they don't pick an awful art style for the new graphics.

And you weren't one of the 2-3 that I thought of immediately. ;)

Jamix012

Totobeni selling his Vita? Will his posts stop on this topic then?

I would welcome it initially but I feel after a while a Toto shaped hole would form. Who would be there to incorrectly inform people about P3P? I shudder to think about a day when i can praise the game without being Toto'd.

I'm really excited for binding of isaac on vita but we've got what like 1 screenshot? I'm waiting for gameplay videos or a release date or something. Otherwise the wait is just grueling.

VanWinkle

Especially not because one of the posters in that list has said they are going to sell their Vita. So a different poster will be promoted.

True. Ol' Toto will be no more.

#3? I'm tied with you. >.>

So we are equally awesome then.

I'll be getting Thomas Was Alone!

...Due to PS+. But I was gonna get it anyways.

Good, good. I wonder if US will get it free on PS+ now that you mention it. I guess we'll see tomorrow. I'll get it regardless, but still.

I'll be getting it.

Good, Bertle. You had a heck of a month of purchases so this will continue the trend.

VanWinkle Was Alone.

:( How are you liking escapeVektor?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Huh, I thought Totobeni hated the Vita, so I wasn't surprised by this.

zulux21

I'm really excited for binding of isaac on vita but we've got what like 1 screenshot? I'm waiting for gameplay videos or a release date or something. Otherwise the wait is just grueling.

when ever i feel the urge rising i just start up the pc version, though I understand that not everyone has the PC that can run crysis at max required to actually run isaac smoothly ><;

I'm going to lose so much time when it's on the vita as I will be able to easily multitask with it that way.

Looking forward to Guacamelee, it looks really interesting

as am I, and since if I recall right it's cross buy I will actually end up with a copy on the vita, so I guess there is that for me to get on my vita this month, I will just play it on the ps3 so I can do it co op with my wife.

VanWinkle

Pinball Arcade is using real tables and has some of the most famous pinball tables as DLC. Zen Pinball 2 is using fantasy tables. Because of that I think Pinball Arcade is cooler but to be honest I don't know anyhing about pinball and haven't played them much although I own both.

edit: my top of the page recommendation is LittleBigPlanet. My favorite franchise and the Vita entry is great. Doesn't seem to get much recognition here.

Nice recommendation. You're right that the game isn't talked about much here, but it is indeed fantastic.

when ever i feel the urge rising i just start up the pc version, though I understand that not everyone has the PC that can run crysis at max required to actually run isaac smoothly ><;

I'm going to lose so much time when it's on the vita as I will be able to easily multitask with it that way.

The PC version while great frustrates me because in the later levels it starts to lag pretty bad. Flash stuff hates my computer. Flash crashes on Chrome like once a day for whatever reason.

I want more info on a release date besides "Late 2013" and some gameplay videos.

OmegaZero

Aw, Toto will be missed. I honestly enjoyed reading his posts.

I'm excited for it, actually. I've never played the game before and the new additions make it sound like it'll be the definitive version.
I'm especially excited for the local co-op, since a friend of mine is also getting the game.

zulux21

The PC version while great frustrates me because in the later levels it starts to lag pretty bad. Flash stuff hates my computer. Flash crashes on Chrome like once a day for whatever reason.

I want more info on a release date besides "Late 2013" and some gameplay videos.

im hoping the new version plays smoothly. my wife's computer can play borderlands 2 on medium smoothly, but she can't play isaac without slowdown even early on :/

I'm hoping that late 2013 is oct, so far nothing that I am interested in seems to be coming out then, and i don't want it to happen the same month the ps4 comes out as I might get one, especially if they manage to have vs13 be a launch title for the ps4 (against all odds) It's a shame that this nov won't be a typical nov otherwise I would know nothing of interest was coming out for me as it would just be a bunch of AAA games that I can't be bothered to care about anymore until they drop to $10 a few months later lol, of course sony could make a few announcements for the ps4 that would ensure I wouldn't get one right away and make nov boring for me anyways.

I'm excited for it, actually. I've never played the game before and the new additions make it sound like it'll be the definitive version.
I'm especially excited for the local co-op, since a friend of mine is also getting the game.

I don't suppose you have a gaming PC?

ZeroAKA

I thought Toto was just exaggerating when he said he was going to sell his Vita.

I'm excited for The Binding of Isaac too. I couldn't get into the PC version because the controls annoyed me and I was too lazy to figure out a way to hook it up to a controller. The Vita seems like the perfect platform for it though.

OmegaZero

I don't suppose you have a gaming PC?

