• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

RoKKeR

"Bioshock Vita". lol

Nice work, Ken.

Ken-Levine-Briefly-Talks-BioShock-Vita.jpg

Carl

"Bioshock Vita". lol

Nice work, Ken.

Ken-Levine-Briefly-Talks-BioShock-Vita.jpg

Still maintain that he looks like a gorilla.

Should we expect some announcements on Destination Playstation?

No. Destination Playstation is an event for retailers about upcoming games. There may be a few leaks (last year we got leaks of LittleBigPlanet Karting and God of War Ascension) but no "announcements" as such.

Takao

Banned
Is it a good idea to give their most succesful handeld IP to their direct rival (IOS/Android)?

A TCG game with Augmented reality. Colour me interested. I hope your watching Konami. We need a Yugioh game like this.

Can you translate what is happening in the video and why it's on iOS and Android.

I suspect it's on iOS/Android in addition to PSP/Vita due to stipulations with Panini. They'll be releasing over 470 cards in this set, and making it an app focused game exclusive to PSP/Vita isn't a good idea right now. PSP is not a networked device, heck Sony even sells ones that removed online functionality in Europe. There are likely not enough Vita owners in Spain/Portugal to go exclusive either.

See this as an ad, ala Pokedex 3D being on iOS. It's not a true Invizimals game, but a diversion that allows those who don't own a PSP/Vita to experience the IP. Novarama apparently didn't release an Invizimals in 2012 because the studio wants to make the next one special, it's obvious that the next one will be for Vita.

I mention Portugal/Spain earlier because the PSP games have sold over 600,000 units just in those two countries. The TCG and its app is only planned for those markets.

B.O.O.M

Those screens are from mercenary or killzone 3?

Merc!

It's so damn tiny but it looks so good!

and new Logo for Tearaway!? hngg bring on the media sony

Edit: they did say this was the KZ3 Engine ;) It will look amazing for sure

Sid

Merc!

It's so damn tiny but it looks so good!

and new Logo for Tearaway!? hngg bring on the media sony
These screens are tiny but they are giving the impression that the game looks insane and has lots of environmental variety,these new previews better be up by Monday.

Musiol

This is screens from Mercenary. I'm working under publisher of this mag so I can confirm these are screens from Mercenary. Sony will share news detail and materials really soon.

Sid

This is screens from Mercenary. I'm working under publisher of this mag so I can confirm these are screens from Mercenary. Sony will share news detail and materials really soon.
Can you share how close this game looks to Kz 3?

Sid

Ok, got a small info from my friend:

- Engine is nearly 1:1 from PS3 version
- They added a few new gimmicks to the engine, so they can utilize more PS Vita
- Game is gorgeous, clear and crispy textures, big draw distances
- Character models are awesome, the same with animation
- Stable FPS even with gigantic action inside levels
- Literally - game is like portable Killzone 3, looking better than Uncharted.

And yes, we've got new protagonists, release date and many other thing, but.. I cannot speak about them right now. There's a lot of goodness, believe (I just read whole preview), I'm excited as hell.
Release date? WHAT? that will be announced soon?

Musiol

Yes, preview have release date and last time i spoke with Sony rep, there was info they'll share date soon. So it can be day that when previews will go live, so next week I think.

JoshHood

Killzone will be great game by Guerrilla Cambridge, but... no one is exciting about Tearaway?
Massively excited for it, but this is really the reveal for Mercenary (we only had a glimpse of gameplay before). Tearaway stuff, at least looking at that mag page, doesn't appear to be anything new about it either.

dsigns1

And yes, we've got new protagonists, release date and many other thing, but.. I cannot speak about them right now. There's a lot of goodness, believe (I just read whole preview), I'm excited as hell.
Multiplayer info?

Ponn

Banned
You know Eye of judgement wasnt a bad idea, just poorly implemented and required you to play on the surface of the sun to recognize anything. I believe i still have big box of the cards around here. The mistake was requiring everything to be on the camera every second. Just change the game to require initial scan only with a playground mode so people can still play with their cards if they want. I would totally be for that.

Musiol

Multiplayer info?

There is, but I think I cannot speak about it right now (I don't want to have Sony ninjas behind me ;))

Preview is covering everything you really want to know. Multiplayer, single player portion of game, whole mercenary system, social options, tech things.

ZeroAKA

There is, but I think I cannot speak about it right now (I don't want to have Sony ninjas behind me ;))

Preview is covering everything you really want to know. Multiplayer, single player portion of game, whole mercenary system, social options, tech things.
Now you got me hyped, and I don't even typically enjoy FPSes. When will the magazine be out?

Musiol

Yes, magazine is publishing few pages every month just to tease readers. You cannot read anything from them so I'ts just ok.

Carl

If any/all of that is true, then wow. I need clean underwear.

Moobabe

As a genuine question (don't think of me as a "hater" or anything) - but wouldn't you guys rather have some proper handheld games on the system?

With games like Wipeout, Uncharted and Killzone - why wouldn't I just play them on a PS3? The audiovisual experience that those games are going for is surpassed easily by home consoles. The only Killzone that would get me excited on a portable is another top down one - using the touch to direct your units or something.

Games like Tearaway, Sound Shapes etc are the games that will make me a buy a Vita - much like how FF:TA, The World Ends With You and Bowser's Inside Story made me get a DS.

Sid

As a genuine question (don't think of me as a "hater" or anything) - but wouldn't you guys rather have some proper handheld games on the system?

With games like Wipeout, Uncharted and Killzone - why wouldn't I just play them on a PS3? The audiovisual experience that those games are going for is surpassed easily by home consoles. The only Killzone that would get me excited on a portable is another top down one - using the touch to direct your units or something.

Games like Tearaway, Sound Shapes etc are the games that will make me a buy a Vita - much like how FF:TA, The World Ends With You and Bowser's Inside Story made me get a DS.
No,because I like those franchises and will play them wherever they are available.

Jacknicholsonyes.gif

Also, I just noticed I'm not a Junior anymore. Hooray!

Top Bottom