• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Noi

dENzFK7.png

Latest Vita Firmware: [URL="http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psvita/index.htm"]2.12[/URL]

On December 17, 2011, a handheld was launched that took the hearts of many by storm. Despite it's ups and downs, the PlayStation Vita remains a handheld with a solid library, and this thread's purpose is to discuss the software released on a monthly basis.

iJe8d7B6Ib4Qs.png

Will be updated as weekly indie game releases are revealed.

NA
2 - Farming Simulator
Velocity Ultra
Pinball Heroes: Complete
9 - Aabs Aninals
Coconut Dodge Revitalised
HISTORY Legends of War: Patton
Total Recoil
10 - Tokyo Jungle MOBILE (PS Mobile)
16- Kung Fu Rabbit
Mystic Chronicles (PSP)
23 - Stealth Inc.
TBA: BreakQuest Extra Evolution
Floating Cloud God HD
Spelunky
ZRun

Free on PS+:
Metal Slug XX (PSP)
Dokuro

EU
3 - Total Recoil

Free on PS+:
3 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Unit 13

LANQ2uD.png

Farming Simulator 2013

GOTY 2012 is back for another shot at 2013, now on a handheld. FARMING. TRUCKS. EXCITEMENT. IT HAS A PLATINUM TROPHY.

LkK6roj.png

MkpNYmS.png

Velocity Ultra

One of the best PS Minis, remade for native Vita support! Velocity Ultra is everything Velocity should have been the first time around: a native PlayStation Vita title with deliciously sharp and stylish HD graphics, PSN trophies (and a platinum!) and online leader boards.

W3DMBH4.png

IJURbHz.png

25 - XBlaze Code: Embryo
Dragon's Crown

Wx7tJaH.png

XBlaze Code: Embryo

It's a visual novel linked to but not taking place in the same world as BlazBlue.

M2X1UMc.png

iij8DQCLosjP0.png

v2KHJEh.png
miku7ssna.png

Hatsune Miku Project Diva ƒ is a rhythm game starring the popular Vocaloid characters Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, Megurine Luka, KAITO, and MEIKO. Press buttons and flick the Vita screen in time with the incredibly catchy music while watching your favorite character dance in the background to gain Diva Points. Then use these points to buy new outfits, accessories, and more. Be sure to import Project Diva ƒ or buy the PS3 version when it’s released in the west! Not convinced yet? Here’s a testimony from an anonymous fan:

deVYQZs.png

You didn't add the links to the incredibly catchy songs, Noi. :(

For more information on Project Diva f, visit the Project Diva discussion thread! Also, check out the PS3 version coming in English in August!
xcaaDkv.png

Due to lack of interest month after month, the Vita Challenge will be retired until further notice. If you're willing to take charge of this section and keep track of it, you're free to do so!​

BYMf4to.png

How do I backup/transfer my games and saves to and from my PC/PS3?
For PC:
Follow this guide.
For PS3:
Follow this other guide.

How do I switch accounts on my Vita?
Short Version -
First of all, note that:
1. A system can only be linked to one account at a time
2. A memory card can only be linked to one account at a time

To switch accounts, you must:
1. Restore the PS Vita System (Settings > Format > Restore)
2. Format the memory card (if you only have one) or swap in another memory card (if you have multiple)

Long Version here.

(Thanks to Kazerei and The Grim Heaper!)

What does system update X.0X do?
"Improve system stability", usually, unless noted otherwise.

What is PlayStation Plus? Why should I, as a Vita owner, care about it?
PS Plus is a subscription service that not only gives you access to extra perks to use for your PS Vita, but also grants you an Instant Game Collection of 6 games available to try out for free. These perks include:
-1 GB Cloud Storage for all your PS Vita Game saves (PS1/PSP saves are not allowed).
-Automatic Save uploads to the Cloud, Game Updates and Trophy syncs.
-The same features available for your PlayStation 3 console, only with even more games.

30Rsemz.png

Thanks to Monosukoi for the banners and assorted help, and to The Grimy Reaper for taking over the past three months! We love you!

jwk94

Total Recoil will be available in the US next Tuesday, July 9th, for $2.49.

What are the parameters for the Vita monthly challenge? Does it have to be from a game that came out before the month?

Oh and thanks for the new thread. excited to finally play Velocity Ultra.

Noi

Total Recoil will be available in the US next Tuesday, July 9th, for $2.49.

What are the parameters for the Vita monthly challenge? Does it have to be from a game that came out before the month?

Oh and thanks for the new thread. excited to finally play Velocity Ultra.

Aha, I was trying to find US details for Total Recoil but missed them. Thanks!

