• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

I've been wanting to ask about that game, is it an rpg or action game? Mind posting what you like about it?

X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance type game. Probably exactly What you would expect. I have an unconditional love for DC so I can't speak to its quality without being totally biased haha.

Top of the page:
Support PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale!! It's great fun with friends

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I bought What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2 on my Vita due to GAF recommendations because I was even a member, but errm... could someone pretty please explain to me how to actually play it?

I'm sure I'm not reading the tutorials properly lol.

I can offer you this post from me:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44392418&postcount=8513

Probably not all that helpful but maybe my ramblings do serve a purpose. Unfortunately, havent written a "tutorial" yet, although I definitely played more since I wrote that post.

H3xum

Woohoo

Ok, I officially did it and bought a Vita and a sub to psn+

I think I'm going to have to pony up for at least an 8gb if not a 16gb card.

My plan as it stands now (if possible) is to get all of my PS1 games and their saves off of my PS3 and stick it and PSN games on the 4gb card. Hopefully I can then take the saves off of the Vita and shove them on the cloud. I'll then reserve my 8gb card for PSV games and just swap them out accordingly from PC/Vita when I want to play them.

So what are the killer titles? I already picked up Persona 4 and AC:Liberation

I can offer you this post from me:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44392418&postcount=8513

Probably not all that helpful but maybe my ramblings do serve a purpose. Unfortunately, havent written a "tutorial" yet, although I definitely played more since I wrote that post.

Thanks, I thought I had the game down but a couple levels later nothing was going right so I gave up, haha.

There was a new Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 trailer today, but no mention of Vita in the logos (or Wii U either)... I'm guessing that games is and maybe was never coming to Vita even though it's been listed for a while?

My plan as it stands now (if possible) is to get all of my PS1 games and their saves off of my PS3 and stick it and PSN games on the 4gb card. Hopefully I can then take the saves off of the Vita and shove them on the cloud. I'll then reserve my 8gb card for PSV games and just swap them out accordingly from PC/Vita when I want to play them.

You realize you'd probably fit like six PS1 games on that 4GB card at best and maybe 2 PSV games on an 8GB card?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Woohoo

I'd highly recommend looking at a few Indie games (which are also usually smaller than retail games):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48531642&postcount=12151

Ps1 game sizes on average are 400-500 MB (if not a FF) and PSVita games range from 2-4 gb usually.

Woohoo

Super Star Dust is a good one to get. Its only a couple hundred MBs if I remember right. I think its half off too, which makes it under $5.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Woohoo

Congrats.

Games to buy
Persona 4 Golden (but you already have it,good man)
Gravity Rush
Dokuro
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Stranger's Wrath
WipEout 2048
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
New Little King's Story
Mutant Blobs Attack

Games that you should never ever buy..ever (because they are crap )
Resistance: Burning Skies
Ragnarok Odyssey
Retro City Rampage
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Little Deviants
Reality Fighters
Chronovolt
Persona 3 Portable (PSP section)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP section)

Toma

Congrats.

Games to buy
Persona 4 Golden (but you already have it..good man)
Gravity Rush
Dokuro
Stranger's Wrath
WipEout 2048
Uncharted Golden Abyss
New Little King's Story
Mutant Blobs Attack

Ragnarok Odyssey
Retro City Rampage
Little Deviants
Reality Fighters
Chronovolt

Aside from the occasional P3P running gag, that... is a somewhat decent post. I am proud of you Toto :)

Asturie

Congrats.

Games to buy
Persona 4 Golden (but you already have it..good man)
Gravity Rush
Dokuro
Stranger's Wrath
WipEout 2048
Uncharted Golden Abyss
New Little King's Story
Mutant Blobs Attack

Ragnarok Odyssey
Retro City Rampage
Little Deviants
Reality Fighters
Chronovolt

What's so bad about persona 3 and MHFU? I've heard good things about both.

Dec

You realize you'd probably fit like six PS1 games on that 4GB card at best and maybe 2 PSV games on an 8GB card?

