• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | June 2013 | Late Ports and Late Threads

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is Home's Killzone beta code working for anyone else? I'm not sure if you're supposed to redeem those later when the beta is live or right now and I dunno if the code is correct or not.

I really want to try it before it launches to make sure the aiming on the system isn't as bad as Call of Duty and Resistances.

All my other codes (themes mostly, haven't tried the trials) redeemed successfully, so I dunno if Home is still screwed up for that one bit or not...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
In all reality, I can see what Sony was thinking when it came to Vita at E3. While they had "no time" for serious stage stuff, the amount of integration that the Vita saw in the E3 on PS Home quest, plus the amount of updates for Vita-compatible games on PSBlog, seems really interested on Vita being a perfect companion to everything else they're doing.

They're not anyway near as good at this "New Console + Portable News!" Stuff as Nintendo, though.

Tearaway and Killzone Merc seem to be exactly the kind of games people WANT to hear about for Vita... now if we had smaller equivalents being announced 2 or 4 times a year, I think everyone could be more happy. Instead, the same ones from LAST year, are suppose to carry us to the end of THIS year.

They really should have had Toukiden, Killzone Merc, and maybe (if it's really coming) God Eater 2 on stage. Ragnarok ACE and Ys wouldn't have hurt, either. Or Valhalla Knights 3... Games that show the system is full of Life, has a variety of content, and has games coming in a much wider variety of genres than people think.

Overall, I think the supremely worse thing is that the Vita Presentation felt like a relic of older E3s. Microsoft did a great job at presenting a "No Pie graph, JUST GAMES!" presentation, and Sony did pretty great with PS4 presentation, after getting so much info out at their private event months back.

...But the Vita went right into the "Here are more numbers, less games! Here's statistics, rather than reveals!" crap that let people down at conferences in the past. It wasn't a presentation to Vita owners, it was a plea to those without the system, to get interested in it. A way to say "hey, you missed out on some great things!"

Shoyz

Is Home's Killzone beta code working for anyone else? I'm not sure if you're supposed to redeem those later when the beta is live or right now and I dunno if the code is correct or not.

I really want to try it before it launches to make sure the aiming on the system isn't as bad as Call of Duty and Resistances.

All my other codes (themes mostly, haven't tried the trials) redeemed successfully, so I dunno if Home is still screwed up for that one bit or not...

Aug 21st.

Buddy went and got footage of a lot of Vita games, and he is going back to get everything else tomorrow. Some of this stuff looks great.

KillZone Mercenary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKKNTujJ9qA

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Batman Origins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qei3xmNOlo

Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlNT8Rx0Jnk

Memories of Celceta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6t5ZuVboV4

Rayman Legends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQ3gYoL0dA

Olli Olli:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeR6Ha5NH0

Open Me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUb4wZeDuT0

Spelunky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmZ8Tk3ZdLE

1001 Spikes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj7GObaH2U8

Epic Mickey 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAuCm9QlS40

Tearaway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRAnEnaHRBw

Requoted for goodness. Thanks. Im interested in the Batman game now. Was worried about the 2D combat vs the great combat in the other Arkham games

Yep. Now imagine the voucher code doesn't work, and when you quit and restart you have to do it all over again!

-me, yesterday.

i went through the same thing. then i saw people online saying if you leave the area progress is deleted. i turn it on today the progress is still there and all the codes popped up.

mannn that batman makes me want a metroid in a similiar style.

is there any footage of the 3DS version? i'd love to see how the two compare.

some good stuff coming down the pipeline for vita.

Shahid has just tweeted this list of Vita games at the E3 show floor:

Tearaway
Batman Blackgate
The Walking Dead
Open Me
Toro’s Friend Network (out in US)

Destiny of Spirits
Dragon’s Crown
Killzone Mercenary
XS Memories of Celeceta
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Muramasa rebirth
Valhalla Knights
Olli Olli
Jak & Daxter Collection
Epic mickey 2

Rayman Legends
Deathmatch Village
Men’s Room Mayhem (Out now)
Stick it to the Man
Pinball Heroes

Floating Cloud God saves the pilgrims in HD
Flower
Aban Hawkins & the 100 Spikes
Hotline Miami
Luftrausers

Limbo (Out now)
Spelunky
Velocity Ultra (Out now)
Fieldrunners 2
Dragon Fantasy Book 2

Kick Beat
Runner 2 - Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Hohokum
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut

35 games in total.

Sid

So these are the Vita games which I'll get this year:
Killzone:Mercenary
Tearaway
The Walking Dead (if it's a retail game)
Batman:Arkham Origins Blackgate
God of War 1 and 2 HD (hyped for this one,it's this year right?)

Not bad Sony,need a few more big titles (Bend's game,Gravity Rush 2,AC portable 2) and I think the Vita will be a pretty good system.

marrec

Banned
Gonna ask again:

Is AC:L worth $13?

