• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Been on hiatus due to lots of music events, shows, festivals, but I picked up some games lately.

NFS Most Wanted - Plenty of fun, and wonderful playability on the go. Playing with friends is a blast, hours of entertainment in races or just freedrive.

Second, and this is a big one.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE PORTABLE FOR $23.99 . I had to bold, because this is a STEAL. Like many others, I have been waiting for this game. I searched, and couldn't find any post relating to this. If there is, my bad. I almost started a new topic for this, but then i remember my lowly junior status. But still!! I randomly check the price for this game, and huzzah! It paid off!!! Who knows how much longer it will last.

Get it while it's hot hot HOT!!!!

Wow. Maybe it is time to get into EDF. Is this a sale or a permanent price drop?

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is also on sale for 24.90 on Playasia. hmm Decisions.

Wow. Maybe it is time to get into EDF. Is this a sale or a permanent price drop?

I don't know. Nothing is listed on the PS Blog, but nothing was listed the last time it went down to 29.99. I would say jump on it. I sure did. It may be a temporary sleeper price drop.

All you Gaffer who already have it or are getting it, PSN BaronVonBeans is my name, killing giants bugs/aliens/robots will be my game! Let's go save the Earth!!

Aytrial

Been on hiatus due to lots of music events, shows, festivals, but I picked up some games lately.

NFS Most Wanted - Plenty of fun, and wonderful playability on the go. Playing with friends is a blast, hours of entertainment in races or just freedrive.

Second, and this is a big one.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE PORTABLE FOR $23.99 . I had to bold, because this is a STEAL. Like many others, I have been waiting for this game. I searched, and couldn't find any post relating to this. If there is, my bad. I almost started a new topic for this, but then i remember my lowly junior status. But still!! I randomly check the price for this game, and huzzah! It paid off!!! Who knows how much longer it will last.

Get it while it's hot hot HOT!!!!

No price drop for the AU store. :c

Then again, our store update hasn't hit yet.

I don't know. Nothing is listed on the PS Blog, but nothing was listed the last time it went down to 29.99. I would say jump on it. I sure did. It may be a temporary sleeper price drop.

All you Gaffer who already have it or are getting it, PSN BaronVonBeans is my name, killing giants bugs/aliens/robots will be my game! Let's go save the Earth!!

It was listed as a sale, I think... I'll edit if I can find it.

Skyzard

Banned
EDF seems interesting...

But I'd wager the online for it has died already?

I played it about 2 days ago for quite a few hours online, saw a few rooms active.

It is quite fun. Close to getting the final level unlock. Someone got it for me in MP but it doesn't transfer over. Probably a good thing :)
PW
is too fun.

more spoiler
she has a great jet jack and awesome weapons

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
EDF had some online activity when I played it about a month ago, plus with the price drop that might liven things up a bit.

I played it about 2 days ago for quite a few hours online, saw a few rooms active.

It is quite fun. Close to getting the final level unlock. Someone got it for me in MP but it doesn't transfer over. Probably a good thing :)
PW
is too fun.

more spoiler
she has a great jet jack and awesome weapons

I typically don't like multiplayer-heavy games because once the community dies out, the value of the game can feel like it's being slashed significantly. That's why I usually favor SP games since I don't need to worry about such stuff.

But if it's fun to play in SP too, I might look into it.

Takao

Banned
Damn, Ac!d 3 would be just perfect with Vita's touchscreen. It's such an obvious fit.

Hell, I'd even take Vita compatible remakes or just plain PSP/PSN versions of the first two games in which I put in 100s of hours and collected every card in each.

The director of those games has probably been given a life sentence in Konami's social gme division for Never Dead's bombing.

Noi

I typically don't like multiplayer-heavy games because once the community dies out, the value of the game can feel like it's being slashed significantly. That's why I usually favor SP games since I don't need to worry about such stuff.

But if it's fun to play in SP too, I might look into it.

EDF has never been multiplayer-heavy. The Vita version of EDF3 is the only one that has online-play (with the game scaling depending on if you're running solo or 2/3/4 people), and Insect Armageddon is a POS in general so it shouldn't be looked at as a basis for anything, online or not.

EDF4 is the first one that could be balanced more around online than SP since it was designed with online play in mind, but 3 is just as fun to play solo since it's original version only had local multi.

(Personally, I still play a few stages when I have nothing else to do in my never-ending quest to beat the game in every difficulty for both characters.)

...tl; dr, EDF2017 was made to be multiplayer-ok, but mainly designed around SP.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wish Hexadrive ported Silent Hill 2 and 3 instead. :/

Anyone know whats coming out in the EU this week? I suppose its to much to hope for spelunky.

Also is the soul sacrifice communinty still decent? I still havn't got round to getting the game yet.

Zen

Banned
The Vita version is honestly the best version of the game, works great as a pick up and play title and it's easier to track everything that's happening on the screen as oppose to playing it on your TV.

Gala

The Vita version is honestly the best version of the game, works great as a pick up and play title and it's easier to track everything that's happening on the screen as oppose to playing it on your TV.

A pick up and play title is what I'm looking for and the game is 15 euro, so not even that expensive. I sometimes need a break during the more heavy games like Persona 4 Golden (probably will pick up Soul Sacrifice next) and Playstation All-Stars seems like a nice quick little Brawler to me.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Funny, how I also just started scratching my HSG itch yesterday quite a bit as well. Have done a ton of SP, wanted to try out MP, but saw all the severs were down at the time.

ultimate pick up n play game.

we should be getting a nice patch today - ps3 online cross play here we goooo

$h@d0w

The Asia PS blog was updated with a new Vita game that's come out of nowhere:

Not to be Missed by BlazBlue Fans- XBLAZE CODE : EMBRYO

9347069085_e86b08e5a9_o.png
9349850960_96c9410f73_o.png

“XBLAZE CODE : EMBRYO” is a fighting game for both PS Vita and PS3™ to be released on PS Store on 25th July (HK$418@ PS Store). Developed by Arc System Works which is well known for their fighting game series “BlazBlue”, this title celebrates the 25th anniversary of the developer. Demos will also be available on the same day (Free@ PS Store)!

Despite its link to the “BlazBlue” game series, the story of “XBLAZE” does not take place in the same world- it is a stand-alone story so it is inviting even for players who have never played the “BlazBlue” series. The story centres around the fantastical adventures of an ordinary high school student, Touya, who stumbles upon a quarantine zone following the mysterious ringing of a bell and encounters a mysterious girl there.

>More details will be released on 25 July<

ThreeBeta

I really hope Sony will update the Vita OS to support more languages... It's unacceptable that in this day and age I can't read websites that are in a language that the Vita doesn't support.
I can't use the Twitter app or the web browser to read content that is written in Hebrew.
Come on Sony, I'm not asking for a full system translation, just add the Hebrew fonts...

In another topic, How much internal storage do you the vita has? All those system apps and the system updates downloads are stored somewhere...
My guess is about 512MB of storage.
What do you guys think?

DigitalOp

Banned
Maybe il pick it up after I get paid. See how I feel.

Soul Sac is one of the first games that reassured my Vita purchase. I would actually buy a Vita just for this game alone.

Before you buy it, make sure you play the expanded demo on PS Store.... you can even start building up offerings (spells) to carry over to the main game. Some of them are easier to get in the demo than the main game.

Top Bottom