• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | May 2013 | Lovecraftian Wasteland

ReaperXL7

I have offically spent all day playing nothing but Rymdekapsl, and Passing time, both fantastic games.....I think I will be needing to look into more PSM games, I did also buy Out of mind, but have not played it yet.

Honeyslug is probably going to get a purchase from me on all their games at this point. My only wish is that we could get the Zenonia games, I would love to play thek with Physical controls.

Buy Passing Time!

DigitalOp

Banned
Hi. My name is IceBreak and I own a Vita.

I just recently got my account approved and figured this thread should probably be the first one I reply to. I run /r/Vita and /r/PlayStationPlus among others on reddit. As a way to say hello, here is a 1920x1080 wallpaper I made for the platform a while back in its original lossless png form:

Nice to finally contribute to a community I spend a lot of time with :)

Hey Welcome! Enjoy your stay friend, we got alot of good games comin up!

Props to you for the Dragon's Crown and Soul Sacrifice reps in your wallpaper! Solid titles in the Vita lineup.

Takao

Banned
So with Yu-Nama on PSM and such (Wake Up Club theme?), does it seem likely we'll see a new No Heroes Allowed on Vita eventually?

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a new entry on Vita. Last year Sony released a calendar app where you play the game tailored to that gimmick. So far it's only seen release in Japan. The traditional PSP releases all did fairly well in that market too.

ReaperXL7

So... about that Toukiden

A states release isn't gonna happen, right? I might as well import it when it releases?

Hard to say, but Tecmo has not been shy about localizing the rest of their games in the US. So its not like its out of the question, it would probably be awhile though.

Takao

Banned
Outside of Atelier (which had a PS3 translation to use) the company has shied away from localizing their Japan oriented Vita releases. Toukiden is Japan oriented.

xJavonta

Banned
Hard to say, but Tecmo has not been shy about localizing the rest of their games in the US. So its not like its out of the question, it would probably be awhile though.

They released Atelier, NGS2 and DOA5 imhoo there's huge chance Toukiden will make it here too.
Awesome, guess I'll wait for an announcement

I'm going to be a passenger in a car for 5 hours tomorrow, need something to entertain me so I'm looking for a new Vita game. Right now I'm thinking either P4G or Soul Sacrifice but I'm open to other suggestions.

I've already played vanilla P4 on PS2

DiscoJer

So guys uh...

FFT. The original PS1 or the PSP version?

The PSP version had slowdown, which you could fix somewhat by cranking up the CPU to full speed, but I don't know if the Vita runs PSP games at 333 or 222.

The PS1 version has a bad translation, while the PSP version is almost like reading Shakespeare. Too much the other way, almost, though I guess it's sort of fitting.

Damn, between Rymdkapsel, Passing Time and Yu-Nama, the quality of PSM games is definitely improving.

Two of those games have the SCE name attached, though, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Tomodachi

So guys uh...

FFT. The original PS1 or the PSP version?

I can confirm that FFT:WOTL on Vita has the same slowdowns it has on PSP. However, I would never play the PS1 version because of the crappy translation. WOTL is also much better to look at. The slowdowns are only there when casting magic, they're not that terrible imho.

DiscoJer

Damn, between Rymdkapsel, Passing Time and Yu-Nama, the quality of PSM games is definitely improving.

Two of those games have the SCE name attached, though, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I don't think it matters the platform, if you put out a game after a month or so of development, it's probably going to be much worse than games that have been in development for some time.

As simple as Rymdkapsel & Passing Time look, they took nearly a year to make. While that Thomas Hopper guy seems to take about a month for his games, not to mention that Sony held a bunch of game jams for PS Mobile where games were made in a week, and the winners were then given another month to polish them.

Of course, I'm not sure sales justify spending that long (almost a year) on a title for PSM , even the Sony affiliated ones don't seem to sell that hot.

Guys, I've got a compatibility question about PSP > PSVita transition.

A friend of mine has a PSP. His games are practically all digital versions obtained on the PS Store. If he gets a Vita, will his PSP games be compatible on his new system? I guess if the store page for the PSP game says "can be played on PSP | can be played on PSVita" then that should be okay, right?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

A friend of mine has a PSP. His games are practically all digital versions obtained on the PS Store. If he gets a Vita, will his PSP games be compatible on his new system? I guess if the store page for the PSP game says "can be played on PSP | can be played on PSVita" then that should be okay, right?
Yes. If the store displays it as being playable on the vita, there will be no problems. Many games that are not on the vita store is also playable as well, but require a ps3 to transfer over to the vita.

