• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VOEZ |OT| 116 Songs. 6 High Schoolers. 1st Rhythm Game on Switch. This is the VOEZ!

May I ask what glass screen protector you got? I see so many options on Amazon and so many with low star ratings
are you in US, UK or elsewhere? Availability can depend on which country you're in, for example I have a FoneM8 one but I don't think they have those in the US. hop on over to the Switch Protection Thread, its full of recs and info :)
RIP

Is there a Mexico store deal? lol
Don't think so, think Shovel Knight was a misprice :/
That's close to being the actual exchange rate. $34 would have been more fair but they're probably accounting for future drops in the dollar which has shown weakness of late.
Oh yeah, I was more just shaking my head at the fact that that's the exchange rate, not that it was priced that way, if that makes sense. Like CAD$35 is crazy but that's what it is now.

ggx2ac

One of my favourite tracks at the moment, because I haven't gone through all of them.

C6ja5i9U0AAE733.jpg

Plus this.

Famassu

I don't believe so.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Rayark has ever done physical.
Ok. Not that paying 21€ for a digital music/rhythm game with 116 songs is all that horrible a deal even with the uncertainties of digital distribution, but music games is just one thing that I want to have physical copies especially badly for to future-proof my access to them, since licensing crap can cause these things to disappear from digital storefronts or at least makes it far less likely for future platforms to have these available even in the case of digital b/c carrying over some purchases to Super Switch or whatever the next Nintendo platform will be.

how many fingers are you supposed to use

I use 2. Just my index fingers but you can use as many as you want. I haven't played many (if at all) that require more than 2 though.

This game is a lot of fun! Already bumped it up to hard. Getting so many keys. It's kinda tedious to keep pulling icons at only three at a time.

Like someone else mentiones, use your keys when you get them. The whole process to unlock avatars is so slow and tedious. You really don't want to sit on 100 keys, trying to unlock things.

This is my most played Switch game so far. I'm trying to get into Zelda but rhythm games always suck me in.

I need a better way to play. Gets uncomfortable with my neck staring down.

hmm so i've been taking off the joy cons and laying it flat on the table cus i dont want ot put undue pressure on the joycons but it looks really nice with them connected and the angle is better LOL

idk what to do. what do yall do

I watched a single gameplay yesterday, and I was sold. I like messing around with keyboards and drum machines, so this looks way up my alley. I am really looking forward to trying it this weekend.

Tayaya

Ok. Not that paying 21€ for a digital music/rhythm game with 116 songs is all that horrible a deal even with the uncertainties of digital distribution, but music games is just one thing that I want to have physical copies especially badly for to future-proof my access to them, since licensing crap can cause these things to disappear from digital storefronts or at least makes it far less likely for future platforms to have these available even in the case of digital b/c carrying over some purchases to Super Switch or whatever the next Nintendo platform will be.

It must really suck to have missed out on Future Tone, too. In almost every case of a game getting deleted from a storefront I am pretty sure that those that made the purchase were still able to re-download. Sure the servers won't last an eternity but 21 euros is really a drop in the bucket - eventually it'll get hacked/cracked and if you're really worried about by then you can download an archive copy.

Frankly I'm more worried about the longevity of the Switch hardware with its non-replaceable battery (without disassembly) and non-transferrable saves. Still, not gonna stop me from downloading what I already know from my phone is a great and very fun music game!

Tayaya

hmm so i've been taking off the joy cons and laying it flat on the table cus i dont want ot put undue pressure on the joycons but it looks really nice with them connected and the angle is better LOL

idk what to do. what do yall do

Keep them on - as long as you aren't hitting your switch like a hammer with your fingers you aren't going to break anything. Plus you tap at the bottom of the screen, where the pressure you add is already at a point where you are putting the least possible amount of stress on the rails.

Is this game worth $25? I can literally download it for free on my phone right now.
try it on your phone and if you like it get it on switch. to buy all the songs on the mobile version is like $80+.
Keep them on - as long as you aren't hitting your switch like a hammer with your fingers you aren't going to break anything. Plus you tap at the bottom of the screen, where the pressure you add is already at a point where you are putting the least possible amount of stress on the rails.

Cyanity

Banned
Didn't realize how expensive all the songs are on mobile. Ok then, last question before I buy this: how's the playing experience with the tablet? Can you play comfortably while holding the tablet, or is this a coffee table sort of game?

Ibuki

Banned
Didn't realize how expensive all the songs are on mobile. Ok then, last question before I buy this: how's the playing experience with the tablet? Can you play comfortably while holding the tablet, or is this a coffee table sort of game?

That is completely up to you, but I prefer playing with my pointer fingers with the console on a table.

UltraJay

I play it like phone rhythm games (and Vita). I take off the joycons and use my thumbs. I kinda have to stretch to reach the middle but this is how I pay Deemo, Cytus, and LoveLive. For more difficult songs putting it on a table and using your index fingers might be needed.

deadfolk

Will probably grab this eventually simple because the Android version is bugged on my phone. If I get any notifications while playing (email/sms/etc.) the sound drops out and doesn't come back unless I restart the app.

Bit of a problem for a rhythm game!

Mandelbo

I play it like phone rhythm games (and Vita). I take off the joycons and use my thumbs. I kinda have to stretch to reach the middle but this is how I pay Deemo, Cytus, and LoveLive. For more difficult songs putting it on a table and using your index fingers might be needed.

