• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

PSVita bros, I HAVE JOINED YOU! :) My (spoiled rotten) nephew was about to trade in his PSV, so I gave him $50 for it & everything he had for it instead. :lol

I just need a little advice....

Alright, so here's what I have:
PSVita (white)
16GB memory card
Gravity Rush
MvC3
LBP
Katamari

The only thing he didn't have was the charging cable & AC adapter. Do you guys think I should order the official Sony ones?

Also, I won't be getting PS+ until I get a PS4 next year.

You ripped off your nephew! That's low.

and don't justify it by saying "well, gamestop would have screwed him over" because they would have given him more than $50.

you owe him at least a benjamin

LosDaddie

Banned
Alright, so next question regarding syncing PSV with my Win8 PC (since I don't have the USB cable yet to try it out on my own):

What's the process?
Do I need to download some software to my PC first?
Is it kinda like syncing my iPhone to my PC?

At least you recognize it's value! Why's that though? Is it because you don't want to "use up" the months where the PS4 isn't out?

lol. you got an insane deal..
and please get on PS+... please for goodness please

nice deal! i'd recc getting PS+, esp since you have the vita...mainly so you can snag uncharted and wipeout for free before they get removed in the coming months.

eh, just no real interest in PS+ at this point. I have a big enough backlog to get through, and PS+ would only make the issue worse. Cloud saves & auto updates mean nothing to me. I'll definitely get it when I get a PS4 next year. I only snagged the PSV because it was a great deal.

I'd definitely get the official charger and AC adapter.

Thanks. I'll order the official Sony ones soon.

Sol1dus

Alright, Im guessing Ill be buying PJM HD. Been having some doubts, asking buyers and reviewers here and there and one of them said its addicting as PvZ, so I guess a final push I suppose. With $8 left after PS+ discount, I think I might buy some Gravity Rush DLC. Before I buy em, i must know, are they worth it?

Kat's cat costume. :D

Akira_83

Banned
just found out that Killzone has no offline MP vs bots

that really sucks and im going to have to reconsider the purchase

every single killzone game ever made has had bots before this one, and Vita needs it more than any other one because naturally your not always online with a portable

Alright, Im guessing Ill be buying PJM HD. Been having some doubts, asking buyers and reviewers here and there and one of them said its addicting as PvZ, so I guess a final push I suppose. With $8 left after PS+ discount, I think I might buy some Gravity Rush DLC. Before I buy em, i must know, are they worth it?
If you like tower defense games you're gonna love it. In fact, PJM is what got me into the tower defense genre. Before it I used to think those game were boring lol.

Aytrial

Alright, so next question regarding syncing PSV with my Win8 PC (since I don't have the USB cable yet to try it out on my own):

What's the process?

When you connect your Vita to your PC, you will be prompted to install a program called "Content Manager". Content Manager basically acts like iTunes, except all navigation and transferring is handled through the Vita. It's fairly straight forward.

Has this DLC ever been on sale apart from the launch promotion? I'd love get back to Kat, but I want that sweet discount too...

Checking the store, and it says each DLC is $3.99. Just realizing I can only buy 2 DLC.

Kat's cat costume. :D
Yes, having a tough time meow Really scratching my head whether to get the DLC or not.

If you like tower defense games you're gonna love it. In fact, PJM is what got me into the tower defense genre. Before it I used to think those game were boring lol.

The only other TDG i've played was PvZ so hey, i might like it. Also heard its challenging so yeah, on my checklist.

I really need to plug in my Vita. I've been meaning to play all these PS+ games for ages.

(Note. I haven't turned on any console for games since finishing TLOU).

Sylver

Banned
Ro84i5X.png

Got it too, downloading.- Great!!.

what where?? did i miss something?
the sign-up was announced here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621316

bradigor

EU didn't get Nikoli Puzzle V Slitherlink. This makes me sad, like a petulant child.

Oh well, looks like I'll be paying over the top to import the cart from Play Asia instead

Guys, the Unit 13 page won't let me download, yet the game seems to be in my download list... I don't want to miss out before it refreshes!

It says You are not eligible to download or purchase this content, but the page has a price and a button to add to basket (the other plus games I got don't!).

nampad

I fucking hate it. I have spend so much money on PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and Vita and never get picked for any beta even though I sign up for every possible one :(

PSVita bros, I HAVE JOINED YOU! :) My (spoiled rotten) nephew was about to trade in his PSV, so I gave him $50 for it & everything he had for it instead. :lol

PSVita (white)
16GB memory card
Gravity Rush
MvC3
LBP
Katamari

The only thing he didn't have was the charging cable & AC adapter. Do you guys think I should order the official Sony ones?

Holy crap. That's one helluva deal! Keep me informed if you have other nephews to rip off! :p

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
You ripped off your nephew! That's low.

and don't justify it by saying "well, gamestop would have screwed him over" because they would have given him more than $50.

you owe him at least a benjamin
Well, if he doesn't know what a gem he had in his hands, he deserves to the ripped off.

mauaus

PSVita (white)
16GB memory card
Gravity Rush
MvC3
LBP
Katamari

Best advice i can give you is get Plus now, you are missing out on probably 4 months of awesome plus content

Sylver

Banned
How big is the beta download?

Did it come via email or PSN?

You should redeem the code you find on the european PlayStation beta sites
Email just says
Visit PSN Beta

Dear GAF member,

A new PlayStation Beta Trial is now live for you to participate in. Please visit PSN Beta for more information.

PSN Beta

You can visit PSN Beta for the latest PlayStation Beta Trial information such as; how to retrieve your voucher code, provide feedback to the development team, submit bug reports, visit the Beta forums and get all of the latest news.

Please head over to PSN Beta and log-in using the SEN sign-in e-mail address that is associated to your SEN GAF member Online ID.

Thank you for your participation. We look forward to seeing you online during the Beta!

The PlayStation Beta Trial Team
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/
1583 MB

Noi

Finally done hammering out the kinks on tomorrow's thread. Now I'm just on standby~

What's the process?

You know, I heard there's an FAQ in a certain OP of a certain thread with the answers to these kinda questions. *winkwinknudgenudge*

eh, just no real interest in PS+ at this point. I have a big enough backlog to get through, and PS+ would only make the issue worse. Cloud saves & auto updates mean nothing to me. I'll definitely get it when I get a PS4 next year. I only snagged the PSV because it was a great deal.

I can respect that! My backlog is already a lost cause so I have no problems with just tossing in more games that Sony wants to give me for free, haha.

Has anyone from the US received a killzone beta code yet? Anyway, I wanna read some impressions from you lucky euros! Footage would be great too ;).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Has anyone from the US received a killzone beta code yet? Anyway, I wanna read some impressions from you lucky euros! Footage would be great too ;).

Didnt they give out US codes for that Home promotion? Where did I save my Code damnit.

RalchAC

PSVita (white)
16GB memory card
Gravity Rush
MvC3
LBP
Katamari

Now I hate you... xD

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
HassanJamal said:
Alright, Im guessing Ill be buying PJM HD. Been having some doubts, asking buyers and reviewers here and there and one of them said its addicting as PvZ, so I guess a final push I suppose.
It's way, way better than PvZ. But unlike PvZ - there's actually some challenge to it (and thinking). Also entire game can be played in co-op, which added a lot to both PS3 and PSP variants.

Top Bottom