And not really, when I did the Vita challenges I just tried to make it a game that people had easy access to. Still only got 1 or 2 entrants, or none at all during some months, so it was more effort than it was worth. :/ I'll just pick the monthly game myself or run a poll for the next few months.

OmegaZero

Nice job.
Can't wait for Velocity Ultra.

EDIT: What am I missing if I choose not to purchase Farming Simulator?

FaintDeftone

Okay, so since this month is kind of dry, I got a non-game question for you guys.

Playstation Vita cases - which is the best?

Right now I throw my Vita in a messenger bag and I'm afraid it'll get scratched up and banged around in there. What is the best case that doesn't add a lot of bulk? I'm thinking about the one that has the two flaps on the front and back and acts as a stand so it'll protect the screen and rear touch pad while in my bag.

Eek at that lineup.

Good thing June ended with a couple of decent ports at least. About three hours in with Muramasa, and I haven't even touched Hotline Miami yet, so I have more than enough to weather the drought.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh man, OP you are very cruel. Posting this new thread right after I made a new post in the old thread.

Now nobody is gonna read them :(

Hahaha.

Anyways, I bought Hotline Miami and Muramasa yesterday. Haven't really had a chance to play either of them, but I hope they don't disappoint because if they do, I am gonna blame all of you GAF VitaBros for hyping them so damn much, hahaha.

Now if you don't mind me, I'm going to keep with my prayers that Sony and/or Shahid managed to convince Sega to bring VC3 to the west for Vita.

jwk94

Aha, I was trying to find US details for Total Recoil but missed them. Thanks!

And not really, when I did the Vita challenges I just tried to make it a game that people had easy access to. Still only got 1 or 2 entrants, or none at all during some months, so it was more effort than it was worth. :/ I'll just pick the monthly game myself or run a poll for the next few months.

You're welcome. Why not make the challenge something related to Total Recoil? The game is relatively cheap so it shouldn't be too hard to get a good amount of users to participate.

webkatt

Woot, new thread. I have to check Target tomorrow to see if they have any vita games on clearance.

It's damned hard finding digital download codes at a decent price.

I'm dying to play guacamelee

Mortal Kombat arrived in the mail today, so keen.
I find that the thumbsticks make it too hard to do some of the moves, due to how small they are. Any solutions to making the Vita more fighting game friendly or am I doomed?

Rockman

Woot, new thread. I have to check Target tomorrow to see if they have any vita games on clearance.

It's damned hard finding digital download codes at a decent price.

I'm dying to play guacamelee

I'm a cheapass gamer also but man Guacamelee is damn good, give them your money, they deserve it. Buttloads of fun. Big ones!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't see it mentioned in the OP, but when is Lone Survivor gonna come out?

Have been dying to play some atmospheric creepy shit in my Vita.

Anyways, is there any of you still playing Soul Sacrifice? Also, recommend me games that I can buy from PSN with a 11 bucks wallet.

Additionally, do we know how much the price Dragon's Crown gonna be?

Sorry for so many questions, hahaha.

webkatt

I'm a cheapass gamer also but man Guacamelee is damn good, give them your money, they deserve it. Buttloads of fun. Big ones!

yeah i know but it's hard due to my cheapness!

i was hoping to score some psn credit. seeing how it's a psn exclusive i'm more than sure it'll go on sale/free sometime in the near future

Noi

Anyways, is there any of you still playing Soul Sacrifice? Also, recommend me games that I can buy from PSN with a 11 bucks wallet.

Lone Survivor is "later in the summer" still. I could probably add it in TBA with Floating Cloud God and ZRun, which are in the same state.

Dragon's Crown is $39.99. No digital discount confirmed, but it's Atlus so I wouldn't expect one based on P4G.

jwk94

I'll pick anime games every month just for you.

It's hard to make a challenge for a game that isn't out, so I don't know anything to make it around. :p
The game's actually available on smartphones right now for free. If you want, I could check it out and see if I could come up with a quick challenge for when it drops on the Vita.

Don't believe we have a date on Lone Survivor yet. Dragon's Crown will be full price. Not sure about PSN price though. Most likely $35.99. Amazon has the game for $37.19 right now though if you'd like to order it from there and still receive the book.

Amazon Link

Edgeward

About a month in to my vita experience and I still love it. Usually play it everyday, just a perfect device for short or long play sessions.

webkatt

I'm busting my Junior cherry in this thread.

Post #300, smell my goo!

On-Topic, Can someone explain Near, I just don't get it

ReaperXL7

The game's actually available on smartphones right now for free. If you want, I could check it out and see if I could come up with a quick challenge for when it drops on the Vita.

