• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Noi

For the new page and those that might have missed it!

Alright, I finally got home a few hours ago and I've had time to sit down for a bit, so I can type up what the new arrangement for the monthly thread's Game of the Month is gonna be. Good ol' fashioned voting!

From today until the 30th, anyone interested in voting for next month's Game of the Month must PM me with their top 5 choices, in order of preference. If you don't provide an order, I'll assume that the order you list them in is the preference. Each game gets points in order of preference, from 5 to 1, and the game with the most points is the winner. Once a game has been chosen, I'll randomly ask someone who voted for the game as #1 to provide a short write-up for it like the one in this and the previous threads.

Criteria for voting:
  • Games voted for must have been released at any time prior to the month the thread is for, including previous months.
  • Only games released up to July 30th, the last PSN update day in July, will count for this round of voting.
  • Retail, Digital only and PlayStation Mobile games are all valid.
Note - If you vote for a game that's already been selected as GotM, I'll disregard it's placement and scroll everything else up by one. For reference, the following games have already been selected:

Persona 4: Golden
DJMAX Technika Tune
Dead or Alive 5+
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Hatsune Miku Project Diva ƒ

CHOOSE WISELY.

VanWinkle

So it looks like the Vita version will be missing the new Daily Challenge feature of Spelunky? It seems to be a feature exclusive to the PC release, which sucks.

I really want the Vita version, but this does seem like a cool feature for the PC.

Sounds kind of like the challenge mode that will be in Rayman Legends. I have no idea why they're keeping it PC exclusive with Spelunky. :/ It doesn't seem like there would be an incentive for exclusivity there. That's too bad. I'm still going to get it on Vita, though.

DigitalOp

Banned
did someone say trophies

I love trophies!

Trophies have become the bane of my existance..

Why would I actually contemplate not playing a game over others because it lacks trophies?... these damn things have perverted my mind.

I've completed thousands of games before trophies existed... now I'm hesitant to boot one without em... its like in the back of my mind this voice tells me "your wasting time playing this game that doesn't support an artificial metagame to track your completion...."

Ahhh!! Leave me alone!!!

Noi

Trophies have become the bane of my existance..

Why would I actually contemplate not playing a game over others because it lacks trophies?... these damn things have perverted my mind.

I've completed thousands of games before trophies existed... now I'm hesitant to boot one without em... its like in the back of my mind this voice tells me "your wasting time playing this game that doesn't support an artificial metagame to track your completion...."

Ahhh!! Leave me alone!!!

Haha, I'm not that far gone yet. Trophies are certainly a boon for me, and have even gotten me to buy some games I'd otherwise pass on (which I'm sure the developers don't mind!), but lack of trophies have yet to stop me from playing stuff I want to. :)

...That said, Cloudberry Kingdom not even having a single gold trophy makes me stare angrily at it's general direction. :mad:

The rumour itself is likely nonsense, I understand that part, I guess sadly it just would not surprise me if Sony let yet another major japanese IP slip away from them. They just dont "seem" to be trying to stay competative in that market though we have not seen really anything on PS4 from the Japanese side.
Atlus comes more than a developer and it's IPs though. There's the publishing business in both Japan and US, a fair bit of it focused on Nintendo platforms, which would add to the cost and not necessarily fit into Sony's plans. They may think there are better uses for that money.

Still, if Sony were to buy Atlus, and start porting their (3)DS titles to PSM and using Atlus USA as part of a Vita localization initiative, I wouldn't complain.

I wouldn't expect it before the PLAY promotion is over.
It wasn't ready for when the Play titles were locked down. Doesn't necessarily mean it won't be ready for release in that timeframe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKNSrasGGkg

God eater 2 for 3DS.

Can anyone explain this video?
Who's going to make the "God Eater announced for 3DS" thread? :D

I was thinking about buying stealth bastard this week and couldn't wait and purchased it as well as some others on steam this weekend. I'm glad I got it cheaper as I don't find the game very fun to play. The puzzle aspect of it is fine, but it's hard to compare it to something like super meatboy as I find that way more enjoyable (purchased same day)

Remk

Stealth Inc. Review:
http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/psn/stealth_inc_a_clone_in_the_dark

It's getting good reviews, glad I pre-ordered it.

From that review:

There's even a level editor, comprising an intuitive set of tools that allow you to easily create your own devilish challenges. However, it's a shame that there's no way to currently share and download new stages composed by the community.

Is this going to be patched in? kinda useless to have a level editor if you cant share the levels

crinale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKNSrasGGkg

God eater 2 for 3DS.

Can anyone explain this video?

It's an introduction video of Kuma Tomo (software by Bamco for 3DS and smartphones), using its function to promote God Eater 2.
For Japanese devs it's quite normal to use a software to promote another one, even if they are in two different platforms.

