• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Email, about 1.1gb its gonna take a while to download right now.. ugh downloading now ps store bug...

Why did you get an email? Signed up somewhere?

Tsunamo

Superfrog HD's way way more fun and addicting than I thought it'd be, well worth the price I paid for it.
No Killzone beta code for me, sadface.
Me either :(

Hopefully they'll send out a second batch and we'll get in (same thing happened with a couple of other EU Playstation game Betas)
Guys, the Unit 13 page won't let me download, yet the game seems to be in my download list... I don't want to miss out before it refreshes!

It says You are not eligible to download or purchase this content, but the page has a price and a button to add to basket (the other plus games I got don't!).
I had a similar problem happen to me and I still managed to download the game, so aslong as it's in your download list I think you should be right.

mauaus

9409830334_96bb6576f3_o.jpg

Impressions soon!

mauaus

Play Periods:
Play Period 1: Thursday August 1st, 7pm to 12am (Eastern Timezone)
Game Mode: Mercenary Warfare

Play Period 2: Sunday August 4th, 7pm to 12am (Eastern Timezone)
Game Mode: Warzone

Play Period 3: Tuesday August 6th, 7pm to 12am (Eastern Timezone)
Game Mode: Guerrilla Warfare

Play Period 4: Thursday August 8th, 7pm to 12am (Eastern Timezone)
Game Mode: Mercenary Warfare

Play Period 5: Sunday August 11th, 7pm to 12am (Eastern Timezone
Game Mode: Warzone

We look forward to seeing you online during the beta and thank you for your help in making Killzone: Mercenary the best it can be.

Thank you!

-The Killzone: Mercenary team

This is on the email by the way

The E3 HOME beta code states you can't redeem until August 21st, so don't even try it yet. Nothing is wrong with it, and the codes are different than what is going out now.

I signed up for this wave as well, but sadly no emails. I reaalllly don't want to wait 20 more days for it :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The HOME beta code states you can't redeem until August 21st, so don't even try it yet. Nothing is wrong with it, and the codes are different than what is going out now.

Oh, that's what the problem is? :/ I'm contacting Sony about it. Let's see if I get free early access before then...

The only reason I want to try it is to see if they fixed the aim acceleration issues CoD had.

aro52

Giggity! I got a KZ beta code this morning too!

And RIGHT at the beginning of a work day. :/ Gonna be a looonngg 8 hour wait.

btkadams

pjm vita is so good.

does anyone else find it slightly easier than the psp/ps3 games though? something is definitely off. i have played both versions a decent amount recently. i was rainbowing without any close calls. maybe i'll actually be able to rainbow the whole game this time.

aro52

Hmmmm so you can only play the beta for 5 hours every few days? Seems kind of strange but I guess it's beneficial for them to do it that way.

Nope. Cause it also says this:
"The online beta will always be available during this closed beta period, we would greatly appreciate your playing at the specified play periods as much as you can."

So they'd like you to play at those times, probably to test server load and such, but you can still play at other times.

Nope. Cause it also says this:
"The online beta will always be available during this closed beta period, we would greatly appreciate your playing at the specified play periods as much as you can."

Ohhh ok awesome! Hopefully I get a code.

So has anyone finished downloading it yet? Can you start playing now or not until tomorrow?

Sylver

Banned
Ohhh ok awesome! Hopefully I get a code.

So has anyone finished downloading it yet? Can you start playing now or not until tomorrow?

We are playing them right now on Europe I found a room with four players pretty easy. (and seems I'm the worst over there XD)

LosDaddie

Banned
You ripped off your nephew! That's low.

and don't justify it by saying "well, gamestop would have screwed him over" because they would have given him more than $50.

you owe him at least a benjamin

Holy crap. That's one helluva deal! Keep me informed if you have other nephews to rip off! :p

Well, if he doesn't know what a gem he had in his hands, he deserves to the ripped off.

Yeah, like I said, my nephew is a spoiled rotten little shit. He breaks & loses his stuff all the time. Absolutely no respect for money. I think he's on his 3rd iPhone, 2nd iPad, 2nd 3DS...loses games all the time, scratches up games, etc. He just doesn't give a single fuck about how much stuff costs.

So yeah, when he said "eh, I'm done with my PSV. I don't even play it. I'm going to trade it in" when I was at my bro's house last weekend, I immediately told him I'd give him $50 right then, and he took the offer. I ain't losing 1 second of sleep about how I supposedly ripped him off. :lol

You know, I heard there's an FAQ in a certain OP of a certain thread with the answers to these kinda questions. *winkwinknudgenudge*

When you connect your Vita to your PC, you will be prompted to install a program called "Content Manager". Content Manager basically acts like iTunes, except all navigation and transferring is handled through the Vita. It's fairly straight forward.

Thanks! And damn, I totally missed that part in the FAQ. My bad.

Wanny

I need some inputs on Chrono Trigger PS1... are the load times that awful?

edit: I never really played it that much to remember anything from the SNES version so will I really notice it?

mauaus

Its killzone alright feels a lot like 2. Controls feel tight but sometimes it feels like enemies can be a bit of bullet sponges but this might be my shitty aim and/or Lag

Sol1dus

edit: I never really played it that much to remember anything from the SNES version so will I really notice it?

I've heard many people recommend the ds version over ps1, but as I've yet to play it idk personally. I heard it gets tedious after a while. But yeah, dunno.

mauaus

Sony/GG needs to hurry the fuck up sending those codes, its so hard to get into a full KZ:M room :( played 2 matches with the same people and the second one unevenly matched 3 vs 1...

Edgeward

Yes, it's that bad. I played it first on psx as a kid and even then I knew the load times were bad. The main culprit is bringing up the menu which has noticeable lag before coming up. Only get it if you cant or wont get any other version

Top Bottom