• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vito on Sony censorship

Are you seriously comparing violence with pedophilia? I get what you are saying, but imo you are just a twisted fuck if you play games with girls that intentional looks like a minor.

And for people like you I wrote this article. Enjoy:

Let me be very clear here.

Using censorship on games and allowing pedophilia are certainly different things.. There are laws ...

Pedophilia isn't defined by law. It's defined by biology. You're mixing up Age of Consent-law with pedophilia. Although I've got a feeling you're not interested in facts and we're close to some 'an ephebophile is a pedophile with a thesaurus'-bs moments 🙄

------

In general: stop censoring what authoritarian puritans dislike. Start protecting real children.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Pedophilia isn't defined by law. It's defined by biology. You're mixing up Age of Consent-law with pedophilia. Although I've got a feeling you're not interested in facts and we're close to some 'an ephebophile is a pedophile with a thesaurus'-bs moments 🙄

We're obviously talking about a depiction of pedophilia in media, which is illegal in most countries on Earth and hence defined by law.

Last edited:
It may not be new, but it certainly must be combated. Zero doubts about that.

Crime is not new. Feel free to go complain to the police that they shouldn't be "bitching" about it.
Crime and censorship getting compared always warms my heart. Calling cops about a break-in always seemed about the same as forum bitching about textures in places I don't like. What's your plan of action to fight the scourge of gover........platform holder mandated censorship?

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Crime and censorship getting compared always warms my heart. Calling cops about a break-in always seemed about the same as forum bitching about textures in places I don't like. What's your plan of action to fight the scourge of gover........platform holder mandated censorship?

One needs to know very little about history to think that censorship is any less of an issue than crime.

Something not being new is no reason to refrain from pushing back against it. That's not rocket science, and no amount of misplaced sarcasm to thinly veil the fact that you have no argument can change that.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
Looks more like curation than censorship to me. "Our platform, our rules, here's what you need to do to your product if you want to be a part of our business."

If the company in question feels that their artistic vision is more important than the bottom line then they probably shouldn't have picked console in the first place, or stuck to regions where this stuff is socially acceptable.

Last edited:
Looks more like curation than censorship to me. "Our platform, our rules, here's what you need to do to your product if you want to be a part of our business."

If the company in question feels that their artistic vision is more important than the bottom line then they probably shouldn't have picked console in the first place, or stuck to regions where this stuff is socially acceptable.

The nazi's burning books was curation. Heard it, everyine? /s

One needs to know very little about history to think that censorship is any less of an issue than crime.

Something not being new is no reason to refrain from pushing back against it. That's not rocket science, and no amount of misplaced sarcasm to thinly veil the fact that you have no argument can change that.
What are you pushing back against? If the answer is censorship, what are you fighting for? Companies dictating what they sell? Sounds like you're trying to control their speech and the power they have over their own product. You have no argument other than "I don't like." and dont realize that it was censored way before sony got to it.

Zog

Banned
Fictional pedo addiction can be a step before real pedo actions IRL.

Can fictional shooting people be a step before the real thing IRL? Can stomping turtles in Super Mario Brothers lead to turtle abuse IRL? Does busting up stuff in the Lego games lead to destruction of property IRL?

Last edited:
Top Bottom