I still have a package of Monster Hunter Portable 3 HD (exclusive to PS3) including coupons for Monster Hunter Frontier for Xbox360 (and PC, but not available to PS3) lol.

Akira_83

Banned
And as a bonus you'll be an emotional wreck by the end of it all!

oh dont stress about it

the entire game is a sham and it doesnt make any difference in the long run what choices you make, its all an illusion

so dont let things weigh on your shoulders

that said, the story is better than most

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Easiest platinum ever is resistance. You almost plat it on your first play through. Then its just a matter of loading up the right chapter to kill and few more things and you done.

Gravity rush is a pretty easy but fun to get plat.

Uncharted is doable if you make use of the black market.

Ragnarok I did in 75ish hours with some help from the Near card trading system.

I only plat a game if it looks both reasonably achievable and fun to do. I cant remember If I platted anything else.

Easiest platinum is virtue last reward no contest, you have simply to finish the game, and the game is awesome!

ZeroAKA

Resistance's platinum may not be as easy as TWD and VLR's, but that 5 hour estimate is about right. It was my first platinum ever.
:(

Dear Vitabros, this is a message of utmost importance: Transport Tycoon is coming to iOS and Android so we must tweet @shahid, @tycoonsim and developer @AppyNation to bring this title to the Vita. Shahid already replied on a reply I got from AppyNation (in which they said they are focusing on Andriod and iOS first), asking them why they didn't develop a Vita version first.

We must make this happen, because Transport Tycoon is the best PC game ever (and NOT Skyrim according to the foolish foolery of the foolish fools of this foolish magazine PC Gamer)!

mauaus

Easiest platinum is virtue last reward no contest, you have simply to finish the game, and the game is awesome!

Really? Dont you have to go through a million scenarios? (I really dont know, got it from plus but havent touched it yet)

My first platinum ever will be definitely FF X|X-2 HD on VITA. Love that game <3

Anyways, i haven't touched Virtue's Last Reward because i want to play the prequel first.

On another note, i am playing Men's Room Mayhem and it is kinda fun game. It also seems like easy to Platinum.

Moobabe

Dear Vitabros, this is a message of utmost importance: Transport Tycoon is coming to iOS and Android so we must tweet @shahid, @tycoonsim and developer @AppyNation to bring this title to the Vita. Shahid already replied on a reply I got from AppyNation (in which they said they are focusing on Andriod and iOS first), asking them why they didn't develop a Vita version first.

We must make this happen, because Transport Tycoon is the best PC game ever (and NOT Skyrim according to the foolish foolery of the foolish fools of this foolish magazine PC Gamer)!

This post needs more links to media to back up your point!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I'm in for everything, especially managerials, strategy and similar that for some reason lack on vita.
Is it a port? If not i honestly doubt it will be as good as the pc games.
Really? Dont you have to go through a million scenarios? (I really dont know, got it from plus but havent touched it yet)
You have to complete all the scenarios, but there's this comfortable chart, every square is a part of the story, you just touch a square and you play only the part of the story you are interested in.
virtues-last-reward-flowchart.jpg

Akira_83

Banned
Resistance's platinum may not be as easy as TWD and VLR's, but that 5 hour estimate is about right. It was my first platinum ever.
:(

maybe its just me but i had to play through twice in order to upgrade all those weapons by finding the cubes

got the plat after 2 playthroughs and trying the horrible lag infested multiplayer

mauaus

I'm in for everything, especially managerials, strategy and similar that for some reason lack on vita.
Is it a port? If not i honestly doubt it will be as good as the pc games.

You have to complete all the scenarios, but there's this comfortable chart, every square is a part of the story, you just touch a square and you play only the part of the story you are interested in.
virtues-last-reward-flowchart.jpg

well that looks cool, anywhere i can watch or read a summary of 999?

IDK man

dragons >>> trains

:/

Please everyone choose Lumines for game of the month. Game is so amazing and I've easily dropped more time into this single game than any other game on handheld. For reference, the second most time spent would be in Harvest Moon: FoMT and I probably dropped 100 hours on that (91 hours on P4G).

Also, you can score Lumines on Amazon.com right now for $9.89.

what are my other choices?

and i've spent a good 500+ hours in Marvel vs Capcom 3

This post needs more links to media to back up your point!

This artice explains why Transport Tycoon is so great:

http://pockettactics.com/2013/07/15/chris-sawyers-transport-tycoon-is-coming-to-ios-and-android/

And this article from the same source shows us the first pictures of the new version, that's coming to iOS and Android:

http://pockettactics.com/2013/07/19/all-aboard-first-screenshots-of-transport-tycoon-for-ios-android/

There is also a big community of the game, found here:

http://www.tt-forums.net/

Damn we only can dream for now, here is hoping we can see this game on our Vita's soon!

