• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volition (Saints Row) to show new unannounced project at PAX Prime?

Nibel

Oct 18, 2011
twitter.com
Source

Unannounced Title from Volition
If you want to be the first to hear what the title is, attend the panel, "QUIZ SHOW HOUR WITH VOLITION - PROJECT REVEAL & PRIZES!" Friday, August 29th at 10:00am in the Sandworm Theatre. We will be booking limited 30-minute appointments for this title.
Totilock if old

jschreier

Jan 6, 2011
www.twitter.com
fyi

Unannounced Title from Volition
If you want to be the first to hear what the title is, attend the panel, "QUIZ SHOW HOUR WITH VOLITION - PROJECT REVEAL & PRIZES!" Friday, August 29th at 10:00am in the Sandworm Theatre. We will be booking limited 30-minute appointments for this title.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
May 17, 2013
If only they still had the Red Faction IP....

Guerilla 2 on the new consoles would be insane.

SwiftDeath

May 31, 2013
Hmm when would this be likely to release? Late 2015? 2016?

Curious if this will be cross-gen or not

Oct 31, 2009
I could play another Saints Row game. Last two have been a blast. Itll be hard to lose super powers though if thats the way they go.

Corpekata

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
I think Nordic picked up Red Faction, and they seemed open to lending out the Darksiders IP to a publisher so maybe the same can be said in this case. Deep Silver seems to be spending money like it is going out of style lately.

Squire

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Hmm when would this be likely to release? Late 2015? 2016?

Curious if this will be cross-gen or not
Dead Island 2 isn't cross-gen while many of its contemporaries are. I don't think Deep Silver is bent on doing that, so I would assume whatever Volition is making a next-gen affair only.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Nov 3, 2007
Freespace 3?

Freespace 3.
Don't Interplay (they are still alive) own that IP?

I think Nordic picked up Red Faction, and they seemed open to lending out the Darksiders IP to a publisher so maybe the same can be said in this case. Deep Silver seems to be spending money like it is going out of style lately.
I doubt that Deep Silver will "rent" an IP they didn't care to buy for cheap in first place and put their best studio on it, if they want they can make a spiritual successor and they even can call it something similar too (see Demon's Souls ---> Dark Souls).

SwiftDeath

May 31, 2013
Dead Island 2 isn't cross-gen while many of its contemporaries are. I don't think Deep Silver is bent on doing that, so I would assume whatever Volition is making a next-gen affair only.
Forgot about that. I'm more excited now then :)