Certain songs on harder difficulties become much simpler if you use more than two fingers. I've found myself using four fingers a lot of the time, sometimes six depending on how complex the chart is.

SHarris78

One beef I have is that I still do wish they did at least have stick/button control for menu operations. I forget and get confused lol.

I was stuck on the opening intro for its duration, pressing all the buttons and wondering why nothing was happening. Forgot it was a touch screen 🙄

Isomac

I am going to get this as soon as I get my screen protector. I tried the phone version a bit and liked it a lot. Only thing I didn't like was ads and other f2p mechanics so this version looks like the best for me.

ChrisD

Glad I saw this OT, didn't know the game was coming to NA as well.

Won't be buying too very soon due to a ton of other games that have eaten my money, but definitely looking forward to when I can make the purchase! Love Deemo, and this looks highly alike.

The Switch Exclusive song linked on page 1 looks really fun to play until the end. That just looked like dumb "throw notes to make hard." Do hope that's not a reoccurring thing with the charts.

Theswweet

I wish there was a demo version for the Switch itself, but after trying a few songs on my phone I can't say I'm sold. I'd totally buy Cytus if it ever came to Switch, though... I'm still salty I missed out on getting that on Vita.

Just unlocked all the avatars. You're given at least 1 new one every time you use a key. Fairly simple.

Wonder if they'll introduce another purpose for keys. You'll keep earning them through challenges but no way to use them.

Here are some songs (musically) that I like:

Warp Drive
Yggdrasil
Time Phase Pt.1
Revival
Refel
Popotnik
Last Escape

My least favorite challenges are the ones that ask you to play on easy but when the songs sound awesome it isn't too bad, lol.

EMt1fah.jpg

I think this song has the highest combo out of all songs. Many many jumps and it's continuous. Definitely tests your finger stamina lol

I don't believe so.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Rayark has ever done physical.

Deemo was released physically, but that doesn't mean much when there's a ton of DLC that came out post-release.

One of my favourite tracks at the moment, because I haven't gone through all of them.

Time Phase is really a standout track in this game, because it actually makes the most of jazz in a rhythm game (changing up the selection of genres and challenging you with time signature changes). Deemo embraced jazz to a much bigger extent, but mostly with slower, sleepier songs.

Here are some songs (musically) that I like:

Warp Drive
Yggdrasil
Time Phase Pt.1
Revival
Refel
Popotnik
Last Escape

My least favorite challenges are the ones that ask you to play on easy but when the songs sound awesome it isn't too bad, lol.

EMt1fah.jpg

I think this song has the highest combo out of all songs. Many many jumps and it's continuous. Definitely tests your finger stamina lol

That's pretty much the same as my favorites.

I don't think Wilt has as many notes as some songs on 16 (try Run Lads Run and see what it does to your finger), but it makes you engage with the rhythm of the song exceptionally well.

And there's The Longest Night, for a hardcore endurance-fest starting right on hard.

bounchfx

been playing a little, im glad I bought it. its fun, gameplay is a nice twist from regular tapping. I mean it's no Ouendan but few things are.

My biggest complaint right now is how sometimes it's hard to tell what you're playing the beat to. sometimes the notes are hard to pick apart or they switch between instruments mid tapping and it's difficult to follow, i assume this will change with repeat plays of a song though

macklelol

Bought it and played a few songs so far. It's alright. Mostly tried some 15s/16s, and I wasn't failing miserably on them, so that's something.

Alpha_eX

Ok this game is incredible and even without a stand the screen tilts rather nicely, play it on a mat if you're worried about joy-cons but no need to apply slot of force so no problem this way.

Loving this game so far, an option to make a playlist of favourite songs would be nice as there are so many or some sorting options.

If you like music games, you'll love this. Just as good as DJ Max Techinica, music is decent too.

That's pretty much the same as my favorites.

I don't think Wilt has as many notes as some songs on 16 (try Run Lads Run and see what it does to your finger), but it makes you engage with the rhythm of the song exceptionally well.

And there's The Longest Night, for a hardcore endurance-fest starting right on hard.

Run Lads Run...LOL at that one part.

Interesting how The Longest Night is a 15 on Hard but a 13 on Special. The hardest "Hard" song in the game.

I saw 2 other songs where the Hard difficulty is rated higher than Special: Pretty Dog (13/12) and Keep You Safe (13/12)

blado

Just bought this today and one question I have is what does the 1x, 2x, 3x, etc. do in the settings before starting a song?

Steiner

Banned
The HORI Switch stand would be perfect for this, and I pre-ordered it so long ago from Amazon. Still hasn't shipped...

rpmurphy

The HORI Switch stand would be perfect for this, and I pre-ordered it so long ago from Amazon. Still hasn't shipped...
Yeah, I dunno why they are taking so long to arrive. My order says that they're expected to ship on Monday though, finally.

UberTag

has anyone tried this on the hori stand?

is the best way to play just lying the switch on a desk?
My issue with playing on a Hori stand is that while the Switch stays sturdy on the stand, the stand itself is susceptible to moving. And that still poses a dilemma if you're not nimble and delicate on your touchscreen.

akashhhhh

Would love to hear more song reccs, found Run Lads Run and Seek thanks to this thread.

Would love an option to favorite songs.

This game will do just fine until we hopefully get Ouendan 3.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This game probably has the best value out of any of the games released on switch atm specially if you are a fan of the genre

Top Bottom