Paskil

what are my other choices?

and i've spent a good 500+ hours in Marvel vs Capcom 3

Well, your choice is any game that was not already selected. PM VitaBro at the top with your top five choices. Top post has a list previously selected that are disqualified. I think Wipeout was a GotM also, although I could be wrong.

Alright, I finally got home a few hours ago and I've had time to sit down for a bit, so I can type up what the new arrangement for the monthly thread's Game of the Month is gonna be. Good ol' fashioned voting!

From today until the 30th, anyone interested in voting for next month's Game of the Month must PM me with their top 5 choices, in order of preference. If you don't provide an order, I'll assume that the order you list them in is the preference. Each game gets points in order of preference, from 5 to 1, and the game with the most points is the winner. Once a game has been chosen, I'll randomly ask someone who voted for the game as #1 to provide a short write-up for it like the one in this and the previous threads.

Criteria for voting:
  • Games voted for must have been released at any time prior to the month the thread is for, including previous months.
  • Only games released up to July 30th, the last PSN update day in July, will count for this round of voting.
  • Retail, Digital only and PlayStation Mobile games are all valid.
Note - If you vote for a game that's already been selected as GotM, I'll disregard it's placement and scroll everything else up by one. For reference, the following games have already been selected:

Persona 4: Golden
DJMAX Technika Tune
Dead or Alive 5+
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Hatsune Miku Project Diva &#402;

CHOOSE WISELY.

For Europeans picking up the us version of Dragon's Crown, if there's no network pass add me on psn for coop: krokod1l
My main console was 360 lastgen, so yeah SS is my first platinum. But now I'm going all playstation/nintendo.

DigitalOp

Banned
OMFG... Dragon's Crown is August 6th?? I totally forgot... holy ISH... Getting mad hype!!

I tried Wild Arms (Got it free from the Playstation Anv giveaway thing) and I deleted it pretty much immediately...

Felt like it didn't age well nor interesting enough to be worth the time to invest. Meh...

Shoyz

Please everyone choose Lumines for game of the month. Game is so amazing and I've easily dropped more time into this single game than any other game on handheld. For reference, the second most time spent would be in Harvest Moon: FoMT and I probably dropped 100 hours on that (91 hours on P4G).

Also, you can score Lumines on Amazon.com right now for $9.89.

They didn't write down how much it was but I could have /sworn/ it was cheaper earlier this month:
Don't know if this has been mentioned.

Lumines: Electronic Symphony is dirt cheap on Amazon(US) this week.

linkage

Aww that's stupid. :(

Why is it stupid? Sure it's not there day one, but they're going to patch it in. Stupid would be "we have no plans to add that functionality."

I tried Wild Arms (Got it free from the Playstation Anv giveaway thing) and I deleted it pretty much immediately...

Felt like it didn't age well nor interesting enough to be worth the time to invest. Meh...

It aged fine if you like classic JRPGs.
I never touched it before in my life and I played it when Toma did the Let's Play back in February. I thought it was solid but not better than the classic PSX Final Fantasy games.

Sol1dus

No no no the easiest Platinum ever is when you cross-system cloud sync your 100% save in Sound Shapes and get a second Platinum for free. It's hilarious, free trophies are just pouring in.

Except the Sound Shapes platinum is a horrible thing that I don't wish upon anybody. It actually killed my enjoyment of the game. Death mode is disgusting and cheap.

ultimate pick up n play game.

we should be getting a nice patch today - ps3 online cross play here we goooo

Yes, it definitely is always one of my "go to" games for Vita. I played the first HSG for PSP for years and years. HSG:WI easily outclasses it in every way, I will never get rid of it. Not even if there's a fire!

Has the store been updated with version 1.06 and/or DLC yet?

I think this version enables crossplay with the PS3 version, which should give a nice boost to the online community.

I don't know for sure, at work at the moment. Even though I have *never* played any online, I am still excited for it. Heck, once I saw that it had the asynchronous multiplayer over 3g, I was floored! I thought the Daily Tournaments being able to be done over 3G was rad, but this is pretty perfect for those busy busy Vitabros/Vitagals. Almost made me consider the reactivation of my 3G, but then I realize I am near wifi most of the time. My phones wifi hotspot is iffy when it comes to games. I will certainly be doing more online here real soon, once the patch gets updated.

Thought bubble here....If they can patch cross platform play to HSG, couldn't this be done with other games?

Out of curiosity...anyone hear anything recently about Starlight Inception? They still mention a Q3 release on their website, but that's it. Would love to know how it's progressing...

VanWinkle

Why is it stupid? Sure it's not there day one, but they're going to patch it in. Stupid would be "we have no plans to add that functionality."

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad it's still coming, but they never gave any indication that it wouldn't be there at launch. Saying "as soon as we can" doesn't fill me with confidence that it will be there soon. I just wanted to have it there as soon as it came out. :(

Top Bottom