It isn't that bad. I can fit everything I am currently playing on my 8GB, don't really have a need for multiple 3GB+ games as I'm usually focused on beating that one then back up my saves to PS+ and uninstall for the next.

1 3GB+ game, bunch of TV shows, podcasts, and a handful of smaller sub 1GB games is pretty sufficient for what I use my Vita for.

Toma

P3P is a decent game that cuts some things from the console version, making it subjectively an inferior version of the game which annoys some people.

Its far from being BAD however.

And MHFU is a fun game that Toto doesnt like. You should learn to ignore negative posts by Toto overall :p The games Toto likes, are usually actually good though.

Congrats.

Games to buy
Gravity Rush
Dokuro
Stranger's Wrath
WipEout 2048
Uncharted Golden Abyss
New Little King's Story
Mutant Blobs Attack

Ragnarok Odyssey
Retro City Rampage
Little Deviants
Reality Fighters
Chronovolt

congrats toto - you removed yourself from my ignore list. consider yourself on probation.

today is a good day.

Dec

Congrats.

Games to buy
Gravity Rush
Dokuro
Stranger's Wrath
WipEout 2048
Uncharted Golden Abyss
New Little King's Story
Mutant Blobs Attack

Ragnarok Odyssey
Retro City Rampage
Little Deviants
Reality Fighters
Chronovolt

Hey Toto, what's that game (PS one?) you always recommend?

Asturie

P3P is a decent game that cuts some things from the console version, making it subjectively an inferior version of the game which annoys some people.

Its far from being BAD however.

And MHFU is a fun game that Toto doesnt like. You should learn to ignore negative posts by Toto overall :p The games Toto likes, are usually actually good though.

I own the console version of P3 but never played it. Had actually planned on buying P3P after beating P4G because I wanted another handheld jrpg. Would you suggest just sticking with the regular console version?

Woohoo

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified
Unit 13
Little Big Planet
Hustle Kings
PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale
Pure Chess
Rocketbirds: Hard Boiled Chicken
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection

Are all fun games.

Toma

I own the console version of P3 but never played it. Had actually planned on buying P3P after beating P4G because I wanted another handheld jrpg. Would you suggest just sticking with the regular console version?

Depends on how important portability is to you. I think P3 on console is the game I would prefer because of the production values and the walk around (city exploration is just menues on PSP). The stories/cutscenes etc are better on PS2/cut on PSP. However, the PSP version offers a female main character and the option to steer all party members instead of non-main character autofight.

Some prefer the PSP version for these advantages, but I'd go with P3FES (PS2).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

P3P is a complete ripoff, it's a butchered port where the original vision is all but gone, and is now a shitty point and click and not only that, not only the removed the world but there are cutscenes gone and the new intro sucks too, overall it's lesser Persona experience and you and everyone else should not buy it.

MH, is an outdated repetitive grind-fest,no story and no characters. boring game play with really shitty combat system and fulll of useless and the same quests over and over again, bad and soulless environment and horrendous single player experience(it's not better with other..unless if you play while drinking to forget about it), the leveling system, segmented areas are really bad and why they still keep them in MH games is beyond me.

did i just read someone not recommend the best MH game ever made?

best turd is still a turd.

I wouldn't buy any native Vita games from PSN right now (except what is 25% off and 50% off for Plus members) because it sure looks like next Tuesday another 13 titles will go on sale and one last 13 titles the week after that.

Toma

P3P is a complete ripoff, it's a butchered port where the original vision is all but gone, and is now a shitty point and click and not only that, not only the removed the world but there are cutscenes gone and the new intro sucks too, overall it's lesser Persona experience and you and everyone else should not buy it.

MH, is an outdated repetitive grind-fest,no story and no characters. boring game play with really shitty combat system and fulll of useless and the same quests over and over again, bad and soulless environment and horrendous single player experience(it's not better with other..unless if you play while drinking to forget about it), the leveling system, segmented areas are really bad and why they still keep them in MH games is beyond me.

best turd is still a turd.

You should take it slow, you just lowered your "users that block you" by one. Dont make it worse again! You showed progress!

