• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vogue: The Art of the Death Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Hands, Body, Attitude, Fish, Labaja

VOGUE

There are very few dance styles capture the attitude, hyper femininity and pure style of Vogue, but not very many people know much about it. But everyone knows its signature dance move: the death drop.

rkGgwwG.gif

One of the most difficult moves in dance, and currently taking popular culture by storm.

yC0HpmP.gif

I mean, I watch these video clips, and I'm amazed at the athleticism.

So GAF, anybody here into Vogue dance/culture?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

VOGUE

There are very few dance styles capture the attitude, hyper femininity and pure style of Vogue, but not very many people know much about it. But everyone knows its signature dance move: the death drop.

rkGgwwG.gif

One of the most difficult moves in dance, and currently taking popular culture by storm.

yC0HpmP.gif

I mean, I watch these video clips, and I'm amazed at the athleticism.

So GAF, anybody here into Vogue dance/culture?
Am I missing a joke here, because it looks to me like these people in your gifs are just tripping/slipping and falling down?

I'm missing the joke, aren't I?

Zaptruder

Banned
Reads OP's description.

Style, hyperfeminity, blah blah blah.

Ok... interesting.

*watches video*

Uh... ok... what the fuck? This is a thing?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

VOGUE

>>.gifs<<

That doesn't look like people Striking a pose.

A lot of these death drops look more like their head is playing an ill-advised game of chicken with the surface of the Earth than taking part in a controlled move.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was expecting this death drop

team3danimated.gif

I've watch a handful of voguing videos time to time. A properly done death drop is always dope as hell to see.

Still need to get around to watch Paris is Burning though seeing as Neflix added it back on last time I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom