• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
woof that would have been awful dude

its a VN not an adventure game

why not make a new thread so you can freak out over video game related stuff that hasn't even happened yet in there and not here...

So i should just close my eyes, ignoring the signs and stop thinking? Is this what you are suggesting?
Sorry but i have too respect of the intelligence of the vitabros, vitagaf is a happy community because is made of intelligent people, not because is made of brainless people that ignore things.
Am i wrong? Then convince me of what you think, do not stop me saying what i think.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
yeah its a first party sony official card. people in here have imported them from asia/japan.

Cool, thanks. I may investigate this at some point. My 32 is filling up...

VTrax by Super Icon

Hadn't seen this before:
http://www.supericon.co.uk/portfolio-items/vtrax/

If it's anything like trackmania I'll be all over that! There are screens, no video that I can see though. Looks promising, if a bit simple to be like trackmania from those shots anyway.

Portable Trackmania? <3

Takao

Banned
PSN won't let me sign in anymore. It says my password or email is incorrect, but I didn't change either of those, nor did I get an email request to change them.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'll just end it with this. IF Sony looses future mainline Persona games, then it is SONY themselves to blame and not some 3DS spinoff.

They haven't supported the Vita enough themselves to get a large enough userbase for it to warrant a mainline Persona title (in this case P5) so instead, we get a Hatsune Rise: Project Inaba F.

Let's just stop bickering ok? :)
Sony won't lose main persona games(that will be on home consoles anyway), but that 3ds spinoff is the sign that sony is already losing ground.

Just to be clear i have never ever even thought of a persona 5 exclusive for vita but i'm sure that vita will get persona 5 sooner than many people here think, but persona q is a sign that the weight of vita in the future of the persona series is changed imo.

RalchAC

Sony won't lose main persona games(that will be on home consoles anyway), but that 3ds spinoff is the sign that sony is already losing ground.

Just to be clear i have never ever even thought of a persona 5 exclusive for vita and i'm sure that vita will get persona 5 sooner than many think, but persona q is a sign that the weight of vita in the future of the persona series could change imo.

Fixed.

I think you are kinda overreacting, even when you are right to a certain degree. Persona Q is made by the Etrian Odyssey team, who have only experience on the (3)DS, so it may be one of the reasons. And they may want to build some fanbase in the 3DS in case everything goes wrong with the PlayStation brand in Japan.

But that doesn't mean we won't get Persona 5. Cruises have lifeboats and I don't see anybody panicking because of it. I think this is the same case.

Noi

Just to be clear i have never ever even thought of a persona 5 exclusive for vita and i'm sure that vita will get persona 5 sooner than many think, but persona q is a sign that the weight of vita in the future of the persona series is changed imo.

You're saying this as if Atlus has never released spin-off games on a Nintendo platform before. Before Persona, SMT in general was Atlus' cash cow. If Sony was "losing ground" now, none of these would have been on the DS/3DS.

MIDevilSurvivor_cover.JPG
Devil_Survivor_2_cover.jpg

SMTStrangeJourneyJPcover.jpg
Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV.jpg

Atlus doing a spin-off game of their current most popular property for the 3DS is changing absolutely nothing about how things have been for years.

cametall

Bought a Vita on impulse from Best Buy yesterday with an 8gb card ... yeah, should have bought the larger card. Do those things ever go on sale?

cafemomo

but persona q is a sign that the weight of vita in the future of the persona series is changed imo.

Again, blame Sony for not pushing their handheld.
Mainline Persona will REMAIN on Sony home consoles because that is where the fanbase and where the money is. A 3DS spinoff does not mean ANYTHING. Be it Fatlus or any other dev.

If that were the case, then the Wii should of have gotten a GTA game since the DS got Chinatown wars. The Wii U would of have gotten a mainline FF game because of theatrhythm. (yeah yeah yeah technical limitations, wiiu can't handle direct x so it wouldn't handle FFXV anyway, but you get the idea)

Until Sony gets off their ass and starts supporting the Vita more than just labeling it as a glorified PS4 controller, then prepare for some rock bottom support from 3rd party devs.

I hope with the time some of those Atlus games on NDS and 3DS, like Soul Hackers and SMT 4, get a release on Vita, with better resolution, given their love for re-releasing games.

cafemomo

I hope with the time some of those Atlus games on NDS and 3DS, like Soul Hackers and SMT 4, get a release on Vita, with better resolution, given their love for re-releasing games.

SMTIV needs to be on a console (PS4 or WiiU) instead of a handheld.

I loved the game, but I felt like it would of been more proper on a home console.

alice

SMTIV needs to be on a console (PS4 or WiiU) instead of a handheld.

I loved the game, but I felt like it would of been more proper on a home console.

Absolutely! It makes me a wee bit sad to see a numbered SMT game on handheld. Don't get me wrong, it stands as my GOTY (with Tearaway nipping at its heels) but I'd love to play it on the big screen. I'd like to see all JRPGs released on handheld and console, which is why I love Sony - in theory at least the Vita/PS4 combo gives me the ability to play my RPGs somewhere other than my couch.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You're saying this as if Atlus has never released spin-off games on a Nintendo platform before. Before Persona, SMT in general was Atlus' cash cow. If Sony was "losing ground" now, none of these would have been on the DS/3DS.

MIDevilSurvivor_cover.JPG
Devil_Survivor_2_cover.jpg

SMTStrangeJourneyJPcover.jpg
Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV.jpg

Atlus doing a spin-off game of their current most popular property for the 3DS is changing absolutely nothing about how things have been for years.
I was talking specifically of persona, always on sony consoles, smt games were on nintendo consoles, there wa a balance, now there's no more this balance, nintendo already has smt, now it's getting persona too, while vita, or sony in general, is not getting smt.

Fixed.

I think you are kinda overreacting, even when you are right to a certain degree. Persona Q is made by the Etrian Odyssey team, who have only experience on the (3)DS, so it may be one of the reasons. And they may want to build some fanbase in the 3DS in case everything goes wrong with the PlayStation brand in Japan.

But that doesn't mean we won't get Persona 5. Cruises have lifeboats and I don't see anybody panicking because of it. I think this is the same case.

Again, blame Sony for not pushing their handheld.
Mainline Persona will REMAIN on Sony home consoles because that is where the fanbase and where the money is. A 3DS spinoff does not mean ANYTHING. Be it Fatlus or any other dev.

If that were the case, then the Wii should of have gotten a GTA game since the DS got Chinatown wars. The Wii U would of have gotten a mainline FF game because of theatrhythm. (yeah yeah yeah technical limitations, wiiu can't handle direct x so it wouldn't handle FFXV anyway, but you get the idea)

Until Sony gets off their ass and starts supporting the Vita more than just labeling it as a glorified PS4 controller, then prepare for some rock bottom support from 3rd party devs.
A spin off of dragon quest, or ace attorney, or layton or whatever, on vita would not mean anything to you?

Anyway i have already said that i expect persona 5 on vita sooner than many people think, i'm worried for the series in general on vita, i'm not worried for the ps4.

Shady859

PSN is still not letting me sign in.

I just turned on my PS4 and was told I had to change my password, it has expired.. ? Same password since I changed after PSN hack.

I followed on screen instructions and was emailed and had to change on PC. Was allowed back in after that.

Tapejara

Broke down and ordered Sorcery Saga from Amazon.com. Aksys said in early to November to "stay tuned" for Canadian pre-orders, but the release date's coming up soon and I still can't find it anywhere.

Still holding out hope that Amazon or EB gets it in stock soon :(.

cafemomo

what the hell is up with PSN?

Both of my wifi networks work fine on my other devices, yet my PS3 and sometimes my Vita is acting up.

Takao

Banned
Wait what? You're telling me the only reason Carl posted here was because he works at a game studio? (where does he work?)

Carl is a super fan of British indie studio Futurlab. Previously their games were exclusive to PlayStation handhelds, but that has since changed.

Do playstation games on vita have an interrupt save feature so you can save anywhere?

Save anywhere, no.
Well, depends on the game, I think.
But if you're asking if there's a global "save state" feature a la emulators, NO.

So did Sony forget about switching the yearly games for PS+? It should have happened already, if I remember the date right.

Pretty much. They copped out and claimed they're not ready to change them yet. It's a huge bunch of BS.

MGS VR missions drops tmrw! oh snap

Probably not compatible on Vita. ;)

paid DLC I'm assuming?

Huh, what?

--

I wish Flower had a "flowers bloomed" counter... :\

--

WTF?! I was affected by the stupid password reset ordeal.
Sony, get your act together.

killatopak

Gold Member
I am actually rather surprised that some of you are actually acting kind of... I don't know...... panicky? Because of that PersonaQ game.

Once he sees Igor dancing, he will change his mind.

I've got a strange feeling that if you buy Persona Q for the 3DS, a Vita port will be announced...

joe2187

Banned
I am actually rather surprised that some of you are actually acting kind of... I don't know...... panicky? Because of that PersonaQ game.

The entire announcement was extremely bizarre for those who stayed up all night to see it, a combination of lack of sleep and being teased every couple hours during the stream was enough to make anyone go insane.

I know I lost my shit when they showed the first four seconds of the trailer and then got cutoff by the old woman who starts macking with the picture of Yu Narukami.

co1onel

It works for the Vita, I have it from the latest MGS collection from the PS3, I didn't realize it wasn't already on the store...

Even though MGS1 doesn't "work" on the Vita.

This frustrates me so much. Konami was willing to update the license for MGS VR missions but not MGS1?

Top Bottom