Alright, got Legend of Dragoon. Got my brother bringing his PS3 over so I can download it. Just have to plug in the Vita and copy it over right?

Wow.

I don't want to encourage people to play that game, but you seem nice, so yeah.

Download Legend of Dragoon in bubble form.
Connect Vita to PS3 and use Content Mananger.
Install game.
????
Have fun.

marrec

Banned
Depends on how important portability is to you. I think P3 on console is the game I would prefer because of the production values and the walk around (city exploration is just menues on PSP). The stories/cutscenes etc are better on PS2/cut on PSP. However, the PSP version offers a female main character and the option to steer all party members instead of non-main character autofight.

Having played all versions of P3, I'd say P3P is the best. Could be that by the time I played P3P I didn't need to see the cut scenes anymore and the town exploration (if you can call it that) got really boring. A streamlined version of P3 on the go was exactly what I wanted.

Asturie

Hmm might stick with FES then, and if I really enjoy it buy P3P for the female character.

Toma

Having played all versions of P3, I'd say P3P is the best. Could be that by the time I played P3P I didn't need to see the cut scenes anymore and the town exploration (if you can call it that) got really boring. A streamlined version of P3 on the go was exactly what I wanted.

Yeah, thats why I said others preferred it :) I preferred the console version for my first time through however since it felt like the more "complete" game.

And now I just prefer P4 on Vita and end. Glad we can at least agree on that in this thread :p

marrec

Banned
Hmm might stick with FES then, and if I really enjoy it buy P3P for the female character.

If you've never played P3 before then I'd suggest FES. The cut scenes really are worth the hassle of AI controlled team mates. Once you've played through FES though, never again play the inferior version and get P3P.

Toma

Wow.

Install game.
????
Have fun.

Huh? Not if his brother has a different account (which I assume he has).

You can only download games that have been bought on the SAME psn account.

Is this really that bad? The review scores were low, but what I read in the actual review text sounded like something I'd enjoy.

It's okay. It lacks loot (in a dungeon crawler, blah) and it can get a bit repetitive. Fun if you can get a co-op game going. Get it cheap if you really want it.

Toma

It's okay. It lacks loot (in a dungeon crawler, blah) and it can get a bit repetitive. Fun if you can get a co-op game going. Get it cheap if you really want it.

Interested in looking into that game as well as some point (Same with the Doctor Who game). Did it ever get a demo?

Dec

Wow.

Install game.
????
Have fun.

Hmm I had no idea that game was looked back on poorly. It was one of my favorite games when I was younger. I replayed it on PC a year or so ago and thought it was still pretty good. Thanks for the guide though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
congrats toto - you removed yourself from my ignore list. consider yourself on probation.

today is a good day.

tumblr_mew1uyc2Iz1rje8eao4_250.gif

Hey Toto, what's that game (PS one?) you always recommend?

Folklore (aka game of the generation ) is a PS3 game.

unless you mean Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure (PSP)

Is this really that bad? The review scores were low, but what I read in the actual review text sounded like something I'd enjoy.

It's a broken game,broken combat and controls with horrible load times, a dungeon crawler SH game can work but not with all the problems here.

Dec

Huh? Not if his brother has a different account (which I assume he has).

You can only download games that have been bought on the SAME psn account.

My brother doesn't use the PS3, and doesn't have wireless internet. He actually bought it off me so he does use the same account, just never connected to the net.

Interested in looking into that game as well as some point (Same with the Doctor Who game). Did it ever get a demo?

Silent Hill? Yeah, I thought the demo was pretty cool. It's pretty lengthy. Some minor character customisation and two decently long levels + first boss fight.

I'm sure the full game would be quite fun if VitaGAF wanted to run through it sometime.

Toma

Silent Hill? Yeah, I thought the demo was pretty cool. It's pretty lengthy. Some minor character customisation and two decently long levels + first boss fight.

I'm sure the full game would be quite fun if VitaGAF wanted to run through it sometime.

Hmm, I'll check out the demo in preparation for a possible PSN sale then.

Top Bottom