• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

btkadams

I hate tartarus so much. I have fallen asleep numerous times grinding my way through that dungeon. The regular enemy encounters are so boring/pointless. Other than that, I think P3P is alright. I never played FES so I don't really know what I'm missing.

i texted this exact same thing to dustytruly almost daily for the last 2 weeks haha. it was pretty brutal! and once i felt the end nearing, i got sucked into the game and used all my spare time playing the game. every day for 3 weeks.. that horrible tower.

my life has been so much better since finishing tartarus. i have been so much more productive and so much happier. i've actually been outside and seen real people.

crinale

Alright, I've poured 50 hrs into Toukiden and just beat the story missions, what a ride :D
And found out that I've done like 20% of the game. I guess I'll continue on grinding. I love it!

For Japan Dragon's Crown along with God Eater 2 Demo is coming this week, oh boy o_O

danthefan

Alright, I've poured 50 hrs into Toukiden and just beat the story missions, what a ride :D
And found out that I've done like 20% of the game. I guess I'll continue on grinding. I love it!

For Japan Dragon's Crown along with God Eater 2 Demo is coming this week, oh boy o_O

I've possibly been living under a rock, but what sort of game is Toukiden? RPG of some sort I assume?

jwk94

must we get all PLAY titles before tomorrow to get the promo credit?
or can I buy as I go along.. as long as it's before each title is released?

definitely buying the TWA DLC

If you want to get the discount for PS+ members, you HAVE to pre-order which means buying before the game releases. If you're just looking to gt the $3, $6, or $10 back, then you have until August 20th to make your purchases.

ReaperXL7

Just to clairify for those who seem worried, curve studios confirmed awhile ago that both versions of the game would be out on the 23rd. So no need to worry about that.

New Guacamelee dlc is awesome, and it being actual level based content makes me happy.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Another preview of Castle of Illusion remake. What's funny is that so far almost all the comments are begging for this to be on Vita.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/22/castle-of-illusion-reimagining-a-classic-part-2/

I already added mine ;) It would be so perfect on that OLED.

Honestly, this is nothing new. I think people are generally just more open to playing smaller titles like this on a portable than a home console. Sega are completely mad for putting this on PS3 but not Vita. It would sell just as well if not better than the PS3 version. I get when third parties are hesitant to put big retail games on Vita, but I just don't get the logic in third parties skipping the Vita for games like this.

Oh and as for the actual game, the gameplay looks fine. But I'm really not digging the artstyle and wish they went for a more retro look. Right now I won't be getting the game unless it gets a Vita version. Although with that said if the original version were to get included as an extra I don't know if I'd be able to resist it. Dat nostalgia.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So Konami hired HexaDrive and they fixed ZOE2 HD framerate issues with a patch. Should we the expect the same Hexadrive treatment for New Little Framerate's Story? locked 30fps will be nice.

/livingindenial

DigitalOp

Banned

I'm guessing you've played Soul Sacrifice and MonHUN, Seems like you've played God Eater as well.... how does Toukiden compare gameplay wise? Any similarities or major differences??

I'm going to continue playing P3P againsts Totos wishes... XP I wanna see the Persona hype for myself finally but I didn't want jump into P4G completely cold... I've played SMT:Strange Journey on DS but I think these games are different right? Now at least I can play P4G on hard from the jump since Ill have some experience

Is Metal Slug XX a port of 7 on DS?? Setting up this 16 GB has been kicking my butt..

Oh that reminds me!!! Got a big question for y'all, Does anyone's Vita hang up when initiating downloads on the PS Store?? Happens wayyy too often and its very annoying. Vita will sit on the "preparing download" prompt and won't act even after 20 mins... if you cancel it, screen grays out and still becomes unresponsive...

Only thing I can do is reboot the device.... Super annoying, I can't even queue downloads!!

jpolka22

Neo Member
I'm guessing you've played Soul Sacrifice and MonHUN, Seems like you've played God Eater as well.... how does Toukiden compare gameplay wise? Any similarities or major differences??

I'm going to continue playing P3P againsts Totos wishes... XP I wanna see the Persona hype for myself finally but I didn't want jump into P4G completely cold... I've played SMT:Strange Journey on DS but I think these games are different right? Now at least I can play P4G on hard from the jump since Ill have some experience

Is Metal Slug XX a port of 7 on DS?? Setting up this 16 GB has been kicking my butt..

Oh that reminds me!!! Got a big question for y'all, Does anyone's Vita hang up when initiating downloads on the PS Store?? Happens wayyy too often and its very annoying. Vita will sit on the "preparing download" prompt and won't act even after 20 mins... if you cancel it, screen grays out and still becomes unresponsive...

Only thing I can do is reboot the device.... Super annoying, I can't even queue downloads!!

Happens way too often to me. Not sure why.

Damn - that sucks, I thought it was listed as Vita on the promo

It said "PS3" in the promo on SEN webstore, but it said that it entitles you to both versions of the game in the description so I just assumed they were too lazy to put the Vita marker. ex: Gungir for PSP didn't list itself as PSP/Vita even though most compatible PSP/PSOne games do.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

It said "PS3" in the promo on SEN webstore, but it said that it entitles you to both versions of the game in the description so I just assumed they were too lazy to put the Vita marker. ex: Gungir for PSP didn't list itself as PSP/Vita even though most compatible PSP/PSOne games do.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Stealth Inc. is a cross buy game.
So the $8 pre-order will get you the Vita and PS3 versions tomorrow.

So I'm guessing Dokuro is free next week?? I'm sure it was supposed to be free in July for plus.

Also I was considering getting Stealth Inc but now I'm hearing it isn't coming out for vita tomorrow??? Is this confirmed?

I'm not buying it if its not coming out tomorrow. Even if it is yopo. I need something to play on vita NOW lol.

Massa

So I'm guessing Dokuro is free next week?? I'm sure it was supposed to be free in July for plus.

Also I was considering getting Stealth Inc but now I'm hearing it isn't coming out for vita tomorrow??? Is this confirmed?

I'm not buying it if its not coming out tomorrow. Even if it is yopo. I need something to play on vita NOW lol.

It's coming out tomorrow and you have to pre-order it before the store updates if you want the 20% discount.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Super excited for Guacamelee DLC and Stealth Inc. tomorrow!

I was hoping for a story dlc like a Tostada side/origin story or something.

QoI49aX.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
For those wondering what I'm talking about, retail game cards can only be associated to one system, if you use it on another system it still works but you don't get trophies and, as I just found out, can't use cloud saves. Maybe there's more, I'm not sure (no DLC maybe?)

WTF

That's garbage

VanWinkle

WTF

That's garbage

It's not true. All you have to do is delete the game bubble, take the game out, put it back into the Vita and let it install a new bubble.

I was hoping for a story dlc like a Tostada side/origin story or something.

QoI49aX.jpg

That would be even better, obviously, but I'm not complaining. New stuff to do that isn't just costumes (even though it comes with those, too) for just $2.99. I'm excited.

Top Bottom