Holmes

Hi. My name is IceBreak and I own a Vita.

I just recently got my account approved and figured this thread should probably be the first one I reply to. I run /r/Vita and /r/PlayStationPlus among others on reddit. As a way to say hello, here is a 1920x1080 wallpaper I made for the platform a while back in its original lossless png form:

Nice to finally contribute to a community I spend a lot of time with :)
Coolio. I'm subscribed to r/vita.

Yes - unless they are one of 10 titles given free with PSP go - those were special SKUs in shop and they won't work.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Hoping to finish up Dokuro today. If I were to describe the game I'm a single sentence, it'd be "a long, difficult and satisfying test of puzzle abilities".

Not going for the platinum, as I don't think I'll have the skull to pull off the timed level trophy.

Carl

Wish I could buy this, but they didn't release the game in Australia, and I don't really want to bother with the hassle of swapping accounts. :(

To be fair, Penguin Party isn't even available in all PSM countries. I can't find it in the german store.

Still, numbers are abysmal.

Also not available in Germany...

Dan's working on getting it out into more countries. Sony require translated store descriptions for every country you want to release in so it's a big of a bugger to get them released. He's working on it though and said he'll hopefully be able to release in more countries soon.

nampad

Dan's working on getting it out into more countries. Sony require translated store descriptions for every country you want to release in so it's a big of a bugger to get them released. He's working on it though and said he'll hopefully be able to release in more countries soon.

If he needs help with the german translation, I could do it. I am a native speaker.

areal

4iar9Ea.png

Nice.

Tomodachi

If he needs help with the german translation, I could do it. I am a native speaker.

And I can help with French.

Seriously if it's only a matter of translation, I'd gladly help.

And I'd gladly help with Italian, if you're interested.

I may be crazy, but the music in the FFT PSP port felt off. It is as if they couldn't get the reverb right or something. It has this horrible uncanny valley effect for me because it sounds so much like the original OST but not.

Also, I am super excited to see how the Hotline Miami Vita port plays. I meant to replay it after I beat it the first time, but this seems like the best opportunity to do that.

Sleepy

Never really looked at the Vita until Sony stated that it will be a second screen for the PS4. Anyway, I've been poking around Amazon looking at the games, and whomever said that there are no games for this thing hasn't been really looking. I count six or seven games that are guaranteed purchases and several others that good good. I'm jumping in at a price drop, which seems to be implied for E3.

So I guess the concern is the position and sales? But will PS4 actually be a boon for Vita?

shink

I must be really stupid because some of these puzzles on Jacob Jones and the Big Foot Mystery have taken me ages to complete =/

Other than that, damn it's good and amazing for $2.95

Spwn

Quick Farming Simulator question since there doesn't seem to be an OT for the Vita version: Do I have to cultivate the fields again every time after I have harvested or will they regrow with just by fertilizing?

antibolo

Banned

Only a very small number of PSP games can't be played on a Vita at all. I own about 25 digital PSP games and the only one that is impossible to install is the original Modnation Racers. Everything else works perfectly if I install it from a PS3, regardless of being officially supported or not.

If your friend doesn't have a PS3 then this could be more complicated though.

If we are talking about simulator - how the hell do i sell harvested stuff ?
I tried demo but it seems to not be exactly too intuitive (and my farming terms english kinda sux :) )

LMN

Outside of Atelier (which had a PS3 translation to use) the company has shied away from localizing their Japan oriented Vita releases. Toukiden is Japan oriented.

You right, I thought that as well that this will be one of the reason the game is not localized. However I still hope the game become a success in Japan and localized in Eng, Im pretty sure many ppl would love to play it (including me)

Probably not getting a PS3, just going to grab a PS4. Hopefully, TLoU and GTA V will be upgraded. :)

Maybe eventually. It's worth having a PS3, in my opinion. If you've never had one, there are loads of fantastic games.

Uncharted alone is worth it!

See if they lower the price at E3.

Top Bottom