• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Voice actor accidentally confirms Army of Four

Xater

Jul 28, 2007
There you go V_Ben:

Interesting. I liked the first game. Never bothered with the second one and thought the franchise was dead.

TheBioLover

Jan 18, 2012
UK
What does he mean "Splinter from Battlefield"? Are EA slapping the Battlefield brand on everything now?

DiscoJer

Sep 26, 2009
St. Louis
That's it, keep flooding the military shooter market. After all, it worked for guitar games...

I know, there market is bigger and more established, but I think there has to be a saturation point. Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Army of ____, that game from the CoD guys from Activision.

Xater

Jul 28, 2007
DerZuhälter;35679393 said:
Army of Two gets 4 player co-op? -> Army of Four

Well that's obvious. V_Ben also told me on Twitter that this is probably what Mercs Inc. became, so this has me very intrigued.

TheBioLover

Jan 18, 2012
UK
Seems like EA's GDC conference is going to have quite a few interesting games. Hopefully Mirror's Edge 2 is there........

dethforce

Banned
Dec 9, 2011
how the heck can such a utterly mediocre game like army of two getting TWO sequels???? does the market needs another boring 4 hour dudebro experiance?

Rapstah

Jul 20, 2009
Is this the guy who played Shepard in Stargate: Atlantis? The guy who said "damn it" a lot?

Dabanton

May 25, 2007
how the heck can such a utterly mediocre game like army of two getting TWO sequels???? does the market needs another boring 4 hour dudebro experiance?

Not that i've played them but i thought they both sold pretty well.

dethforce

Banned
Dec 9, 2011
Not that i've played them but i thought they both sold pretty well.

the first one had some nice ideas, but was a buggy and glitchy mess and also it was a game from production hell, they cutted many things out of the game and you can really see it. it was a mess.

the second games was just boring and without the cool cgi videos from the first game.

rukland

Jul 5, 2011
Stargate Atlantis represent!

For sure, for this reason alone I might buy the game. Just want to make sure Joe gets some money since I know we are not getting an Atlantis movie *grumble grumble*

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Jul 4, 2004
Well that's obvious. V_Ben also told me on Twitter that this is probably what Mercs Inc. became, so this has me very intrigued.
If this is the re-branded Mercs Inc project it might also have some substantial competitive multiplayer.

tw1164

Feb 12, 2010
I hope it's a new Army of two game, those games are amazing absurd. Mercs 2 was great too for the same reason. It was a bit bugger though.

Rapstah

Jul 20, 2009
Reading his previous tweets, why would he have been in Sweden to sign the contract for an EA job if it wasn't DICE-related? Do they (EA) have that kind of offices in Malmö or Copenhagen?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oct 25, 2011
joe flanigan is really pretty. i like the way his hair is all scruffy. :3