I really enjoyed what I got out of AC:L. The feeling of a true Assassin's Creed on a handheld is powerful and the world it's built in is a pretty one. There are a few bugs here and there, but I think they patched out all the game breaking ones so you're free and clear there. The framerate dips at times, and the combat is the same boring ass AC combat.

It's a beautiful game though. Well worth the 13 bucks.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
is there any footage of the 3DS version? i'd love to see how the two compare.

some good stuff coming down the pipeline for vita.

Batman on 3DS was shown in the Nintendo Direct video yesterday, so there should be a trailer or such floating around. Might have to dig through the Nintendo at E3 site, though.

The 3DS one kinda reminded me of that Wolverine game that came out for the system a while back; bigger character, sparser environment... but it might have just been the footage they used.

anyone have media for Dragon Fantasy Book 2?

There's THIS TRAILER, but not sure at much else.

Batman on 3DS was shown in the Nintendo Direct video yesterday, so there should be a trailer or such floating around. Might have to dig through the Nintendo at E3 site, though.

The 3DS one kinda reminded me of that Wolverine game that came out for the system a while back; bigger character, sparser environment... but it might have just been the footage they used.

There's THIS TRAILER, but not sure at much else.

thanks dude!

Folstern

A letdown of a reveal but I'm still having fun playing the games I have on the Vita. With so much other stuff coming out on other consoles I have patience for the Vita to hopefully one day catch up. And visits to the graveyard to catch up on old times don't bother me.

That Dragon Fantasy Book 2 has some Chrono Trigger vibes, I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

Tomodachi

Guys! Guys!

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201306/12034847.html

Some interesting notes:

- Nomura says the final line in the FFXV trailer is not part of the game's story, it was just added as a gag for the name change reveal. (This is the line about the "fifteenth coming".)

- He acknowledge that the "A world of the VERSUS epic" tagline at the end of the trailer specifically refers to the possibility of turning the setting into a series of its own. He says the story in FFXV will reach a climax, but it is like the conclusion of a single part of a larger epic (poem). There will be room for more stories to be told.

- He is aware that for large scale console development projects, there might be a need to keep people interested in the long term with online elements rather than just offer a short term single player experience. There are no concrete plans as of yet but he's looking at all possibilities to see what fits.

- S-E is interested in expanding new FF experiences on the PS Vita, as well as smartphones and tablets. They won't be the same old FF experiences, but something new.

- There will be more of FFXV shown from now onwards, especially at big events like TGS.

- They're calling the shading technique in KH3 the "Kingdom Shader" and the shaders they use will change with each world to create more authentic visual experiences based on the Disney source material. (This was already mentioned in the S-E Radio interview on their Youtube channel earlier.)

- For FFXV and KH3, they're currently looking into using Luminous Studio as the main engine. By developing on an Overspec (PC environment I presume), it makes porting the same content to both PS4 and Xbox One easier.

- The battle footage in the trailer (I think he's talking about KH3, since that was the leading question) is a movie, because the tools they're using have difficulty outputting stuff on the actual systems right now, but he promises that runs in realtime in the dev environment and it should look the same eventually.

- The two biggest new things in KH3 which he talks about are "crazy scale action" and way better enemy AI. He confirms that there will be a 3 character party in the game, but NPCs and allies in each world will also join in battles, and there will be crazy epic aerial action blahblahbalh sound like KH. :p He also talks about enemy AI being more complex and being able to interact with the player, like Sora riding on a vehicle type enemy and so on.

- There will be more on KH3 at TGS and at Disney's D23 Expo Japan in October. KH3 is seen as a rival production for FFXV. Get hype, etc.

S-E acknowledging Vita! Is this real life?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Guys! Guys!

I think this is actually very bad news.
.They won't be the same old FF experiences, but something new.

this mean non traditional FF or even ports(so no Type 0), but instead crap like All the Bravest or new stupid ideas.

it just keep getting worse and worse for Vita, I feel like I'm melting in acid.

Tomodachi

Don't jump to conclusions guys, it's just Nomura talking, probably not even involved in these mobile projects. I think we should receive this as "S-E is working on Vita and mobile FF titles" and not much more.

Also, Type-0 could be considered a "new" FF experience compared to traditionals FFs. BELIEVE!

Hey Vita-Gaf, question.

I just got PS+ for the first time because of the PS4 reveal/E3 sale freebies. I downloaded all the freebies on Vita and am looking forward to Virtue's Last Reward in the next week or two.

I'm also going to download some games later today. Do we have any indication what might be coming for Vita PS+ next month? I don't know how early they tell us or hint at it to us. Just don't want to download a game that's going to end up free in two weeks or something.