At the moment, nope.
It is currently in Colorado, and I'm currently in California.
I was planning on picking it up once I visit my family in the summer.

Awww yea April is here:
SS day 1

Also, new thread new options:

I'll bite as someone who has both:

Totori Plus is very charming and looks great (dat native res and AA). The gameplay focuses heavily on the crafting and time management aspects, so if that doesn't sound fun to you, then the game will get repetitive. The story is interesting in that it's not *insert-name-here* is chosen to save the world from *insert-disaster/villian-here*.
You control Totori, a young girl who wants to become an adventurer to find out what happened to her mom, who disappeared years ago.
The game is less about the combat and party management and more about character interactions and alchemy.

Dead or Alive is less charming, more titillating, and looks a bit worse during gameplay (dat sub-native res). As a fighting game, it plays very well and fights between skilled opponents always look like martial arts movies (truly living up to the "fighting entertainment" tagline). There's a variety of modes to choose from (including an indepth training mode and stellar tutorial). The story is pretty campy and nonsensical, like all Team Ninja games.
The online takes forever to find someone to fight (at least for me), which hurts the replay value for me.
I will say that it's one of those games that anyone can jump into and have fun with, but that also takes dedication to master. Very nice learning curve imo.

zulux21

You don't need a "gaming" pc for binding of isaac. It'll run on your microwave.

you need a full gaming rig if you want it to play smoothly, anything less and you have to deal with a lot of slowdown. I think it's the most demanding indie game I own, as I can't think of any other indie game I have that requires more power than borderlands 2 on medium to run smoothly... and this is coming from someone who can't be bothered to tell the difference between 30 and 60fps :/

It's why I am really hoping that the new version plays smoothly, and that the pc version is actually only as demanding as it should be.

OmegaZero

You don't need a "gaming" pc for binding of isaac. It'll run on your microwave.

Which is more powerful then my laptop I'm assuming (dat Intel HD Graphics 3000). :b

you need a full gaming rig if you want it to play smoothly, anything less and you have to deal with a lot of slowdown. I think it's the most demanding indie game I own, as I can't think of any other indie game I have that requires more power than borderlands 2 on medium to run smoothly... and this is coming from someone who can't be bothered to tell the difference between 30 and 60fps :/

It's why I am really hoping that the new version plays smoothly, and that the pc version is actually only as demanding as it should be.

Ouch.
Yeah I'll wait for Rebirth.

zulux21

Which is more powerful then my laptop I'm assuming (dat Intel HD Graphics 3000). :b
Ouch.
Yeah I'll wait for Rebirth.

to be fair, the slowdown actually makes the game easier and it's not really a huge hindrance, you don't really notice how horrible it is until you go from a pc that can't run it smoothly to a Pc that can. I'm expecting the vita version to run smoothly which is going to be jarring for some players that are used to the slowdown.

I'm really hoping that rebirth allows you to change whether the expansion and new content are active in the game. the expansion made the game harder, and items more rare thus it was harder to get people into the game with the expansion installed, so another expansion worth of content will likely only make that worse :/

OmegaZero

to be fair, the slowdown actually makes the game easier and it's not really a huge hindrance, you don't really notice how horrible it is until you go from a pc that can't run it smoothly to a Pc that can. I'm expecting the vita version to run smoothly which is going to be jarring for some players that are used to the slowdown.

I'm really hoping that rebirth allows you to change whether the expansion and new content are active in the game. the expansion made the game harder, and items more rare thus it was harder to get people into the game with the expansion installed, so another expansion worth of content will likely only make that worse :/

I remember reading that they're rebalancing the game, so maybe that'll include drop rates for items. The difficulty should be more accessible at least.

I know the feel. Even worse, I'm on a Mac.

I feel your feel, Vitabro. :(

Awesome work grim! 2 huge releases this month. should be wonderful.

on a vita related note - i finally plat'd Plants vs. Zombies.... god damn it took SO long to get the final plant in the zen garden....i had to replay survival day hard over 5 times through till I finally got 1 plant.

hmmm - now i can get back to just playing games.. what to play what to play.

zulux21

Awesome work grim! 2 huge releases this month. should be wonderful.

on a vita related note - i finally plat'd Plants vs. Zombies.... god damn it took SO long to get the final plant in the zen garden....i had to replay survival day hard over 5 times through till I finally got 1 plant.

hmmm - now i can get back to just playing games.. what to play what to play.
obviously you should get pixel junk monsters and attempt to rainbow every level
assuming the psp version has all of the content of the ps3 version that will take nearly forever as the third island is a random level generator lol

Top Bottom