Don't believe we have a date on Lone Survivor yet. Dragon's Crown will be full price. Not sure about PSN price though. Most likely $35.99. Amazon has the game for $37.19 right now though if you'd like to order it from there and still receive the book.

Amazon Link

Its supposed to come out this month, we dont have an exact date though.

To top it off, I’ve secretly been devoting a lot time and resources into adding additional content into the game, initially exclusive to PS3 and PS Vita. As well as Trophies, Cross-Buy and Cross-Play support, the PS version will feature (amongst other things) 19 new items, new dialogue with all NPCs, two extensive new side quests and a brand new ‘Yellow’ ending, featuring an exclusive piece of music. We are also investigating touch control for movement and inventory use. This version really will be enhanced in every way!

I hope you enjoy the game. For those who’ve already supported it, thank you so much. I can’t wait to share the new content with all of you in July.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/13/indie-horror-hit-lone-survivor-coming-to-ps3-ps-vita/

New thread, nice! I'll try to be more active in here as Hotline Miami, Muramasa and soon Velocity are eating up the vast majority of my gaming time.

Also, make sure to pick up some PSP titles via PSN store. You won't regret them.

Namely Peace Walker and Valkyria Chronicles 2. VC2 might have to be done via a PS3, but it works at least.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Also, where can I get info about the PSN names for all of my Vita bros in GAF? It would be awesome/nice if this thread can serve as a place for that kind of information as well :)

ReaperXL7

I dont know when we will be getting exact dates for any of them, but if we get Lone Survivor, Spelunky, Terraria, Velocity, and Kickbeat this month I would be pretty happy adding in any psm surprises, or decent random stuff.

Oshimai

Indeed it's looking like a slow month. Hopefully we'll get some good stuff from PS+... maybe do a surprise release of Luftrausers this month??!! =O

Toki767

I'm busting my Junior cherry in this thread.

Post #300, smell my goo!

On-Topic, Can someone explain Near, I just don't get it

I can try, but I'm not sure it'd be very informative.

Basically Near finds other people in your area who have a Vita and tells you what they're playing. It's used to see what's popular or trending around you. Unlike StreetPass on the 3DS though, you never have to actually cross paths with someone with a Vita.

Information gets sent to Sony's server so when your Vita reports in with Near, it uses the location of your Vita to tell you others who reported in with locations closest to you. That means someone could have been around your area yesterday or two days ago and if you checked Near today, you'd see that they were in the area on a certain day which is when their information was recorded to the servers. I believe their information stays for a week and then gets deleted.

The other aspect of Near are gifts. Certain games allow things like items or challenges to be shared with people either on your Friend List or people you meet on Near.

That's about it really. Hope it makes sense.

Oh and welcome aboard!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So it seems my Vita wifi issues were due my switching it to my new Wifi N network.
As soon as I switched back to my G router, wifi speeds doubled. Doesn't make sense.

Toki767

So it seems my Vita wifi issues were due my switching it to my new Wifi N network.
As soon as I switched back to my G router, wifi speeds doubled. Doesn't make sense.

Are you sure it's your Vita and not your router? My Cisco router is really stupid in that wireless G is giving double the speed of wireless N.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Are you sure it's your Vita and not your router? My Cisco router is really stupid in that wireless G is giving double the speed of wireless N.

My other N devices are all much improved in speed since I added the N access point. Never any kind of instability.

I'm still doing more testing.
My Vita was actually turning wifi completely off after I checked on it two hour later. Like I couldn't even re-enable it without restarting the system.
If it does that again now, then it's my vita having issues. :(

ReaperXL7

I hope Spelunky gets a date soon, and I really hope it's this month.

Allot of the indie games I want have a "Summer" release window currently(including Spelunky), So I would think that would mean between July/August imo. I dont know if September is considered summer or fall.

madmackem

I dont know if its the right thread to ask but, anyone know of a good case you can play the vita in to add a bit of bulk, i have big hands and find it hard to use it for long periods of time.

TheCloser

Banned
Mortal Kombat arrived in the mail today, so keen.
I find that the thumbsticks make it too hard to do some of the moves, due to how small they are. Any solutions to making the Vita more fighting game friendly or am I doomed?

You're doing it wrong. You play all fighting games with a dpad not a thumbstick.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I dont know if its the right thread to ask but, anyone know of a good case you can play the vita in to add a bit of bulk, i have big hands and find it hard to use it for long periods of time.

Don't buy a case. Buy a vita grip. Look it up on ebay or amazon.

jwk94

Allot of the indie games I want have a "Summer" release window currently(including Spelunky), So I would think that would mean between July/August imo. I dont know if September is considered summer or fall.

As many Vita owners (myself included) learned last year, September is indeed Summer =/

Top Bottom