• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vizio 50" 4K UHD TV for $999 + free $300 gift card at Dell.com

Vuze

Insane price for that feature list (even includes Dolby HDR) and fantastic deal.
I really hope VIZIO models will eventually make it to EU but probably not considering how long people have been asking for it...

scitek

Insane price for that feature list (even includes Dolby HDR) and fantastic deal.
I really hope VIZIO models will eventually make it to EU but probably not considering how long people have been asking for it...
These TVs were just updated to support both DolbyVision and HDR10, though I think the latter is only via HDMI at the moment. But the streaming services supported by Vizio use DV anyway.

Clutchman

Neo Member
I had the 50 inch but ultimately took it back for the sleeker Samsung KS8500 (it's curved) The blacks are awesome on the Vizio and if you are a person who watches movies or games in a dark room, this TV is for you.The Samsung just upscales everything much better and I thought the colors looked better.

Vizio does support both HDR and Dolby Vision viewing though. For the price, you are getting one of the better TV'S on the market and the price is just the icing on the cake. By the way, the remote flat out sucks I thought, and the Vizio has no true smart TV capabilities besides it being able to cast what is on the tablet you receive with the TV.

Composer

I had the 50 inch but ultimately took it back for the sleeker Samsung KS8500 (it's curved) The blacks are awesome on the Vizio and if you are a person who watches movies or games in a dark room, this TV is for you.The Samsung just upscales everything much better and I thought the colors looked better.

Vizio does support both HDR and Dolby Vision viewing though. For the price, you are getting one of the better TV'S on the market and the price is just the icing on the cake. By the way, the remote flat out sucks I thought, and the Vizio has no true smart TV capabilities besides it being able to cast what is on the tablet you receive with the TV.

I feel like we're twins, because I did the exact same thing yesterday. Went in and traded my P50 for the KS8500. I wish I had seen this deal though, aaaah.

I seriously doubt you'll get it. Unless there's a lucky door buster and you stand in line for two days. The best deals have been found outside of black Friday the past five years or so.

why would I pay $999 when I have no desire for a $300 Dell GC? I just want the TV so like I said I'll wait until Black Friday and/or I see stand alone deal for $700

It's August no way there wont be a better deal later

gamz

why would I pay $999 when I have no desire for a $300 Dell GC? I just want the TV so like I said I'll wait until Black Friday and/or I see stand alone deal for $700

That and a Xbox One S 4k player is a crazy good deal.

BHK3

Banned
Whats the input lag though with all the bells and whistles? 4K and HDR and more Useless Dolby nonsense aside, if you have to have it all turned off just for a game to feel responsive then it's a $1000 waste.

Guys, it's a great set for watching movies/TV but do some research on the input lag. With HDR on it gets pretty bad.

Edit: Beaten, read post above me.

Nipo

Good deal. For anyone interested keep in mind with the P Series everything below 65 inch has some compromises. The 50" model only has a 60Hz refresh rate and not 120Hz and the 55" uses an IPS panel and not a VA panel and has lower contrast ratios.

Personally I'd just grab an Xbox with the credit and sell it. But I get what you're saying. I just don't think you'll see the TV go anywhere near that low. I could be wrong though.

Whats the input lag though with all the bells and whistles? 4K and HDR and more Useless Dolby nonsense aside, if you have to have it all turned off just for a game to feel responsive then it's a $1000 waste.

I believe it's in the 50ms range. Which isn't great but that's one of the lowest of any HDR set available today.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I believe it's in the 50ms range. Which isn't great but that's one of the lowest of any HDR set available today.

Yup. I've seen some claiming the Samsung KS8000 (closest equivalent to this set from a competitor) at under 30ms, but Samsumg themselves said it's actually over 80ms. I think this TV is about the best you're gonna do this year for HDR gaming at a decent price. Vizio has been pretty good about post launch support too, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the input lag get a bit lower after they do more HDR optimizations.

EDIT: And for those interested in the KS8000 series... that's an IPS panel with poor local dimming, so don't expect a great HDR image on the set especially in a dark room. The Vizio in comparison is a full array LED with very good blacks and that's necessary for the increased brightness that comes with HDR.

New002

Guys, it's a great set for watching movies/TV but do some research on the input lag. With HDR on it gets pretty bad.

Edit: Beaten, read post above me.

Yup. If I'm gonna deal with high input lag I'll just try and swing an OLED.

For those that don't mind the input lag with HDR content this is a fantastic set, and using that 300gc to pair it up with a One S as a 4K player is what I would do for sure.

Solid!

Top Bottom