Edit: I'm in NA by the way

Hey Vita-Gaf, question.

I just got PS+ for the first time because of the PS4 reveal/E3 sale freebies. I downloaded all the freebies on Vita and am looking forward to Virtue's Last Reward in the next week or two.

I'm also going to download some games later today. Do we have any indication what might be coming for Vita PS+ next month? I don't know how early they tell us or hint at it to us. Just don't want to download a game that's going to end up free in two weeks or something.

Edit: I'm in NA by the way

You'll find out what's coming next month first Monday in July or thereabouts. Just thank your lucky stars they shifted to telling us the whole month, rather than doing it on a weekly basis.

Most of the time, sale games don't get put up for plus close to when they were on sale.

Pachimari

Shahid has just tweeted this list of Vita games at the E3 show floor:

Tearaway
Batman Blackgate
The Walking Dead
Open Me
Toro’s Friend Network (out in US)

Destiny of Spirits
Dragon’s Crown
Killzone Mercenary
XS Memories of Celeceta
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Muramasa rebirth
Valhalla Knights
Olli Olli
Jak & Daxter Collection
Epic mickey 2

Rayman Legends
Deathmatch Village
Men’s Room Mayhem (Out now)
Stick it to the Man
Pinball Heroes

Floating Cloud God saves the pilgrims in HD
Flower
Aban Hawkins & the 100 Spikes
Hotline Miami
Luftrausers

Limbo (Out now)
Spelunky
Velocity Ultra (Out now)
Fieldrunners 2
Dragon Fantasy Book 2

Kick Beat
Runner 2 - Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Hohokum
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut

35 games in total.
We need video of that. Anyone at the show floor?
We have absolutely no videos of it.

Guys! Guys!

Give me something like Crisis Core.

You'll find out what's coming next month first Monday in July or thereabouts. Just thank your lucky stars they shifted to telling us the whole month, rather than doing it on a weekly basis.

Most of the time, sale games don't get put up for plus close to when they were on sale.

Oh it use to be weekly? That would drive me crazy.

And the games i'm looking at buying aren't part of the sale, which is why I asked. I noticed Europe got Rayman Origins this month, is there a precedent of games on PS+ in other regions coming to the other regions shortly after?

Sylver

Banned
Was Killzone Mercenary beta only during june 10th? I finished all E3 quests but no Mercenary code, any tip?
Thanks in advance.

Oh it use to be weekly? That would drive me crazy.

And the games i'm looking at buying aren't part of the sale, which is why I asked. I notices Europe got Rayman Origins this month, is there a precedent of games on PS+ in other regions coming to the other regions shortly after?

Depends on the game. We finally got Deus Ex HR months and months after EU got it. We still don't have MK for Vita or PS3 or Arkham -- but there is overlap.

Tough to call on Rayman. I hope against that one, personally, as I've already bought it like 6 times. :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is AC:L worth $13?

If you can stomach the framerate and persona system, yes. It's got issues but it's a good "tech demo" of possibility. It really needed optimizations and maybe some compromises.

Nerdstick said:
Aug 21st.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Was Killzone Mercenary beta only during june 10th? I finished all E3 quests but no Mercenary code, any tip?
Thanks in advance.

Check the quest board. It should load a code. If it doesn't you're still fucked and you should post on the Sony boards about that. It should be fixed now.

Ponn

Banned
While I appreciate the longness of the list its not going to change peoples minds or move consoles. Its chock full of indie titles, that unfortunately will be niche, most games we already knew about, some since last E3, and also a few that are already out. Killzone is not a Vita mover, and theres not enough name power there to make a dent in convincing someone to get a vita.

They blew it by not capitalizing on last E3. At this point the only way i see Vita recovering is riding on the goodwill hype train of PS 4. If Sony was smart they would make a PS 4 and Vita bundle for $499.

Novocaine

Snipped games list

God of War HD isn't on the list, maybe he counted that but forgot to put it in.

Hohokum, Spelunky, Jak & Daxter, Ragnarok, Muramasa, Tearaway, Batman, Destiny of Spirits, Dragon's Crown and Killzone all look interesting to me. I already have Runner 2 on my PC (though I may double dip). Have Velocity Ultra too, and I'm hoping Toro comes to EU soon..

That's a pretty solid list though I think.

God of War HD isn't on the list, maybe he counted that but forgot to put it in.

Hohokum, Spelunky, Jak & Daxter, Ragnarok, Muramasa, Tearaway, Batman, Destiny of Spirits, Dragon's Crown and Killzone all look interesting to me. I already have Runner 2 on my PC (though I may double dip). Have Velocity Ultra too, and I'm hoping Toro comes to EU soon..

That's a pretty solid list though I think.

Only in the US -- we get Toro's friend network or whatever while EU gets Velocity Ultra for free. :lol

Top Bottom